[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Hi, first of all props for the guide!
I'm doing this build on my lv90 assassin and I got a few questions, i hope you can answer them for me :)

1. I got the legacy Atziri's Acuity (played back in the days and just recently got back into it) with the instant leech, are those best in slot for this build?

2. I use an warlords mark ring in my setup, now this is a noob question, but do i get healed by the Frostbolt and Ice Novas or only from the cyclone on crits (while using the atziri gloves)?

3. Would you use the Unnatural Instinct jewel and if so, what changes would you do in the skill tree?

4. Are there any other boots besides the Bubonic Trails you think suit the build well?

thanks in advance :D
ps- don't look at my character, its still not optimized and i used some random jewels i got laying around :D

Last edited by shura22 on Dec 29, 2018, 8:44:28 AM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
Audix wrote:
im having alot of fun with this build, jsut wondering on what i should go for next with my gear

i know i need 6 link chest but i dont feel the need for the 6th link just yet

Hey, glad you are enjoying it!!

Life rolls seem kinda low so I probably would try to improve those. Try 100+ life on rares and 80+ ring maybe. Also 6th link fortify will help more with tankyness obviously. Other than that gear looks great!

Edit: check the mana problems solutions at the "important notes and gameplay tips" secrion and replace that mana flask with silver or basalt!

im asctualy using this flask setup, the mana flask was for a map with no life/mana regen
"
Jarmanuel wrote:
Can you quickly explain how you calculated 7 million DPS? I did the following math using the numbers from the PoB and got ~3.8 mil: https://imgur.com/7g2WimZ

I didn't factor in Vortex or Cyclone DPS because they're both pretty low, but let's round to 4 mil. Even accounting for culling strike (11% more damage) and the shock from focus (20% more, assuming it's up all the time which it isn't), that leaves us with ~5.3 mil. It's still a ton of DPS, but I'm wondering where the rest came from, and if I'm missing anything. Did you count the enemy as being full/low life?

Also, separate question: I'm trying to decide between this build and the non-MoM Assassin/Slayer Ascendant variant here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2258456/page/1. I'm sure both are pretty equal for mapping (this one's probably a bit better with the extra damage on full life). How do you think the two builds compare for something like Uber Elder?

EDIT: Seems like you got the DPS from the Shaper gif kill time. Since you're using RF in that clip (39% more damage), I suppose the DPS numbers do work out.

Ill answer the second part since you got the first one!

The differences I can see are:
1. My build has a little more damage and more consistent (that one wont always have frenzy charges against bosses and also has RF turned on at PoB and OP corruption on cospri's malice) though this is irrelevant for mapping, both builds will have way more than enough damage.
2. I got more EHP with enfeeble (gives around 3k EHP during mapping). If he drops haste aura for enfeeble than I will be faster (+20% movement from assassin).
3. We can also have atziri acuity but he's version will have faster leech since it wont stop at full life. Keep in mind though that our leech rate caps very fast anyway, less than a second against single targets and instantly in packs.
4. That build is about 14 ex more expensive (Unnatural Instict + 2x might of the meek)
5. He has slightly more AoE from slayer, but I think AoE is not a problem with this build.

Of course I might be biased since this is my build, he might have some benefits which I can't see since I haven't played that version.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 29, 2018, 8:52:47 AM
"
CRaftzwerg wrote:
Hi, could it be that you accidently killed a part of the leveling guide yesterday ? i swear there was something about winterorb in it ;)

very nice guide tho ... im leveling my assasin right now

Updated leveling guide, should be better now!
"
talichan wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
kan3 wrote:
Planning to respect from Miner to this build, has anyone been successful in killing Mastermind?

Yes I did it 3 times but the fight is awkward, maybe I still need to learn it better, cant tell the mechanics very well.

tbh its the most awkward fight as melee to do out of any existing encounter, my biggest problem with previous melee builds were mostly the exploding corpses past 2nd pillar, but then I go in mostly blind and just "learning by doing" like most stuff.
Dumb question but how do you deal with them as melee?

I believe you can carefully drag them away a bit and then flame dash around and burst the mastermind before they come.
"
shura22 wrote:
Hi, first of all props for the guide!
I'm doing this build on my lv90 assassin and I got a few questions, i hope you can answer them for me :)

1. I got the legacy Atziri's Acuity (played back in the days and just recently got back into it) with the instant leech, are those best in slot for this build?

2. I use an warlords mark ring in my setup, now this is a noob question, but do i get healed by the Frostbolt and Ice Novas or only from the cyclone on crits (while using the atziri gloves)?

