[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

I have a question for those running DISC + DISC gain on hit.

Do you die while doing guardians/maps/boss?

I did everything up to shapers using zealotry and I died maybe twice. Before I spend ~4-5ex on the watcher's eye, I wanted to know how much more suvivability you gain?

Thanks!
I'm having some issues regarding Attack Speed and Dexterity.. (I am lvl 82)

I have 1.99 AS without onslaught, not ~3. Also, I had to take two 30 dex nodes which are now taking up 3 points total just to wear cospri's malice.

This is my build. Don't have much, all my currency is in another char.

I don't understand how I'm still low on dex even with decent roll Starkonja's and 46 dex gloves...
Last edited by Maucn_ on Apr 3, 2019, 3:29:19 PM
"
Maucn_ wrote:

I have 1.99 AS without onslaught, not ~3. Also, I had to take two 30 dex nodes which are now taking up 3 points total just to wear cospri's malice.

I don't understand how I'm still low on dex even with decent roll Starkonja's and 46 dex gloves...

Few things:

1) Most of the builds use Pandemonius which is 30 dex, your neck has no dex so that is one place you are short changed and having to make up for it on your gloves.
2) You are not using Coordination (10 dex) and did not go down to get Blood Drinker, missing 20 dex on the way. That right there is another 30 dex. Even with that, you end up being short changed just barely, which I made up for on a gem, but there are other solutions for it. In the end you wont need the +30 dex nodes.
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-IFjX7arA&feature=youtu.be
Minataur example run

Love this guide, second season playing it.

This time i wanted fast, so this is a MUUUCH faster mapper that can still stand toe to toe with the big bosses.

This is based on level 95 build

https://pastebin.com/X0ALC6Q1 my pob link.

I do give up 3 jewel sockets for attack speed, and would need a 4th if it were not being lucky with a onslaught boots craft.

That being said, the boots boost the speed a nice chunk. So your results may vary.

You have 7.48 attack speed. Almost twice the suggested 3.75 in the OP. I am not sure if this tremendous effort is not mostly wasted, since CoC cooldown makes you crit basically evey second attack, if I understood what the OP stated correctly.

Of course you still benefit from this extra attack speed with respect to movement speed, leap slamming etc., but not in terms of DPS.
Last edited by DarkAvenger2279 on Apr 3, 2019, 4:01:55 PM
"
"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-IFjX7arA&feature=youtu.be
Minataur example run

Love this guide, second season playing it.

This time i wanted fast, so this is a MUUUCH faster mapper that can still stand toe to toe with the big bosses.

This is based on level 95 build

https://pastebin.com/X0ALC6Q1 my pob link.

I do give up 3 jewel sockets for attack speed, and would need a 4th if it were not being lucky with a onslaught boots craft.

That being said, the boots boost the speed a nice chunk. So your results may vary.

You have 7.48 attack speed. Almost twice the suggested 3.75 in the OP. I am not sure if this tremendous effort is not mostly wasted, since CoC cooldown makes you crit basically evey second attack, if I understood what the OP stated correctly.

Of course you still benefit from this extra attack speed with respect to movement speed, leap slamming etc., but not in terms of DPS.

As I understand, it can actually result in a dps loss, because you will not be attacking exactly as the cooldown for CoC comes up, meaning your attacks do not cleanly line up with the earlier moment you can proc your spell casts.

I would closely emulate what the OP has for their build, and be very careful about attack speed increases, and check your build in PoB as it will tell you your attack speed on cyclone (i believe by default you can take your atatcks per second and double it to determine your cyclone attacks otherwise).
"
faytte wrote:
"
Maucn_ wrote:

Few things:

1) Most of the builds use Pandemonius which is 30 dex, your neck has no dex so that is one place you are short changed and having to make up for it on your gloves.

2) You are not using Coordination (10 dex) and did not go down to get Blood Drinker, missing 20 dex on the way. That right there is another 30 dex. Even with that, you end up being short changed just barely, which I made up for on a gem, but there are other solutions for it. In the end you wont need the +30 dex nodes.

Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't take coordinate and blood drinker because they aren't on the PoB and the links to the passive tree on pathofexile.com are outdated so I disregarded them. Pandemonius is too expensive right now.

I now took coordination, pathed to blood drinker and got rid of the 30dex nodes.
Last edited by Maucn_ on Apr 3, 2019, 4:45:33 PM
Awesome.

In game, go to your offense menu and make sure you click on Cyclone. You should see your attacks right there.

Unfortunately your 12% cooldown belt is doing you no good. You need 14% to reach the break point. Your Cospri's is 8% so you are good there. Without looking further into your jewels and passive tree, you should have a 3.0 (or lower) attacks per second on your character sheet. This is ideal for your cooldown recovery and you don't want to go over 3.0 because that will make your attacks irregular with your cooldown time. If you are over 3.0 cause of Coordination, you might need to drop it and pick up the dex node for a while. I know i had the +30 dex node until I got a higher CCD belt and made the switch to a 14% Cospris.

Another way to get +20 dex is vrom Fans of the Viper, which is not a high priority pick, but if you are are already getting Resourcefulness then its an easy 1 point pickup for 5% MS and 20 Dex. Definitely not a priority pick.
"
faytte wrote:
Awesome.

In game, go to your offense menu and make sure you click on Cyclone. You should see your attacks right there.

Unfortunately your 12% cooldown belt is doing you no good. You need 14% to reach the break point. Your Cospri's is 8% so you are good there. Without looking further into your jewels and passive tree, you should have a 3.0 (or lower) attacks per second on your character sheet. This is ideal for your cooldown recovery and you don't want to go over 3.0 because that will make your attacks irregular with your cooldown time. If you are over 3.0 cause of Coordination, you might need to drop it and pick up the dex node for a while. I know i had the +30 dex node until I got a higher CCD belt and made the switch to a 14% Cospris.

Another way to get +20 dex is vrom Fans of the Viper, which is not a high priority pick, but if you are are already getting Resourcefulness then its an easy 1 point pickup for 5% MS and 20 Dex. Definitely not a priority pick.

Thank you for your patience, this is my second league and I'm still getting the hang of it. Last league I was just figuring things out with a WI build so I didn't really have to pay attention to cast speed or anything. I still have a little trouble generating currency (especially Exalteds) semi-consistently

I have 2.99AS without coordination, I took fans of the viper, was 4 dex short, so I blessed my amulet so the implicit has 4 more dex. I'll see about switching the belt and cospri's to 14% later.

The build is also a bit hard to follow with little experience in the later levels since it's not fully updated for 3.6 sadly
Last edited by Maucn_ on Apr 3, 2019, 5:23:55 PM
"
Maucn_ wrote:

The build is also a bit hard to follow with little experience in the later levels since it's not fully updated for 3.6 sadly

You are not wrong. What I did was look at people in the threads character and how they built it out, then figured out which one I most liked and followed that.
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:
If you are using my setup, I would put flame dash in the ring. Then put efficacy in flame dash's old place. Increases the duration of phase run and arcane surge even more.

Not big into golems, personally. I find recasting them annoying. If you like it though, more power to you.

Hey! Could you check out my character (_Ressivstwister)?
Or if anyone else could check it would be awesome!

I play it self found and I was wondering if you would change something in my gem-setup with the gear I'm using.
I see a bunch of different gem setups in your character, aura/spells are different. Also flame dash instead of leap slam/shield charge and having arcane surge there.

Thanks in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info