[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
FilthyMonkey wrote:
"
Kurnis wrote:
How useful is Gifts from Above? The cooldown on consecrated ground is 5 seconds...not helping in mapping at all. Do you feel like bosses like shaper are immobile enough to make it useful, vs mark of the shaper?

Use mark of the shaper. I just haven't gotten around to upgrading my rings. Mark of the shaper usually only gets cheaper, so it hasn't been a priority. I got the white socket bench in a safehouse, so I stuck the pariah in and have been using it to map. 15% quant is nice, and it isn't like I am having any trouble murderfucking high tier maps.

I easily gibbed shaper, even using my two stupid rings. I figured the rarity on gifts wouldn't hurt, but I would probably be better off just using a second pariah for mapping. I know the attack speed on pariah fucks with CoC breakpoints if you are also using an onslaught flask, but once you get to a certain point of power it doesn't make a difference. You are killing everything in a split second anyway.

If I were doing uber elder, I would want real rings on.

If you want to improve mana efficiency, think about giving your elder ring the minus to mana cost of skills craft. It isn't necessary, but that plus 100% uptime arcane surge should make mana sustain super easy.

My chest came from buying the base at 35c and doing a single fossil craft with pristine and prismatic. With the life percent craft it probably cost me about 50c total. EV chests are really cheap this league, compared to what people are paying for vaal regalia.

I converted my occultist to this build. Am I just kinda wasting my time? Should I just reroll to shadow? Shadow has a lot of QoL things like speed, crit against full life and easier power charge generation. I can level super fast. I just want to know that occultist isn't going to feel strictly inferior to shadow.
"
Kurnis wrote:
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:
"
Kurnis wrote:
How useful is Gifts from Above? The cooldown on consecrated ground is 5 seconds...not helping in mapping at all. Do you feel like bosses like shaper are immobile enough to make it useful, vs mark of the shaper?

Use mark of the shaper. I just haven't gotten around to upgrading my rings. Mark of the shaper usually only gets cheaper, so it hasn't been a priority. I got the white socket bench in a safehouse, so I stuck the pariah in and have been using it to map. 15% quant is nice, and it isn't like I am having any trouble murderfucking high tier maps.

I easily gibbed shaper, even using my two stupid rings. I figured the rarity on gifts wouldn't hurt, but I would probably be better off just using a second pariah for mapping. I know the attack speed on pariah fucks with CoC breakpoints if you are also using an onslaught flask, but once you get to a certain point of power it doesn't make a difference. You are killing everything in a split second anyway.

If I were doing uber elder, I would want real rings on.

If you want to improve mana efficiency, think about giving your elder ring the minus to mana cost of skills craft. It isn't necessary, but that plus 100% uptime arcane surge should make mana sustain super easy.

My chest came from buying the base at 35c and doing a single fossil craft with pristine and prismatic. With the life percent craft it probably cost me about 50c total. EV chests are really cheap this league, compared to what people are paying for vaal regalia.

I converted my occultist to this build. Am I just kinda wasting my time? Should I just reroll to shadow? Shadow has a lot of QoL things like speed, crit against full life and easier power charge generation. I can level super fast. I just want to know that occultist isn't going to feel strictly inferior to shadow.

Do not play this build as an occultist. You literally can only play this build as an assassin or as a scion. Every other ascendancy requires a stupid amount of investment to just make them passable.

This is because cospri's malice has a base crit chance of 5.5% which is almost impossible to reach high numberd with without the base crit on assassin.
"
Simsons2 wrote:
Yeah those evasion chests seem so cheap compared to some uniques like 6L loreweaves/carcass jack's. Some okayish 6L garbs below EX, so cheap compared to 500+ ES Regalias/Shavs etc....

Not really sure if it's worth spending 50-80c on such chest over tabula though.

Just use a tabula until you can afford loreweave. Loreweave is by far the best defensive option for this build. And you do not need damage from your chest slot.
I think you could do it with occultist and be extremely tanky, but you would really want a watcher's eye with hatred base crit boost.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/k4YE6I5

It is going to be much more expensive to gear than assassin, particularly in the current meta.
"
dun198 wrote:
"
Kurnis wrote:

Do not play this build as an occultist. You literally can only play this build as an assassin or as a scion. Every other ascendancy requires a stupid amount of investment to just make them passable.

This is because cospri's malice has a base crit chance of 5.5% which is almost impossible to reach high numberd with without the base crit on assassin.

Here is my pastebin https://pastebin.com/NXFiG5mq

I took my char and my gear and upped it to level 93 (and added Mark of the shaper) and the effective crit is actually a little higher than yours. I have 800 more ehp and my Ice nova damage is much higher (against Shaper). I'm also NOT using a watcher's eye yet, whereas you are.

Please help me understand what is so bad about occultist? I know it's slower...god I envy that movespeed ascendancy and you can use devoto's. But it doesn't seem too bad.

Really just looking for feedback. thank you :)
Last edited by Kurnis on Mar 18, 2019, 2:07:58 PM
Problem of the build . MELEE
In uber elder and hydra i don't understand a damn with all the ice nova thing and cyclone is very hard to handle.If you plan to farm endgame without rips this aint the build
"
RedStark wrote:
Problem of the build . MELEE
In uber elder and hydra i don't understand a damn with all the ice nova thing and cyclone is very hard to handle.If you plan to farm endgame without rips this aint the build

Is it a computer issue on your end?
I've been finding it reasonably resilient, actually. I should be hit 95 today or tomorrow. I've only died to syndicate once, on a t15 with extremely rippy mods. I did all of the guardians deathless yesterday. I did shaper yesterday with one death, mostly because I was stupid and stood in the beam after the bullet hell phase.

I mean, it isn't a HoWA jugg or anything, but I would say survivability is higher than average. With reasonable life leech, 100% fortify, enfeeble aura, blind on hit, freezing, potentially acro/phase acro (I use it), and in my case a lot of consecrated ground with effect linger, things feel pretty good.

I still need to nab a loreweave too, and then maybe think about balancing resists.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 18, 2019, 2:41:20 PM
Just wanted to chime in to say that I've been playing this build and just killed uber elder over the weekend. Absolutely love it. I'm running Discipline and Enfeeble with Enlighten so I can fit in Herald of Ice to improve clear speed. I also run Mind Drinker for the mana leech and sacrifice 2 life nodes on the Scion wheel. All in all the build feels amazing and I'm considering going for the Might of the Meek upgrade.
How important/not important are things like vaal cyclone and vaal ice nova?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info