Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

"
luckyshin wrote:
Why don't you want Delve to be accessible?

No fun allowed.
We have reduced number of ranks on many Veiled crafting modifiers, and most modifiers require more unveiling to gain higher tiers. Some high-value modifiers, like Additional Totems and Non-Chaos Added as Chaos are becoming Elder or Shaper mods. (Edit: Clarification - the removed ranks of veiled mods are the initial lower powered ranks, to account for the later introduction of Jun.)

R.I.P.
- No one will run the mastermind if the rewards remain the same
- "shuffling" the members is almost as bad as resetting it. You missed the point here. They layout is the hard part, getting the guys in places where you want them to be.
- the nerfs of scarabs was really unnecessary.... at least for solo mode
- Intervention encounters need one major change: you need to be able to run away from it. As long as those assholes keep following you across the whole map and simply pop up next to you, that encounter remains broken
- if that "one shot" orgy remains in intervention, you ruin the game for many

I understand that the rewards require nerf but i think that the encounters are way too hard. Syndicate members on a tier 11 map do as much damage as a Shaper's guardian. So yeah, they are a "bit" overtuned.
"
Qarl wrote:
Overall the goal is to make the cycle of Syndicate encounters, Safehouses and Mastermind appealing to players

Then just get rid of it.
Bachelor, UNC fan, terrible guitar player, doggy daddy.
u still can delve, just do more maps ... ^,^
I was going to type something but really, just not playing anymore will say more than just posting on the forums.

I'll check back in 4.0.

Good luck and have fun everyone.

Thoughts of a player who started late in delve and did everything there was to do in Betrayal for the first time (40/40, reached level 100, solo mastermind/ubers, capped all delve unlocks for no reason, full atlas, 100% crafting recipe unlock):

1. I think GGG will have to reevaluate their stance on level 100 being made ridiculous to achieve. Any whale gamer who joins the game now will see that people who played in Betrayal had it easy and they will turn 360 degrees and walk away to a different ARPG. I say this as someone who breachstoned to 100 for the first and I guess only time ever. This can be rejiggered in 4.0 I suppose but it's going to make new players hesitant to jump in. Maybe this is different in the Asian grind meta.

2. I dabbled in hardcore trying to get some achievements and the Betrayal fights are still ridiculously overtuned. A 1/12.5 chance of bricking your map in hardcore because Intervention is now 100% unavoidable is horrific. For softcore players trying to level up (which they can't do with breachstones anymore) that's a separate kick in the nuts. Hate to be that guy but you need to nerf them to red beast level or you're going to have a mass exodus from the next league really fast.

3. Delve scarab nerf is fine but if you're going to do that please eradicate low depth fossil farming and increase mid level delving rewards slightly. Do not increase deep delving rewards. Pidgeonholing people into a very small number of builds (that often require insane gear) creates a rift in the playerbase. Delve is a victim of its own success in that people don't want to do anything BUT delve and get mad when they can't. I think that's fine honestly.

4. Syndicate rewards should be fine in Synthesis so long as you buff the rewards of the crap members (like the one who can never drop an item that will make it past the normal Neversink loot filter even at 3 stars!) Target farming should be gone with the breachstone/scarab nerfs and increased rarity of encounters but if you really want to farm them specifically for Vorici white sockets or something it's still an option. I like it. Just make sure the Synthesis league content is amazing!
Oh, so Betrayal is moving from Public beta to full release now? About time with some of those changes! Why do you make us play a FULL league before changing the most obvious things! Get your heads out of the gutter!
Betrayl encounters are not rewarding. You only get absolute trash items for unveling. Red Tier Maps T13-16 are mostly unplayable with those overpowerd Syndicate Bosses.
You only have to take a look at Twitch. Bridge runners only or deactivated Syndicate in Maps higher than T10. You even need a manual for this league. How to organize your Syndicate. Otherwise you will end up with the worst rewards in poe history. Mods and Scarabs can stay, but Syndicate Bosses can go. Realy no fun at all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info