[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
ArisFuser wrote:
"
getting all that accuracy is not gonna be easy with so many slots taken by uniques.

They are adding a new Accuracy Aura gem in this league, may be worth checking it...

I tried for a while to make it work, there is definitly no easy way to make this work right now.

The Aura we are getting is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Precision_(Skill)
which at level 22 gives 1100 Accuracy and 85% Crit.

Now those values will most likely be lower since we will not get a level 22 version.
It will be an amazing choice for the mid tier of this build when you can't afford a Lycosidae yet or lack crit to get started but for end-game no matter what i tried you can't get that much Accuracy to really make it worth without Sacrificing a lot of Damage in the process.

We have 2 good choices in the Tree right now for some extra Accuracy:

NOTE: This one will also give attack speed

With that i am currently sitting at ~1450 Accuracy on my version of this build, with the aura we might hit ~2300 so that would put us to around 88% hit chance.

In my dps calculation having another cospris would equal out to about 250k Shaper DPS (which may not be accurate at all, i just roughly estimated).
If anyone has a better number on that let me know.

So all in all we have to free up to 7 skill points, drop Blasphemy, find gear that has life, res and accuracy for the few slots we have (at least 500-600 points) and must have the belt with 14% cooldown since the accuracy nodes come with attack speed.
Last edited by SerenadeRaika on Jun 5, 2019, 3:26:44 PM
How will the increased Cyclone AOE affect the build? Wouldn't it be a problem if Cyclone AOE is bigger than Ice Nova radius? Also, the physical attack boost from new cyclone seems pretty big but will be useless for this build right?

Leveling with CwC should also be a good option until we have enough crit.
"
Myst3ryMan99 wrote:
can you league start with this build?

Yes you can, there is a leveling section that is pretty good at explaining how to get there. I started with this in Synthesis and in the Flashback event.
It starts off strong, slows down a bit in the 50s and picks up again late 70s/80s when you get some of the required uniques.
Getting the Labs done as early as you can is really important for this.

Here is my current PoB for 3.7 if you want an updated version, includes Leveling Trees:
https://pastebin.com/WCS9DdCK
(Gear is from Synthesis Flashback but will be roughly the same for early game)

"
Buda wrote:
How will the increased Cyclone AOE affect the build? Wouldn't it be a problem if Cyclone AOE is bigger than Ice Nova radius?

20/20 Nova with a regular tree for this build had an AoE Radius of 40 where Cyclone had 21.
With the new changes the radius of the two will be much closer together. You won't have to get quite as close to enemies anymore than you had to before.

"
Buda wrote:
Also, the physical attack boost from new cyclone seems pretty big but will be useless for this build right?

Yes the damage changes from cyclone are irrelevant for this build.

"
Buda wrote:
Leveling with CwC should also be a good option until we have enough crit.

An option yes but it's not gonna feel super great, CWC is much slower than CoC, you only get 2.5 nova's per second instead of the juicy 7.5
Last edited by SerenadeRaika on Jun 5, 2019, 5:36:50 PM
"
SerenadeRaika wrote:
"
ArisFuser wrote:
"
getting all that accuracy is not gonna be easy with so many slots taken by uniques.

They are adding a new Accuracy Aura gem in this league, may be worth checking it...

I tried for a while to make it work, there is definitly no easy way to make this work right now.

The Aura we are getting is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Precision_(Skill)
which at level 22 gives 1100 Accuracy and 85% Crit.

Now those values will most likely be lower since we will not get a level 22 version.
It will be an amazing choice for the mid tier of this build when you can't afford a Lycosidae yet or lack crit to get started but for end-game no matter what i tried you can't get that much Accuracy to really make it worth without Sacrificing a lot of Damage in the process.

We have 2 good choices in the Tree right now for some extra Accuracy:

NOTE: This one will also give attack speed

With that i am currently sitting at ~1450 Accuracy on my version of this build, with the aura we might hit ~2300 so that would put us to around 88% hit chance.

In my dps calculation having another cospris would equal out to about 250k Shaper DPS (which may not be accurate at all, i just roughly estimated).
If anyone has a better number on that let me know.

So all in all we have to free up to 7 skill points, drop Blasphemy, find gear that has life, res and accuracy for the few slots we have (at least 500-600 points) and must have the belt with 14% cooldown since the accuracy nodes come with attack speed.

There is also Tempered mind which gives 1500 accuracy above witch start next to the power charge node. It's on the regular path so all we lose is a jewel slot. Dunno if it's worth it though.

"
kaluo wrote:
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhKdvKHcmCU

Faster and faster...

Love this build, thanks op for the great guide.

Have now tried it out with a queen of the forest setup for some even faster mapping. Got a nice vid, and some pob for changes i made.

Amazing!!

I loved your construction. Do you think that after the patch notes, build is viable?

after patch notes, it seems the only change is how the speed on cyclone works. Will be interesting to see how it effects hitting those higher breakpoints.
The nerfs to Cyclone(basically increased area), are going to make this build a clearspeed dream imho.

Anyone noticed how close Wicked Ward is now? OccuAssassin maybe?

Ed:
What about something like this instead of Lycosidae ?

Last edited by ArisFuser on Jun 6, 2019, 2:28:57 AM
What is the conclusion about the attack speed breakpoints after the cyclone change? Are we still aiming for 3 or 3.75 attacks per second on cyclone?
Since the new cyclone is taking 300% of the base attack speed, I would think with Cospri's and Starkonja's alone your getting close to the 3.7 to 3.75 APS. I'm going to wait for the new tree and plug it in POB.
"
crushedguava wrote:
What is the conclusion about the attack speed breakpoints after the cyclone change? Are we still aiming for 3 or 3.75 attacks per second on cyclone?

"
dufusstrikes wrote:
Since the new cyclone is taking 300% of the base attack speed, I would think with Cospri's and Starkonja's alone your getting close to the 3.7 to 3.75 APS. I'm going to wait for the new tree and plug it in POB.

They said that the new % of base equals out to exactly the same as the former "More Attack Speed" values. Discord also seemed to agree with that notion.
Like i mentioned earlier in this thread Cyclone will no longer hit twice by default but instead be based on the weapon.
Ill re-quote my original assessment (which seems to hold up from all we know so far)

"
SerenadeRaika wrote:

Old:
- 1.73 AS Base (8% Cospri's
- 1.15% AS from Retribution + Starkonja
- 50% More Attack Speed
----
2.99 Attacks/s (x2) --> 5.98 Attacks/s

New:
- 1.73 AS Base (8% Cospri's)
- 1.15% AS from Retribution + Starkonja
- x3 from Cyclone (300% Base)
----
5.9685 Attacks/s

On another note we now have another nice little cluster available for this build:

The damage is not really relevant but we get 5% Speed, -3 Mana cost and 40% Stun avoidance from this, so if anyone has mana issues or gets stunned a lot or wants to get closer to speed numbers this is not bad to pick up for 3 points.
Last edited by SerenadeRaika on Jun 6, 2019, 9:36:04 AM
i get that cyclone dont naturally hit twice now cause of the changes, but for what attacks per second number are we going now?
i am still a bit confused

is it still the 3 APS or slower like in the guide or something different?
thanks in advance :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info