[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
bamonator wrote:
i get that cyclone dont naturally hit twice now cause of the changes, but for what attacks per second number are we going now?
i am still a bit confused

is it still the 3 APS or slower like in the guide or something different?
thanks in advance :)

The number you need to aim for is still 6.06 APS or 7.57 APS with 14% CDR.
Those are CoC's numbers as written in the spoiler section, and those have not changed at all.

I can't say for sure how exactly PoB is gonna display the attack rate for the new cyclone, my guess is that it will most likely show 6 APS instead of 3 APS for this build but functionally be identical.
I have 2 questions :

1. Why do every single CoC build I look into pick the node Fangs of the Viper? It doesn't offer anything besides +5% movement speed, I don't find it worth it.

2. What about Loreweave, since max resistance got nerfed down to 78%, are we still going for that chest ?
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.
"
I have 2 questions :

1. Why do every single CoC build I look into pick the node Fangs of the Viper? It doesn't offer anything besides +5% movement speed, I don't find it worth it.

2. What about Loreweave, since max resistance got nerfed down to 78%, are we still going for that chest ?

78% max res is still crazy
"

1. Dexterity + Movement Speed, in early to mid endgame you will need at least one rare item with 30+ dexterity on it to get cospri's in. Not taking this node makes that 50 and very expensive.

Late game you could certainly drop it if you have enough dex and don't need the 5% movement speed. You won't get a lot cause your already there in the tree for the Life + All Res around Resourcefulness.
Not sure where the point would be better spent except for filler while leveling.
If you can get to a jewel or Notable node by taking it out sure go for it, otherwise i'd say keep it for the movement speed.

2. It's still the best overall choice for this build i think.
Inpulsa and Carcass Jack are decent alternatives if your going for raw damage.
I used Belly as a cheap early league alternative before and you can also make QotF work.
Is the POB link in the OP still relevant? Do we need to make changes?
"
I used Belly as a cheap early league alternative before and you can also make QotF work.

What about Farrul´s Fur for endgame? 3% less Crit Chance but 2500+Evasion and 120+ Life+Aspect of the Cat.

By the way, that so many unique body armors can be used speaks very well of the versatility of this build.

Last edited by ArisFuser on Jun 6, 2019, 1:58:40 PM
"
ArisFuser wrote:
"

What about Farrul´s Fur for endgame? 3% less Crit Chance but 2500+Evasion and 120+ Life+Aspect of the Cat.

By the way, that so many unique body armors can be used speaks very well of the versatility of this build.

Maybe, you don't get much from the body armor itself so youd have to take the helmet with it, so you loose starkonjas as well.
I've never had one so far of these and have not tried to get one so if anyone has any experience with this let me know.
The only potential issue i can see is the alternating nature of the buff, our attack speed would fluctuate by 10% every couple of seconds so that would have to be taken into account when watching the APS
any notable changes for 3.7 for the tree? Obviously cyclone has been reworked. Thank you!
SerenadeRaika wrote:

Old:
- 1.73 AS Base (8% Cospri's
- 1.15% AS from Retribution + Starkonja
- 50% More Attack Speed
----
2.99 Attacks/s (x2) --> 5.98 Attacks/s

New:
- 1.73 AS Base (8% Cospri's)
- 1.15% AS from Retribution + Starkonja
- x3 from Cyclone (300% Base)
----
5.9685 Attacks/s

So if new formula is correct, I would use this as a benchmark of items or passives needed:

1.81 13% Cospri's
1.38 (Stark 10%, 2 Jewels 11%, Coordination passive 12%, Retribution passive 5%)
----
2.5 * 300% = 7.5 APS which is equivalent to the old 3.75*2

BTW, should we be concerned about possibly losing our stun immunity? The old version of cyclone gave us that.
Last edited by dufusstrikes on Jun 6, 2019, 3:02:12 PM
It would be so great to have a 3.7 Update, since APS calculations, and build mechanics overall are not precisely easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info