Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
As well as the Immortal Syndicate, Betrayal introduced Veiled Items and an updated, streamlined crafting experience. We have seen a need to make several adjustments for Veiled mods when they are added to the core game.

We have reduced number of ranks on many Veiled crafting modifiers, and most modifiers require more unveiling to gain higher tiers. Some high-value modifiers, like Additional Totems and Non-Chaos Added as Chaos are becoming Elder or Shaper mods. (Edit: Clarification - the removed ranks of veiled mods are the initial lower powered ranks, to account for the later introduction of Jun.)

Ok I would understand adding more unveiling Exp for some modifiers when you have Syndicate in every map, but 40% chance and 1 deily... and finally when you get it I die like a pig, because they are too strong...

and
"
Scarab changes are booo
Last edited by Vladimori on Feb 22, 2019, 11:46:56 AM
So if the development keeps going the way it is now, will we have to deal with "Questiophrenia, the fear of too many masters" at some point? I don't mind encountering one of them in almost every area if that were to ever be the case, it's just that one of my friends said he was getting worried that if the game gets too many passed-leagues as a core mechanic, each one coming with its individual master, the forsaken masters achievement might just become impossible to get, unless it's something like "Have 5 masters reach their maximum level" in which case it wouldn't matter at all...

Also.. when Jun gets added what's gonna be her title? Master Backstabber?
bottomtext
Sigh, any chance to remove 1 sulphite node nikos? since the appearance will be somewhat deluded and sulphite scarabs will be nerfed too, 1 node niko will feel even worse than it did before.
Goodbye! It was nice, for a while...
Eeeek!
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
I guess it'll just be another 'core' mechanic I effectively ignore. Oh well.

It seems that even if you try to ignore them, it will try to not ignore you... ;)

Aisling on Intervention needs her love and she ain't letting you go that easily.

God damn, just saying that makes me angry.
REMOVE IMMUNITY FROM THE GAME. There is nothing wrong with the fucking sulphite u get from scarabs. Nerf the rewards u get from lower level delves if that's your concern. AND REMOVE GLUTTONY COMPLETELY FROM THE GAME. PUT A CAP ON HOW MUCH ELEMENTAL DAMAGE THAT CAN BE MITIGATED

Why have u decided that getting 100 should be easier in breachstones than in maps going forward? Nerf the xp from breachstones so its less than maps.

DON'T HAVE QUARRY FARMING LEAGUE CONTENT AGAIN NEXT LEAGUE.
Last edited by Daglash on Feb 22, 2019, 12:29:12 PM
Signal boosting that Syndicate damage is way, way too high. Damage among Syndicate members needs to be normalized and reduced by at least 30%. Alternatively you could make it so the Syndicate is not affected by map mods.

In addition, there needs to be a way for people to dodge Intervention encounters completely. That could mean that a) They never teleport towards you again after they appear AND b) the green portal appears for 5 seconds or so before they jump out.

You're going to lose a huge portion of your playerbase if you don't nerf Syndicate in some way (excepting if Synthesis content is Delve-level good and people can just skip mapping altogether.)
Aww, man. RIP my dreams of being able to chill out in the delve mines without having to run obscene amounts of maps.

Would be nice to be able to more freely select the end-game content i want to play.
Thank you!
"
Nosferat wrote:
"
philosoaper wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
No matter what they do, some people will always complain. The game is always dead, everyone will skip the league, everyone at GGG is a moron....so,what else is new?

Sulphite rotas will still exist, those who want to go deep delving will be able to do so, don't tell me that the scarab nerf somehow completely broke delving and it will make it impossible for you to go delve, because no one believes that.

delve dead no, just limited to the rich people or those who have a team/guild and no life outside of PoE.. pretty much like it was last league, now just even more.

but things like the crafting system is just a fundamental disaster.. it's not some "minor" mechanic......

no matter how bloody annoying doing the old masters were, the random "oh after 10 encounters here are two veiled items who each contain mods you already had"... is just worse.. It's the main reason I detested Betrayal league and now it's going to get worse.. and since GGG is working SO HARD to make everyone bloody craft.. ye.. no.. fuck that.

Look, no one said it's perfect, and yeah, the veiled part could have been improved before going core.

On the other hand, the scarabs aren't such a big deal. You don't need to be in a clan, or constantly play poe. I for instance just joined 820, saw some announcements for scarab rotas, entered one, got myself 30K sulphite in about 20-25 minutes, went delving afterwards for about 3 hours.

I mean there are rotas for pretty much everything, so yeah, if you play completely solo, it will suck more, if you play normally, you won't really notice, as you join a rota, you get your sulphite,go delve.

Even with the current issues, I still go for having betrayal stuff in the game, instead of not having any of them at all. Gives you more stuff to do in the game. I mean one can just ignore them if one does not want them. It's not like you won't be able to finish the map or the game if you don't do the fortification encounters.

this planet has multiple timezones and there are ENORMOUS variations in how much activity is at different times of the day.. so yea, that might work for you but has NEVER worked for me.. there is a limit to how many hours I wanna sit in a channel and wait for a rota and then try to get into one.. if that is what I wanted to play I would not have played PoE...
generally dangerous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info