[3.6] Winter Orb CWC Ice Spears. 8.6k hp ,slayer leech, 9.8-10.7 mil dps ,Depth 749, easy Uber Elder

Im working on getting the items for your budget build but im not sure how to check the gems that are inserted on each armor piece on PoB. How would i go about finding out?
"
VzorX wrote:
"
Shinyou wrote:
"
VzorX wrote:
Which skill give Endurance charges for immortal call?

warlord's mark

I need ring for it? In guide rings dont have Warlords mark

Yes or to start out, i'm using herald of thunder coupled with curse on hit warlordsmark in one of my 2 weapons. Work's for me atm, but i guess endgame goal is a warlord's mark on hit ring.
Thanks for sharing this build.

Would the Shroud of the Lightless+helmet be a good option too for build?

And could I use the Pledge of Hands staff until enough materials to craft a proper one?
"
blackdeath101 wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, isn't the only good stat the CWC? The cast speed is just for initial cast of Winter Orb and Flame Dash. So you'd have to Annul 3/4 stats?

Cast speed increases the rate at which you gain stages. That's why quality gives cast speed.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
How are you keeping Clarity + vitality + aspect of the spider + herald of ice all together :|.

I mean AOS + HOI + Vitality = 95% mana reserved ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
zarkas6 wrote:
Thanks for sharing this build.

Would the Shroud of the Lightless+helmet be a good option too for build?

And could I use the Pledge of Hands staff until enough materials to craft a proper one?

Shroud will work fine for early game, but the 6L staff enables Kaom's which will be overall more HP for tankiness and leech rate. Also, it is the same price as Kaom's right now without the links (1.5 ex), so I would take Kaom's over Shroud for right now unless you really wanted to dual wield. If that is out of budget, Tab's or 6L rare is fine until 5/6L good staff.

Lightpoacher sounds fun for clear speed and chain to finish off mobs. I might poke around with that this evening and ditch Arcane Surge.

Pledge will work for just the % spell dmg and mana, but I'm pretty sure Spell Echo won't because of Channeling Skill, so kind of a waste. Dual Divinarius will get you similar spell dmg but lots of crit for all of that multi (I'm at 400+ without staff passives) plus some life/mana on kill. You miss out on the spell multi from passives, but end up with more spell crit and the hp/mp on kill.. the passives can be used elsewhere temporarily and all of the jeweller's and fusings can be saved for the good staff.

"
Cast speed increases the rate at which you gain stages. That's why quality gives cast speed.

Ah, so it only helps the Winter Orb part of our damage, but it has no impact on Ice Spears because of the fixed cast rate. Since Ice Spears is a huge chunk of our damage, I would still avoid cast speed in favor of stats that actually improve both spells damage. But just my 2 cents.

"
Vendetta wrote:
How are you keeping Clarity + vitality + aspect of the spider + herald of ice all together :|.

I mean AOS + HOI + Vitality = 95% mana reserved ?

Pick and choose for the situation between Aspect (up to 15% dmg taken) and Vitality (defensive). Vitality is also nullified when running Vaal Pact/Acuity. Until better geared, auras should be Herald, Vitality, and Clarity (only need a few levels) leaving you with 100-200 mana.
Well there's no reason to avoid cast speed, it doesn't break anything. It's one of the damage boosting stats, it's just not at the top places of the list.

As for the weapon, I'm currently using dual wands. I think the staff is only worth it if you can get one with great mods like the OP. Otherwise just getting one with CWC doesn't help since it means losing all the damage stats from the wands (so 7L without stats is sort of equal to 6L armour with good weapons). It does enable you to take Kaom's of course but I don't really know if I'll go that way. I like having all the automation that comes with multiple sockets.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
@blackdeath101

Thank you very much for taking your time to help folks out in this thread.

This guide was at 1st written for experienced layers like you to quickly introduce basic concepts and loose guidelines to extrapolate from so I am sure everyone appreciates your patience and help in explaining the finer details.

I myself am doing this build as my starter as well (currently at t14 maps)... but on a templar ( inquisitor) to check out the changes to the ascendancy( Scion is still better for end game D:). Staff nodes are pretty strong near the witch/templar area (serpent stance, Enigmatic Defence, Counterweight) and might be more accessible than the crit nodes in the assassin area.

Without the benefits of slayer leech, the extra staff block nodes ( and a staff with block implicit) does help quite a bit when coupled with rumis for 57% block/ 28% spell block. 2-3 knock back on hit jewels makes it even safer to map.

Some of the choices I have made are to complement my templar inquisitor ascendancy; Stacking crit earlier on to try to hit crit cap to benefit from inevitable judgement

As such I am using a Pcoc staff with double dmg. This isn't too expensive to craft and the base is just 2-5c.

Passive leech on gear( % cold dmg leeched as life, warlord mark hit on rings etc) was crucial in 3.5 to build up a leech pool with the ascendant slayer passive but if you are not taking the slayer ascendancy don't worry too much about getting passive leech on gear. I am doing fine with just cwdt + warlord mark.

Eventually with passive leech on gear, extra skill duration might be helpful to keep winter orb up and therefore our leech active when mapping . This might be helpful when kiting around harder content like syndicate and red beasts before we get enough dps to instantly kill them

Without pierce, I struggle sometimes to hit red beasts,syndicate members with my ice spears when there are tons of adds. I am trying to run more syndicate content/buy veiled items etc to unlock the pierce mod(on glove or helm) as soon as possible

Again I am not playing scion this league...these observations/choices I have made are based on my current templar character and inquisitor ascendancy but I hope they provide some insights to playing this build as a starter

http://i62.tinypic.com/2w7lhk5.jpg
Last edited by TheVengefulOne on Mar 11, 2019, 9:56:56 PM
Lightpoacher is turning into a decent starter helm. It isn't an absurd damage boost, but the socket adds damage making it better than the nerfed Bone Helmet (40 down to 20). And stuff that Spirit kills procs Herald which is more AoE damage (and I'm running Ice Bite + Onslaught + Prolif for added damage and freeze which quickly stacks up in packs).

With the way channeling skill works, it only procs the charges at first use, not while channeling. So you may have to weave in Flame Dashes or stutter cast Winter Orb to proc them or they won't get used.

Not sure what optimal supports are, just running FP, GMP, and PtL.

*Edit* - Derp, be careful with reflect physical unless you have Slayer ascend :P

"
Well there's no reason to avoid cast speed, it doesn't break anything. It's one of the damage boosting stats, it's just not at the top places of the list.

Sorry, was just referring to the double cast speed staff posted a few pages back. Cast speed has its uses, but not worth the annuls/exalts to turn into a multi-exalt CWC staff to me.

"
@blackdeath101

Thank you very much for taking your time to help folks out in this thread.

LOL, I'm definitely no pro. Just learning as I go and it makes work go by faster to post on forums :P.. glad to help. (going on vacation after Tuesday, so going to disappear for a week)
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Mar 11, 2019, 10:20:11 PM
Recommend me plz about my gear / gems, what change first

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info