3. Would you use the Unnatural Instinct jewel and if so, what changes would you do in the skill tree?

4. Are there any other boots besides the Bubonic Trails you think suit the build well?

thanks in advance :D
ps- don't look at my character, its still not optimized and i used some random jewels i got laying around :D

1. Yes those glove will be pretty crazy! I'm jealous

2. Leech will work from frostbolts/ice novas on cospri as well as cyclone and ice novas from chest

3.Unnatural instict is pretty much only used by ascendant class. They combine it with 2x might of the meek at the center of the tree for some OP stats. Other classes can't really invest that much there.

4. Haven't really seen any great unique belts for this build, since we have lots of uniques already we need to get some resists and life from somewhere so I go for rare boots.
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
Jarmanuel wrote:
Can you quickly explain how you calculated 7 million DPS? I did the following math using the numbers from the PoB and got ~3.8 mil: https://imgur.com/7g2WimZ

I didn't factor in Vortex or Cyclone DPS because they're both pretty low, but let's round to 4 mil. Even accounting for culling strike (11% more damage) and the shock from focus (20% more, assuming it's up all the time which it isn't), that leaves us with ~5.3 mil. It's still a ton of DPS, but I'm wondering where the rest came from, and if I'm missing anything. Did you count the enemy as being full/low life?

Also, separate question: I'm trying to decide between this build and the non-MoM Assassin/Slayer Ascendant variant here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2258456/page/1. I'm sure both are pretty equal for mapping (this one's probably a bit better with the extra damage on full life). How do you think the two builds compare for something like Uber Elder?

EDIT: Seems like you got the DPS from the Shaper gif kill time. Since you're using RF in that clip (39% more damage), I suppose the DPS numbers do work out.

Ill answer the second part since you got the first one!

The differences I can see are:
1. My build has a little more damage and more consistent (that one wont always have frenzy charges against bosses and also has RF turned on at PoB and OP corruption on cospri's malice) though this is irrelevant for mapping, both builds will have way more than enough damage.
2. I got more EHP with enfeeble (gives around 3k EHP during mapping). If he drops haste aura for enfeeble than I will be faster (+20% movement from assassin).
3. We can also have atziri acuity but he's version will have faster leech since it wont stop at full life. Keep in mind though that our leech rate caps very fast anyway, less than a second against single targets and instantly in packs.
4. That build is about 14 ex more expensive (Unnatural Instict + 2x might of the meek)
5. He has slightly more AoE from slayer, but I think AoE is not a problem with this build.

Of course I might be biased since this is my build, he might have some benefits which I can't see since I haven't played that version.

im playing the version what u talk about.
its insane:) u can prety much facetank anything with flasks and fortify up!
havent tryd uber elder. but yeah damage is insane i cant even imagine needing more. because evrything dies instantly and when it dosent die u burst it in 1 second to mehanics phase anyway.the only reason i took that build instead of urs it feels it have more survability 7k+ hp and instant leech + leech full life . havent died a single time on it. but yeah i will try ur builds next league, too lazy to make new. im going for level 100 on the scion version.
but for sure both builds are super fun and i highly reccomend them.
u change them littlebit for ur needs. like some even taking phase acro for survability.its up to you.
Last edited by tydruk on Dec 29, 2018, 9:21:37 AM
"
tydruk wrote:

im playing the version what u talk about.
its insane:) u can prety much facetank anything with flasks and fortify up!
havent tryd uber elder. but yeah damage is insane i cant even imagine needing more. because evrything dies instantly and when it dosent die u burst it in 1 second to mehanics phase anyway.the only reason i took that build instead of urs it feels it have more survability 7k+ hp and instant leech + leech full life . havent died a single time on it. but yeah i will try ur builds next league, too lazy to make new. im going for level 100 on the scion version.
but for sure both builds are super fun and i highly reccomend them.
u change them littlebit for ur needs. like some even taking phase acro for survability.its up to you.

Sounds fun! Yes I can recommend both versions as well. That leech must be nice to have. I'm about to get Atziri's Acuity on my build as well now and I can't wait :P
Hi my damage seems very low against bosses. my gems aren't level 21, but i feel that 1 level shouldn't be a huge drop. I'm also using vaal righteous fire during bosses for more damage and it seems weak. + focus + vertex + arcane surge. If you could take a look at my gear/tree and tell me what the issue is. It would be very much appreciated.
I'm running a bit of a changed version of this build and i have a question:
Why run increased critical strikes instead of something like cold penetration?

Very fun build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info