[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
taegummy wrote:
Hi,

Can anybody check my character and let me know how can I improve from here?

Pretty much struggling with Uber Elder, and delves at 360+.

Kind regards!

your damage is kinda low for level 95. get a 21/0 vaal ice nova for your cospri's (the vaal versions are cheap). i would upgrade your mark of the shaper with 75+ inc spell damage. find some gloves with an open prefix to craft the inc damage while leeching or if you have the currency some multimodded gloves. and get a better roll on your belt craft. maybe refund a life node to get that fifth jewel slot which can give you more life and damage.

edit: forgot to mention getting 30% movement speed on your boots will help your clear speed a lot.
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 30, 2019, 12:54:40 PM
"
HybridByakko wrote:
First, thank yoy so much for the build. I am having a blast clearing maps like a boss.

Secondly... why do I do almost no damage to the guardians. I know i dont have a pandemonious and my jewels need an upgrade.

Did I miss something? Respec some points too early without having the right gear to do so?

Please help!

you could improve on your flasks. check out the flask section of the guide for the preferred mods. you shouldn't need two quicksilvers at this point. wise oak adds a lot of damage with your cold resistance highest.

find an elder ring with an open suffix for the focus shock craft

get a couple 21/0 vaal ice novas. the vaal versions are really cheap and quality doesn't matter.

melee movement skills are great for this build because of cospri's melee crit trigger

i would replace ice golem with chaos golem. you don't need the extra crit chance.

frost bomb should be linked with cwdt so you don't have to cast it manually

arcane surge should be at level 4-5 to trigger with one cast of vortex

Last edited by qaizr on Jan 30, 2019, 1:01:02 PM
i just checked poe.trade and apparently the market figured out 21/0 vaal ice novas are worth as much as the regular versions. so they aren't as cheap anymore. they were going for 45-60c and they're 80c+ now :(
"
qaizr wrote:
"
jk5834 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi guys,

I just dumped literally all of my currency into upgrading to the God Tier by purchasing two MoM, an Unnatural Instinct, and a pair of Bubonic Trail boots, and according to PoB my DPS didn't skyrocket the way I had hoped, though it did jump a bit.

Do note that I plan to multi-mod the gloves I'm currently wearing with life, 20/20 fire/lightning resist, damage while leeching, and damage during flask effects which will up my dps a good chunk. I also have an elder diamond ring ready for multi-modding with life, resists (if needed), shock, increased damage, and flat cold damage, but like I said...no more currency.

I did have to reach into the bargain bin for a few jewels with fire/lightning resist just to make up for the significant loss from my previous boots/gloves combo, so I hope to upgrade those eventually.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or could do differently in order to improve my character? I don't currently have a PoB link since I'm at work, but my characters are public.

I appreciate any help given, and I'm sorry if this distracts from more important discussion.

i haven't gone the unnatural instinct route yet but your build look solid to me.

the one suggestion i have is you might refund the three alchemist nodes for more damage. alchemist gives you 3k damage, 18% movement speed, 3% phys dmg reduction. you could respec into light of divinity and ele focus for 9300 damage and some crit chance.

I'll give that a shot. I have a few items for sale worth a few ex that I hope to sell soon so I can get to multimodding those gloves as well.

You've been a big help!
Hi, i've got some troubles with mana. Is there any way to sustain mana?
"
qaizr wrote:
"
HybridByakko wrote:
First, thank yoy so much for the build. I am having a blast clearing maps like a boss.

Secondly... why do I do almost no damage to the guardians. I know i dont have a pandemonious and my jewels need an upgrade.

Did I miss something? Respec some points too early without having the right gear to do so?

Please help!

you could improve on your flasks. check out the flask section of the guide for the preferred mods. you shouldn't need two quicksilvers at this point. wise oak adds a lot of damage with your cold resistance highest.

find an elder ring with an open suffix for the focus shock craft

get a couple 21/0 vaal ice novas. the vaal versions are really cheap and quality doesn't matter.

melee movement skills are great for this build because of cospri's melee crit trigger

i would replace ice golem with chaos golem. you don't need the extra crit chance.

frost bomb should be linked with cwdt so you don't have to cast it manually

arcane surge should be at level 4-5 to trigger with one cast of vortex

Thank you very much for the reply, ill start working on it!
nvm
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Jan 30, 2019, 3:19:15 PM
hello, nice build, I have 35% coodown recovery speed, i need 4 or 5 attacks per second?
"

there are some suggestions in the gameplay tips section of the guide

i had some minor mana issues, usually while clearing delve nodes, and those issues disappeared when i got this boot enchantment. i got a bit lucky because i was only looking for life and the res i needed and found these
"
qaizr wrote:
"

there are some suggestions in the gameplay tips section of the guide

i had some minor mana issues, usually while clearing delve nodes, and those issues disappeared when i got this boot enchantment. i got a bit lucky because i was only looking for life and the res i needed and found these

yep, to me that enchant is the way to go..these are mine...

I just wish i could get more life/movespeed and still those res without having to sell my first born. It also makes me want to drop something for another aura because me mana no longer budges at all

on another note. is it still worth the ES on watchers eye if you get a lowish roll? like 20-25? obviously 30 is best but im not made of exalted orbs
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Jan 30, 2019, 4:47:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info