[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

I have never played any dot builds in the past and I have decided to use this as league starter can you explain the limits of Life+MoM, Bane+2 Curses version? Can i take shaper and uber elder or do I need to make further changes? Thank you for this build.
Shadow starting area is getting hotfixed in before patch. Will need an update to the trees probably.
I really really want to start with this build tomorrow. I was leaning towards a winters orb build, but this looks so fun.

so. Honest-to-god, no-BS opinion? Will this build (with higher end gear) be able to do high end content like Shaper, guardians, ubers?

I just don't want to find myself respeccing because we were "trying the new thing".

I don't mean offense, and your guide is great. I really appreciate your hard work.

What do you think?
"
phexifa wrote:
So they are contemplating changing the shadow cluster again: (NOT CHANGED YET)
Spoiler

See here: https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ayjblk/just_going_to_leave_this_here/

I think we can fix our tree like this:

So we gain a damage, area and projectile speed node like this and lose int node. Since we get the dex node under Fangs of the viper we also have to repair the skilltree abit down there this results in losing one str node and gaining a dex node. Let me know what u think.

haven't looked at changes for Life+MoM+EB tree.
Yeah, it should be something like this. Here's a link reflecting the changes for the EB+MoM version. We have to use one more point to get all the things needed in this area, but it gives us some life, energy shield, evasion rating and a small chunk of elemental resistances. It's totally fine, just more work for me to update all the trees. =D

"
Mithow wrote:
Is this also low life viable? Or is the benefit not enough to build around it? If it might be doable, could you post a possible pob?
You can, but you will lose some evasion rating. Feel free to tweak the build in pob to suit your needs.

"
canernm wrote:
Thanks a lot for the guide!
If I start tomorrow the league with this build should I stick to the MoM version? If I do that, how do I transition to the MoM+EB version? Do I just use my refund points? Thank you!
Yes, stick to the mom version and once you get chest with ~1500 evasion, decent hybrid(life+es) helm and shield, you can switch to the eb version. Use your refund points to transition.

"
Gorydin wrote:
Sorry if this has been posted already but are you going to include leveling trees for each of the variations? The current one is aimed at Life+MoM specifically and also doesn't include Whispers of Doom for example.
Working on it. I'm a human being, I need some sleep! =D

"
Stire789 wrote:
Can i follow the same trees for a essence drain contagion build?
ED+Contagion tree should be generally really close to those provided in this guide. If you want to play ED+Contagion, I suggest you to search the forum for ghazzy's ed+contagion guide.

"
saianeel wrote:
I have never played any dot builds in the past and I have decided to use this as league starter can you explain the limits of Life+MoM, Bane+2 Curses version? Can i take shaper and uber elder or do I need to make further changes? Thank you for this build.
You will need to make some tweaks, the items provided in the guide are budget friendly.

"
Kurnis wrote:
Spoiler
I really really want to start with this build tomorrow. I was leaning towards a winters orb build, but this looks so fun.
so. Honest-to-god, no-BS opinion? Will this build (with higher end gear) be able to do high end content like Shaper, guardians, ubers?

I just don't want to find myself respeccing because we were "trying the new thing".
Spoiler

I don't mean offense, and your guide is great. I really appreciate your hard work.

What do you think?

Nobody can tell for sure if this build is going to be able to take down uber elder. We haven't tried the spell yet, but it looks solid on paper. Generally, the damage should be a bit higher than classic ed+contagion build, so I assume that with some major tweaks, you may manage to kill uber elder. Do note that this is a mapping build, not a boss killer. Occultist version will be better for bosskilling. Shaper+guardians can be done on 200-300k dps, this build is going to have more than that. And yes, "we're trying the new thing". I suggest you to choose another build if you don't want to respec and make tweaks in the future.
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 8, 2019, 3:14:49 AM
Any plans to add an SSF version for the gear section? Will probably follow your guide regardless as they seem mostly QoL rather than required.
"
EliVicious wrote:
Any plans to add an SSF version for the gear section? Will probably follow your guide regardless as they seem mostly QoL rather than required.
You don't need any of the listed unique items in order to follow this build, so this guide is 100% SSF friendly. Later today I may add ssf section.
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 8, 2019, 3:32:21 AM
Your guide looks great. Gonno use this as my league starter.
I really appreciate your hard work. Thanks!
Thanks for your hardwork. This build is great and i'll give it a try as a league starter.

Do you think you'll add later this league the tweaks and items needed to clear shaper/uber/guardians ?
I'm way to bad to find it by myself.
Here's my league starter !
Never played a chaos character, but from what I understand the new soulrend gem is better than ED+contagion right ? Anyway the gameplay looks satisfying, throwing those little waves looks fun :D
Last edited by Ulkio on Mar 8, 2019, 7:44:18 AM
Everything is now updated as well as the leveling section. Please let me know if you notice something that is a bit off.
Last edited by Syreith on Mar 8, 2019, 8:32:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info