Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
philosoaper wrote:
"
Nosferat wrote:
No matter what they do, some people will always complain. The game is always dead, everyone will skip the league, everyone at GGG is a moron....so,what else is new?

Sulphite rotas will still exist, those who want to go deep delving will be able to do so, don't tell me that the scarab nerf somehow completely broke delving and it will make it impossible for you to go delve, because no one believes that.

delve dead no, just limited to the rich people or those who have a team/guild and no life outside of PoE.. pretty much like it was last league, now just even more.

but things like the crafting system is just a fundamental disaster.. it's not some "minor" mechanic......

no matter how bloody annoying doing the old masters were, the random "oh after 10 encounters here are two veiled items who each contain mods you already had"... is just worse.. It's the main reason I detested Betrayal league and now it's going to get worse.. and since GGG is working SO HARD to make everyone bloody craft.. ye.. no.. fuck that.

Look, no one said it's perfect, and yeah, the veiled part could have been improved before going core.

On the other hand, the scarabs aren't such a big deal. You don't need to be in a clan, or constantly play poe. I for instance just joined 820, saw some announcements for scarab rotas, entered one, got myself 30K sulphite in about 20-25 minutes, went delving afterwards for about 3 hours.

I mean there are rotas for pretty much everything, so yeah, if you play completely solo, it will suck more, if you play normally, you won't really notice, as you join a rota, you get your sulphite,go delve.

Even with the current issues, I still go for having betrayal stuff in the game, instead of not having any of them at all. Gives you more stuff to do in the game. I mean one can just ignore them if one does not want them. It's not like you won't be able to finish the map or the game if you don't do the fortification encounters.
Last edited by Nosferat on Feb 22, 2019, 8:42:57 AM
Given the fact that Delve to me was by far the most enjoyable league so far and also the one I played for the longest, the nerf to sulphite scarabs really grinds my gears. Synthesis better be good.
Nice, more unveiling to rank up. It was so much fun already and now it will require even more fun.
Super phun tyme, thanks

Also I love to interact with mobs. Thanks for keeping the syndicate and forcing us to have interesting conversations during mapping
Why such a big nerf to Sulphite ? Don't you get ppl enjoy delving ?
And low-level delving will become even more of an issue, with proper delving being further hampered.

I'd say maybe nerf the scarabs by 33% ? But make it so there are always 3 sulphite nodes on a map. Get rid of the 1-3 bullshit.
Alvas are 3 per map, syndicates are going to be 3 per map... just make Niko 3 per map as well...
"
Sith90Lord wrote:
Why such a big nerf to Sulphite ? Don't you get ppl enjoy delving ?
And low-level delving will become even more of an issue, with proper delving being further hampered.

I'd say maybe nerf the scarabs by 33% ? But make it so there are always 3 sulphite nodes on a map. Get rid of the 1-3 bullshit.
Alvas are 3 per map, syndicates are going to be 3 per map... just make Niko 3 per map as well...

Even 3-5 nodes will not save the situation at this point with Delve.
Its too deep in the ass already.

They definitely not reading feedback.
Last edited by DarkJen on Feb 22, 2019, 9:04:46 AM
with all whining:
I like what you're doing, GGG. Keep going!
"Sulphite Scarabs are 60-70% less effective depending on tier."

I don't understand this :(
Who remove my posts in this topic?

And then remove my next post about removing previously posts?

That was "ugly" move and will be remembered by me.I will not forget...Don't want to write anything here again - it's a lost of time...GGG don't lisen fans - dot.

Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
Last edited by PromaG on Feb 22, 2019, 9:06:34 AM
i liked betrayal, the mechanics were complex enough to challenge alot of players to setup the safehouses for their individual advantage. rewards were great and i'm happy it's going core.

but it seems you somehow got rid of all players who are able to think and like clever mechanics in favour of mindless easy grinding.

delve has been too rewarding. up to a point where you spoiled players so much they shitstorm every restriction you put on it. it makes reading the forums a nuisance.

as a player who favours melee chars i really hope you have some still unannounced changes coming.

you did a bad job with breachstones and killed even the slightest respect i had for players with level 100 chars in standard. i hope it's been worth it. additionally, by forcing players into groups to do breachstones you forced them into trusting each other. a huge source of
anger and dissatisfaction if some player is called away from the group by his mommy

the new way to gather recipes is quite good in a way that it keeps players playing cause it takes a while to upgrade them. what isn't optimal is the fact that the only way to get crafts done by other players is, again, by trusting them with your items. source of hassle, really.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 22, 2019, 9:38:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info