[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
dragnmith1 wrote:
@qaizr could you check my char in pob im not sure i have the right boxes checked damage seem's ok but could be better?

do you cast ice golem manually? if you want it to cast with cwdt it should be level 3

are you using righteous fire? i'm only using the vaal version for burst damage.

with these checked in pob your average hit is 627k. without rf it's 438k.
power charges
leeching
enemies chilled and shocked

of course you could get more damage but i think you have plenty
"
a_wang wrote:
Spoiler
"
qaizr wrote:
"
a_wang wrote:
I am at approximately 12 APS, 0 CDR, ~65% effective crit chance. Would I benefit from CDR, or should I keep it at 0?

And if so, would the crafted 12% CDR veiled belt mod do anything at all? That would be the easiest way to get it for me.

your cyclone aps is 4.8 which is very high and you aren't triggering CoC as much as you could be.

your crit chance suffers from not having power charges.

Right, it even approaches 6 when you factor in some of the "attacks speed if crit recently" jewels I have. I figure since I am hitting far too frequently, might as well push the envelope further rather than cut back to 3. I do generate power charges through ascendant assassin.

"12% cdr doesn't do anything for us. it has to be at least 14%. once you have that your aps can go up to 3.75. "

Yes I read that on the reddit post, but could lesser CDRs help builds that are overcapping APS

i don't fully understand the poe science behind it but they figured out it has to be at least 14%. less than will help with your cooldowns but it won't help with CoC triggers.
I have a question who sounds really dumb but I really need an answer x)

In our 6L Loreweave, if we play elemental focus + hypothermia, does hypothermia gets canceled by elemental focus & the only way to proc hypothermia bonuses are from vortex or another source of ailments besides Cyclone & Ice nova in our Loreweave ?

If it does it really sounds situational so isn't it better to play EF & switch out hypothermia or switch out EF for Concentrated effect, increased area etc.. ?
"
sangolat wrote:
I have a question who sounds really dumb but I really need an answer x)

In our 6L Loreweave, if we play elemental focus + hypothermia, does hypothermia gets canceled by elemental focus & the only way to proc hypothermia bonuses are from vortex or another source of ailments besides Cyclone & Ice nova in our Loreweave ?

If it does it really sounds situational so isn't it better to play EF & switch out hypothermia or switch out EF for Concentrated effect, increased area etc.. ?

this is actually a good question that i've been wondering about lately

you're right...ele focus negates all of hypos ailment mods and the linked ice nova won't chill, but you still apply ailments with gems in your other gear. i'm not sure the hypo ailment mods are that relevant when you kill things so fast with this build and you still get 39% more damage from a level 20 hypo.

with that said, i get more damage from conc effect compared to ele focus. so i'd say that's the better option since it's more damage and the only downside is less aoe. and you can use inc aoe for maps if you feel like you need more aoe.

I tried for a long time to give a chance to this build, I liked it wildly and I specially pumped it for 80% of the endgame. but unfortunately this is a very bad build, which fails to close for 10 Exalted T16 map
"
tzzui wrote:
Does it make sense to use 2 Might of the Meek without the Unnatural Instinct or should i wait until i can afford all 3 of those? (Repost since it hasn't been answered yet)

I am doing that exact thing right now.
It opens up a lot of smoother itemization in your other slots (ring, gloves, boots, belt) since your ele res is way higher with the MoM setup.

I am still on the low side of levels (91) but have been using this setup since 86ish and it feels good!
I am very close to buying my UI, can't wait for the added movemend speed and other stats that brings.

Feel free to check out my tree and/or gear (though, no that fantastic)
still got a few items to change around, get the right sockets etc but it's a really fun build, so big thanks for that.
hope to manage to 6l my chest at some point in the future and then white socket some of it so i'm flexible with the last gem.

i did change a few talents, mainly to give me more elemental res in fire and ele for a bit of life (and kept some of the lvl traits) until i reach higher levels and can get down there in the skill tree.
Last edited by darkminaz on Jan 30, 2019, 5:36:32 AM
Hi guys,

I just dumped literally all of my currency into upgrading to the God Tier by purchasing two MoM, an Unnatural Instinct, and a pair of Bubonic Trail boots, and according to PoB my DPS didn't skyrocket the way I had hoped, though it did jump a bit.

Do note that I plan to multi-mod the gloves I'm currently wearing with life, 20/20 fire/lightning resist, damage while leeching, and damage during flask effects which will up my dps a good chunk. I also have an elder diamond ring ready for multi-modding with life, resists (if needed), shock, increased damage, and flat cold damage, but like I said...no more currency.

I did have to reach into the bargain bin for a few jewels with fire/lightning resist just to make up for the significant loss from my previous boots/gloves combo, so I hope to upgrade those eventually.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or could do differently in order to improve my character? I don't currently have a PoB link since I'm at work, but my characters are public.

I appreciate any help given, and I'm sorry if this distracts from more important discussion.
When going unnatural instinct, atziri gloves and bubonic boots. Whats the best enchant/corrupt for gloves and loreweave? Have plenty of exalts..

Also, is it better to skip atziri gloves and get the dps gloves instead? Maybe going for life gain on attack/spell hit(not sure which is best..) on ring could make up for the healing..

Pretty much got the best of the godly setup with 120 exalts leftover. Looking to push it to the max.. Could check my lvl 95 assasin to see gear. Appreciate the help..
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
When going unnatural instinct, atziri gloves and bubonic boots. Whats the best enchant/corrupt for gloves and loreweave? Have plenty of exalts..

Also, is it better to skip atziri gloves and get the dps gloves instead? Maybe going for life gain on attack/spell hit(not sure which is best..) on ring could make up for the healing..

Pretty much got the best of the godly setup with 120 exalts leftover. Looking to push it to the max.. Could check my lvl 95 assasin to see gear. Appreciate the help..

Gloves corruption doesnt have much to gain except +2 to curse gems or some inc. attack/spell crit. I would stick with Atziri gloves, the defense they add is probably worth more than some damage gloves, IF your damage is already good from the rest of your gear.
Best corruption for Loreweave is +2 to AOE gems (and +1 to all gems)
http://poe.trade/search/tomomohuihonoy

The other moves u can do: Get a really good elder ring with life/resists/damage.
http://poe.trade/search/uruhahoahabako
use it with a good Mark of The Shaper.
With this combo of items(+2 AOE armor, elder ring and Mark of The Shaper) you will almost double your damage, but loose about 300 life.

https://pastebin.com/fhn6Fgxs

Or u can buy this pandemonius with cold leech, will open up a lot of possibilities, you can drop the leech gem in the cospris and put in Inc. crit for more consistent leech and more damage. Also if u drop the golem you can craft Aspect of The Spider on a Elder ring as another option when enfeeble, blasphemy and discipline is linked with a lvl 4 Enlighten.

http://poe.trade/search/bedumasigiiota

https://pastebin.com/NgRxTY8c

Another thing; change the Silver flask with Atziri flask, the Silver puts you above 3,75 attacks pr second.

And get a

If you plan on pushing levels it will probably save you at least 1 time from dying.

Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Jan 31, 2019, 2:50:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info