[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
CheeQu wrote:
Very likely that it does! Check your cyclone's APS at hideout (if u use a silver flask dont forget to pop it for the test) and see if you are AT or BELOW the suggested values of 3 APS (for no cooldown) or 3.75 (with 14%+ cooldown).

Yeah, i get 4.1 aps. Gonna do the changes in the build, thanks for the help xD

Having so much fun with the build
Last edited by otavio106 on Dec 28, 2018, 9:38:25 PM
"
Maxjke3h wrote:

ye author need to mention about any phys to attack source to get banner works.

FYI you can get phys damage on Cospri if >20% quality on it.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Cheequ, on a different note - I do leap slam plus fortify, so I leap into mobs and proc fortify and they die (all bosses die or go to next phase within 4 seconds so I don’t need fortify to reapply).

Why do you find it’s worth sacrificing a coc gem slot to get fortify rather than just run leap slam. I understand you get low level arcane surge with flame dash, but given you’re so keen on survivability it seems losing a coc gem slot when you could get the same effect from linking fortify to leap slam... seemed unintuitive to me? What did I miss?

Oh it's just a playstyle preference, I never liked leap slamming in the face of things to proc it, maybe it's not but it feels kinda dangerous to me.
And generally in maps Im 100% sure I have it on all the time without thinking about it and without checking at the top left every now and then. Feels smoother and safer.
But ye thats just playstyle preference nothing more.
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Cheequ, on a different note - I do leap slam plus fortify, so I leap into mobs and proc fortify and they die (all bosses die or go to next phase within 4 seconds so I don’t need fortify to reapply).

Why do you find it’s worth sacrificing a coc gem slot to get fortify rather than just run leap slam. I understand you get low level arcane surge with flame dash, but given you’re so keen on survivability it seems losing a coc gem slot when you could get the same effect from linking fortify to leap slam... seemed unintuitive to me? What did I miss?

Oh it's just a playstyle preference, I never liked leap slamming in the face of things to proc it, maybe it's not but it feels kinda dangerous to me.
And generally in maps Im 100% sure I have it on all the time without thinking about it and without checking at the top left every now and then. Feels smoother and safer.

Got it, I was guessing that was the case. Given life leech scales off damage but fortify effect doesn’t, wouldn’t it make more sense for you to put life leech in the 6L and fortify in the 3L (they all proc at the same time after all)?
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 28, 2018, 9:42:19 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Got it, I was guessing that was the case. Given life leech scales off damage but fortify effect doesn’t, wouldn’t it make more sense for you to put life leech in the 6L and fortify in the 3L (they all proc at the same time after all)?

Oh if that worked Id be so happy, but fortify is a support gem for melee attacks, so it needs to be linked with one :(
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Oh if that worked Id be so happy, but fortify is a support gem for melee attacks, so it needs to be linked with one :(

D’oh! I am stupid, of course!!

Got the cooldown recovery and changed the attack speed stuff. but now with silver flask my attack speed goes to 3.8 Is that a huge problem? or i'll need to divine my cospri( 13% attack speed) to 11% or 12%?
Last edited by otavio106 on Dec 28, 2018, 9:54:59 PM
"
otavio106 wrote:

Got the cooldown recovery and changed the attack speed stuff. but now with silver flask my attack speed goes to 3.8 Is that a huge problem? or i'll need to divine my cospri( 13% attack speed) to 11% or 12%?

That's weired how you got to 3.8.
Anyways, probably cheaper to sell your cospri and buy another one. Might even a small profit considering you sell a better roll and buy a worse one.
For those who ask about MF i add some MF gear and i'm runing t7 maps now I'm pretty sure that we can run t11+ with MF gear just have to cap our ress, for t7 i didnt cap it.

Spoiler

Will buy a nubuck and bisco's leash when i have money lol.
"
CheeQu wrote:

Oops, nice catch! will fix it tomorrow, thank you.

Generally it's nice to still be a little lower to account for server inconsistences as it's a very complex game, so dont go above that 3.75, seems perfect there.

Also may I ask why your average damage dropped a bit?

Yeah I'm currently sitting at exactly 3.75 and it seems to be working fine, can easily drop to 3.74 with jewel adjustments.

My average hit on my main Ice Nova dropped due to having to respec into more jewel slots for Frozen Trail (was using LMP in Cospri's), and a couple of item changes to allow for new gems and finally getting the 14% cooldown recovery.

It was previously at around 330K average, but the proc rate wasn't consistent (needed frenzies up, blood rage on, onslaught up etc.), now it is at 300K average but it far more consistent, procs faster and I have another Ice Nova, meaning much more damage over all.

And actually now that I think about it, including the vortex increased damage and a couple more item changes I want to make, it'll end up close to 350K average, so it'll be better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info