[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
obliviousBC wrote:
"
hyrenfreak wrote:
looks like u actually lose movement speed from it

You break even with only 15k Evasion. With Flasks you can easily reach the 45k required for +50% MS from QotF.

oh i didnt think about the flasks
IGN: hyrenfreak
Hey guys this is my second ever char on Poe Any chance somebody could look at my items and build and let me know what to change / upgrade / Currently have 3ex and 103 chaos to spend please help want to know whats wrong and what i can improve :)
Last edited by Mjc92 on Apr 4, 2019, 8:57:24 PM
"
Vat0sbart wrote:
Dropping my POB here for the people who have difficulty.

I have a fairly low HP pool (4.8k) but i have amazing defenses and nice damage.

have a look if you want.

also, says my evasion rating is 44.5k but ingame it is 68k. 80% Chance to evade attacks.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/cQMtRnja

You have a closed loop below the shadow start, so you could drop two travelling nodes there and pick up a bit more life in the Purity of Flesh cluster.
how come some of you are crossing 40k evasion? I'm barely touching 14k, can someone take a look at my gear and point me in the right direction, Please?
"
obliviousBC wrote:
"
Vat0sbart wrote:
Dropping my POB here for the people who have difficulty.

I have a fairly low HP pool (4.8k) but i have amazing defenses and nice damage.

have a look if you want.

also, says my evasion rating is 44.5k but ingame it is 68k. 80% Chance to evade attacks.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/cQMtRnja

You have a closed loop below the shadow start, so you could drop two travelling nodes there and pick up a bit more life in the Purity of Flesh cluster.

Ohh shit, didnt even notice! thanks man!
"
Mjc92 wrote:
Hey guys this is my second ever char on Poe Any chance somebody could look at my items and build and let me know what to change / upgrade / Currently have 3ex and 103 chaos to spend please help want to know whats wrong and what i can improve :)

You don't have a Bane setup. I'd probably look into getting a Devouring Diadem so you can swap your auras to the helm and squeeze in Zealotry as well as saving a few points from EB. Then you can put Bane on gloves and drop Essence Drain. The Whispers of Doom is wasted if you're not applying dual curses. Probably drop blasphemy too and have Bane linked to Despair and Temp Chains with Efficacy.

"
Barbatron wrote:
how come some of you are crossing 40k evasion? I'm barely touching 14k, can someone take a look at my gear and point me in the right direction, Please?

It's literally 3 posts above yours. You need to use flasks to hit that evasion amount. Two stibnites is redundant; if you plan on keeping Witchfire Brew then drop the other stibnite for ideally a well rolled Alchemist's Jade Flask of Reflexes. You can roll of Heat on your QS flask.
Thanks any other opnions on what i can upgrade and change =]
I’m loving the damage this build does, but it still feels kinda squishy. I get 1 shot pretty often in red maps. Can someone suggest a way to improve my survivability?
"
Mjc92 wrote:
Thanks any other opnions on what i can upgrade and change =]

Eventually switching to crafted weapons with multimod or a crafted bow. Also save for a Malevolence Watcher's Eye but all those are currently outside your listed budget.

"
esmolli wrote:
I’m loving the damage this build does, but it still feels kinda squishy. I get 1 shot pretty often in red maps. Can someone suggest a way to improve my survivability?

The reason for using Ahn's Heritage is to use two of the Fragility jewels for permanent Onslaught. If you're not using those, you might as well roll a rare shield with life, mana, resists. Your rare ring has really low life and no mana. Since you're taking Acrobatics, you need to focus more on evasion, and your helm, gloves and chest are all ES pieces. You want big evasion there to help mitigate the incoming hits. Life rolls on the helmet and gloves are also low.
I wanted to come say thank you for the build and guide.

I am a total noob at POE and am using this for my first character ever and play on the PS4.

I am moving slowly through the game and am near the end of Act 3 and working on the ascendancy test. Had my first deaths in this labyrinth as those traps can hurt if you aren’t paying attention!

But that’s the thing. This build is easy and solid. I’m using the beginners life +MOM build and it’s not the enemies that are difficult, it’s the traps that got me lol. Anyway, I know I’m moving way slower than all you experienced players and am overleveled (40) but am just now hitting the phase where I can make the build work. Soulrend is doing pretty well already with just a crummy 4 link (SR, Efficacy, Void manipulation + Lesser projectile). And bane 3 link (+1 chaos wand, bane, despair, void manipulation).

My only criticism would be that for a total noob like myself, it took a lot to get to the point where the guide really starts. The first 2 acts were touch and go using other guides and resources trying to figure out what skills to use and how. For more experienced players it’s not an issue because you’re all running through that phase in a couple hours.

Anyway, overall it’s been a fun experience and I’m enjoying melting hordes with bane and looking forward to when I can start linking extra curses and getting SR really rolling (it’s already strong).

Thank you!

Last edited by Haleray on Apr 5, 2019, 12:41:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info