[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Meive wrote:
How do I see my propper Ice Nova damage in PoB?
My first league and new to the program, I have my flasks ticked on, which gives me 87k nova dps, but that seems low? Do i need to tick more options?

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/bANZvKpS

With chilled on it shoots up to 171k and when I use my ring focus it goes up to 257k
So i guess the 257k is for when i burst and the 171k is my "Effective DPS"? (Can keep 100% flaks uptime when mapping).

Hope someone can shed some light on how to calculate EDPS, cheers!

The PoB link in the first post has damage calculations in the Notes section of PoB.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
10/10 to this build really is fun, would like to add since some might have been following the build blindly and just stick with whatever op says but i really do suggest you guys from exploring more/ experimenting what else we can add to the build. in my case i used vitality over discipline cause im broke, the belt isn't required unless you are trying to reach the max potential of the build. get a boots with good res life and free 1 prefix and craft cannot be frozen (its pretty cheap and you can go offensive on flask), the curse is flexible same as the armour tho loreweave is really good offensively and defensively.

kudos to you sir thread starter really enjoying the build so far tho my pc cant handle it sometimes but still im having fun trying out coc <3
"
dhise wrote:
How does this build do against uber elder?

The damage is more than sufficient, but it did take me a couple of attempts for my first Uber Elder kill.

The biggest issue I had was lack of control of my movement. Uber Elder requires you to be in the right place at the right time frequently, and the use of Cyclone makes this tough. The constant loss of control of your character while trying to do damage, either drifting into a Shaper deathray by mistake, or not being able to Shield Charge/Whirling Blade/Leap Slam away because you're still Cycloning, sucks. Somebody else in this thread mentioned just running around the map and Cycloning as you move past the boss. This is actually how I ended up handling the first few phases as well.

Portal phases are a joke and are just a nice opportunity to relax for a few seconds.

Once I got to the final phase, I cleaved the shit out of the boss and it was dead before I even realized what happened.

If you know the fight well, you should be fine. I only struggled because I had never attempted the boss/watched a video of the boss before and I ended up wasting 2 sets of fragments before killing it.
"
jk5834 wrote:
"
dhise wrote:

The damage is more than sufficient, but it did take me a couple of attempts for my first Uber Elder kill.

The biggest issue I had was lack of control of my movement. Uber Elder requires you to be in the right place at the right time frequently, and the use of Cyclone makes this tough. The constant loss of control of your character while trying to do damage, either drifting into a Shaper deathray by mistake, or not being able to Shield Charge/Whirling Blade/Leap Slam away because you're still Cycloning, sucks. Somebody else in this thread mentioned just running around the map and Cycloning as you move past the boss. This is actually how I ended up handling the first few phases as well.

Portal phases are a joke and are just a nice opportunity to relax for a few seconds.

Once I got to the final phase, I cleaved the shit out of the boss and it was dead before I even realized what happened.

If you know the fight well, you should be fine. I only struggled because I had never attempted the boss/watched a video of the boss before and I ended up wasting 2 sets of fragments before killing it.

I have not attempted UElder myself but what I can see work is:
Make vortex a 5link (removing either the Fortify if you run that, or 1 of the dps support gems) and add Blade Flurry to this chest as a 6th link.

By doing this you can use Blade Flurry in phases where you need quick movemend, and use Vortex when shaper is beaming or portals, just about any phace where you don't have to move for a few seconds.
Since our damage is high enough I think we can afford to do this with a 4 support settup for vortex and blade flurry.
Half of 7mil dps is still 3.5mil dps :D
Hi m8!

Great guide and really funny build, thx a lot! :-D
But I have a big problem - clear speed is great, but I'm dying a lot against single targets like Bosses!
Could you give me some advice and maybe a gear check?
Got about 2 Exas left after spending everything else on this build... :-D

Thx
Hi I'm interested in doing this build but I don't have a Cospri and Lycosidae. I play SSF when it comes to gear. I do have a 6L Belly, a Rat's nest and gifts from above.

