Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Makivante wrote:
"Sulphite Scarabs are 60-70% less effective depending on tier."

I don't understand this :(

Let me explain it in more simple words: Delvers get it in the butt without lube because we can!

very detailed complaint. too detailed imho.

what would you like more? them increasing access and nerfing delve rewards and xp into the ground so it's comparable to the average main game?

or limiting access and keeping the rewards?

or do you really think they remove all choices of content for players by granting free access to a very rewarding single element of the game?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
rafaelgxs wrote:

1 - No. Already escaped that grind and good riddance.
2, 3 - No. But the endgame trials should come in series; the ones you have not completed will appear first, the rest by RNG.
4 - YES. Selling needs automation BADLY, because the bots are already doing it to the detriment of the player base. Or, I guess, I should just get a bot myself.
5, 6 - Meh. There are ways around that limitation.
7 - Pantheon? People use that klunky POS as anything more than a different way of getting skillpoints in the main game?

"
philosoaper wrote:

What's the point in keeping stuff in the core of the game if it's so inaccessible that people won't even bother trying to do it?

Pretty much this.
Once a mechanic goes core, it's pretty much pointless to bother with. Either too rare to be useful or so gimped on returns it's pointless to even look at.

And the no-life basement dwelling farmers will ruin it for everyone with a life, anyway, because GGG has to nerf everything to rein *them* back, rather than nerfing that style of play itself (diminishing returns over time).
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
Azarhiel wrote:
It will always amaze me that people are crying when a league being to powerfull and the same people crying when they nerf some elements of it to make it core.

Like that never happenend with previous leagues like vaal corrupted zones and more...

People will never stop crying...

yes, this thread is basically a copy of the complaints after breach ended.

"
By flattening aberrant rewards, and making the cycle more efficient, we want to make the most fun, varied, and complete experience also the most rewarding and one players are happy to repeat.

The rewards were hardly aberrant and did not deserve such a heavy hand. Just admit it, you want to hamstring players with more busy work to satisfy an arbitrary KPI.

You are going to need to continue iteration on your integration of Betrayal. It isn't enough that the Mastermind fight not affect the relationships between Syndicate members, the ensuing shuffle coupled with the reduced frequency of encounters make the entire mechanic a slap in the player's face.

The sane approach would have been to make the Mastermind fight not affect the Syndicate board at all.
💠 ALL MASTERS CRAFTING [DSC] 💠 | IGN: DeepThunder
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201614

💠 Main Vouch Thread 💠
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2091840
Last edited by Asone on Feb 22, 2019, 9:47:33 AM
"
philosoaper wrote:

What's the point in keeping stuff in the core of the game if it's so inaccessible that people won't even bother trying to do it?

for the stuff to be a choice it needs to be balanced against other stuff you can play.

as soon as one stuff is off the limits access/reward wise, it removes the choice to do other content.

games are a series of choices enforced on the player. removing choices is removing the game. easy peasy.
Last edited by vio on Feb 22, 2019, 9:47:41 AM
Making unskippable syndicate in core game just bad idea :/
Sorry to say that but now I really thing that ProjectPT was right. It took me almost two years to realize.

Last edited by zZzbynek on Feb 22, 2019, 10:00:30 AM
"
JOHN_RA wrote:

You know, bots can do that, based on even simple scripts. You might somehow triggered em.

Erm, my bad GGG, actually I am comment in the news' post with similar name, not here LUL

But still, no Betrayal in core, I am very happy at first that Syndicate has 5 Leaders ... occasionally it became 1~2 Leaders

I am not a full-time player so I dont matter about Endgame Grind, I am not Delving (except only for 300D), Syndicating (only for Research stash), Bestiarying (only for 1 boss), Crafting (only for 3-4L recipe) but Incursion as I think this is the most normal stuff in PoE
I'm ok with the damage from betrayal encounters, yes i suffered a lot playing as arc caster and i died idk more than 20 times and i didn't want to map anymore lol. Then i tried to learn how to manipulate syndicate and farm some exalts and chaos in harbour bridge.

I spent 50-60ex on my char, and i can delete syndicate even in r3. So, if you are dying is cuz you need to improve your build. It can be rude, but its truth.

The wrong thing is this: let the players choose what content they want to play.
I like to delve, i like to farm syndicate in harbour bridge, i liked to farm HH in burials t3, and i dont like to do end game content. Let us pick what path we want to play.

Betrayal is great and I want it in core but all members should be in caves(also intervention,fortification,transportation) like research to not affect a leveling if someone want skip them...

Previously - I mean now in this league propability of dying from syndicate members was compensate by pure breachstones - i mean player can play whatever he want and dying how many times he want - but after farming few-or dozen of pure breachstones he can level up whole level by playing few rotations with other players...and again playing whatever he want and dying...until have another pack of breachstone for getting next level...But now after pure breachstones nerf NOTHING will compensate possibility of dying from syndicate members...Stones will be only 100% more exp and 1 level lower what make them like a single t15 map...

Scarabs should stay as they are now...

I still have a hope that my 150 pure breachstones in stash will open with old experience values after betrayal going to core...In other case I will explode here with real hate/angryness on forum (because i farm them more than month for upcoming league last levels character leveling) and if not this will be like GGG erase 2/3 of them from my stash and waste my hundreds of hours I spend of making them...
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info