[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Can you quickly explain how you calculated 7 million DPS? I did the following math using the numbers from the PoB and got ~3.8 mil: https://imgur.com/7g2WimZ

I didn't factor in Vortex or Cyclone DPS because they're both pretty low, but let's round to 4 mil. Even accounting for culling strike (11% more damage) and the shock from focus (20% more, assuming it's up all the time which it isn't), that leaves us with ~5.3 mil. It's still a ton of DPS, but I'm wondering where the rest came from, and if I'm missing anything. Did you count the enemy as being full/low life?

Also, separate question: I'm trying to decide between this build and the non-MoM Assassin/Slayer Ascendant variant here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2258456/page/1. I'm sure both are pretty equal for mapping (this one's probably a bit better with the extra damage on full life). How do you think the two builds compare for something like Uber Elder?

EDIT: Seems like you got the DPS from the Shaper gif kill time. Since you're using RF in that clip (39% more damage), I suppose the DPS numbers do work out.
Last edited by Jarmanuel on Dec 29, 2018, 1:25:17 AM
Hi!

I get cospris today and now i have 2 doubts

1 - 6 links rare or tabula rasa until Loreweave?

2 - rare amulet or ungil Harmony until Pandemonium?
"
Dzarke wrote:
Hi!

I get cospris today and now i have 2 doubts

1 - 6 links rare or tabula rasa until Loreweave?

2 - rare amulet or ungil Harmony until Pandemonium?

1- 6 Links rare can carry u till end game, i'm using carcass jack and didnt had any problem in t15 maps

2- rare amulet, ungil isnt necessary after second lab
Hi, could it be that you accidently killed a part of the leveling guide yesterday ? i swear there was something about winterorb in it ;)

very nice guide tho ... im leveling my assasin right now
"
CRaftzwerg wrote:
Hi, could it be that you accidently killed a part of the leveling guide yesterday ? i swear there was something about winterorb in it ;)

you can level with WO - LMP (swap with GMP when you can) - Inc. Duration - faster casting - controlled destruction - cold penetration
Planning to respect from Miner to this build, has anyone been successful in killing Mastermind?
"
CRaftzwerg wrote:

Yes, I did try winter orb but it felt awkward until 38 at least (on a 4-link without leveling uniques), so Ill base the leveling guide around storm brand which seems to be OP for leveling, hope I can update it in time for you!
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 29, 2018, 5:45:00 AM
"
kan3 wrote:
Planning to respect from Miner to this build, has anyone been successful in killing Mastermind?

Yes I did it 3 times but the fight is awkward, maybe I still need to learn it better, cant tell the mechanics very well.
"
kan3 wrote:

Did mastermind, vaal temple, uber atziri, t16 guardians and shaper yesterday. All other deathless and easy, but mastermind was hardest because so scuffed fight and didnt even know what was happening half of the time.

Gonna try uber elder next, dmg wise should be ok if you know the fight.
Ign HalpingHansu/Jevnigeff
Last edited by Jevnigeff on Dec 29, 2018, 5:45:41 AM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
kan3 wrote:

Yes I did it 3 times but the fight is awkward, maybe I still need to learn it better, cant tell the mechanics very well.

tbh its the most awkward fight as melee to do out of any existing encounter, my biggest problem with previous melee builds were mostly the exploding corpses past 2nd pillar, but then I go in mostly blind and just "learning by doing" like most stuff.
Dumb question but how do you deal with them as melee?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info