Would this build work with a rare shield and weapon? Any pointers on how to craft a good weapon and shield? What should I look for?
"
Hi m8!

Great guide and really funny build, thx a lot! :-D
But I have a big problem - clear speed is great, but I'm dying a lot against single targets like Bosses!
Could you give me some advice and maybe a gear check?
Got about 2 Exas left after spending everything else on this build... :-D

Thx

A few things that I notice:
- Your life flask is very very bad :D, try and buy the exact one from the guide (15c)
- Cut a few health nodes from the outer edges (the small ones) and remove the 3 nodes at alchemist and make your way to the constitution node
- Redo (probably busy with changing while I look) your gems on your boots
- Farm more currency and get the pandemonius, this should be your next upgrade that will really help your survivability.
- Another tip I could give you, if you struggle with survivability is to:
1) Swap out Elemental Focus from chest and put in Fortify (for 100% uptime)
2) Swap out Herald of Ice for Discipline

Movement skills are a preference but I really believe Shield Charge to be the better of the 2, simply because it works well with movement speed and it does not have a short ' delay' when it lands where's Leap Slam does have a short delay.

"
Alaenon wrote:
Would anyone care to once over my build and give me some pointers on where I should improve first? Thanks!
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Alaenon/characters

your cold res should be the highest of the three to get the cold penetration from wise oak. your lightning res is the highest right now.

your flasks should have 20% quality and some of the mods could be better

you can level arcane surge to 4

i would look for a corrupt 6L with the colors you need and some good stats to replace tabula until you get a better chest. a decent corrupt 6L is around 25-30c.

the craft on your ring is kinda useless because this build does very little attack damage.

you might want to refund the two ele focus nodes to get another jewel slot, and look for jewels with life and crit multi (cold/spell/ele)

Last edited by qaizr on Feb 8, 2019, 4:53:50 PM
"
Meive wrote:
"
jk5834 wrote:
"
dhise wrote:

I have not attempted UElder myself but what I can see work is:
Make vortex a 5link (removing either the Fortify if you run that, or 1 of the dps support gems) and add Blade Flurry to this chest as a 6th link.

By doing this you can use Blade Flurry in phases where you need quick movemend, and use Vortex when shaper is beaming or portals, just about any phace where you don't have to move for a few seconds.
Since our damage is high enough I think we can afford to do this with a 4 support settup for vortex and blade flurry.
Half of 7mil dps is still 3.5mil dps :D

I assume by vortex you mean cyclone. I actually considered doing exactly this (switching to blade flurry) and planned on doing so if I failed another set of fragments. I just so happened to kill it on the next set with cyclone.
"
Meive wrote:

A few things that I notice:
- Your life flask is very very bad :D, try and buy the exact one from the guide (15c)
- Cut a few health nodes from the outer edges (the small ones) and remove the 3 nodes at alchemist and make your way to the constitution node
- Redo (probably busy with changing while I look) your gems on your boots
- Farm more currency and get the pandemonius, this should be your next upgrade that will really help your survivability.
- Another tip I could give you, if you struggle with survivability is to:
1) Swap out Elemental Focus from chest and put in Fortify (for 100% uptime)
2) Swap out Herald of Ice for Discipline

Movement skills are a preference but I really believe Shield Charge to be the better of the 2, simply because it works well with movement speed and it does not have a short ' delay' when it lands where's Leap Slam does have a short delay.

Thx for the fast and good reply! :-)
- life flask is changed! :-D
- I think I'll fight trough the few levels, because I haven't got many respec points left...
- Boots are done like in the guide, but not tested yet... ;-)
- it's on my list - maybe I can snipe one some time
- ok, thanks for the advice - have to test it!

Dumb question, but why do I need Shield Charge? Normally I run with Phase Run and I use Leap Slam for obsticles to jump over. This is not possible with Shield Charge, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info