[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Just want to say thanks for the in depth look into the build. I was running something very similar but aiming for 6.04 APS with no cooldown recovery. Spent all night swapping out items and gems and jewels after realising the whole cyclone hits twice thing (and that it doesn't factor into PoB APS).

Now I've got my APS down to 3.75 (with 14% cooldown recovery) and I'm definitely seeing the ice nova proc faster. My average damage dropped a little bit, but the proc rate is better and now I'm running two ice novas now.

Just wanted to say that the post you are going off says 7.57 is the breakpoint, while you are saying 7.47, which puts the APS breakpoint a little higher than 3.7 APS.

Now I'm stuck trying to figure out the best gem set up. Gotta say that the 3 link vortex is awesome though, been really effective in T15 and T16 Maps.
"
mrpetrov wrote:

It’s good to compare and debate ideas respectfully - it’s a really fun aspect of PoE!

Enfeeble vs (Warlords Mark + Vitality + 30 LGOH) has nothing to do with farruls v starkonja, they are entirely unrelated.

Leech isn’t the same - for the same reserved mana cost my suggested setup gives you:
- 30 LGOH more (huge!)
- a cold penetration (or other dps) gem for an ice nova (huge!)
- 8% increased damage taken vs enfeeble

20% shock is irrelevant - I can have that on a ring too. Vitality isn’t still an option in your setup for the same reserved mana cost ie if you run vitality you have to drop something else).

Ok ill assume you also get the shock mod, though i doubt you will do since resists will get too tight :D BUT it's doable with some ex so lets continue

You forget I can run blasphemy enfeeble + vitality + 30 lgoh if I drop ice herald.

Then our difference boils down to 600 life vs elder (its like 3000 life for mapping) vs your ~11% MORE damage from herald and cold pen on 3link. Mine is also 1 mod cheaper xd

Maybe the reason I settled for this is that the more I evolved the build through the previous month, the more I was trying to improve survivability (see fortify on 6link as the best example) as this is really its only weakness.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 28, 2018, 9:04:42 PM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

It’s good to compare and debate ideas respectfully - it’s a really fun aspect of PoE!

Enfeeble vs (Warlords Mark + Vitality + 30 LGOH) has nothing to do with farruls v starkonja, they are entirely unrelated.

Leech isn’t the same - for the same reserved mana cost my suggested setup gives you:
- 30 LGOH more (huge!)

20% shock is irrelevant - I can have that on a ring too. Vitality isn’t still an option in your setup for the same reserved mana cost ie if you run vitality you have to drop something else).

Ok ill assume you also get the shock mod, though i doubt you will do since resists will get too tight :D BUT it's doable with some ex so lets continue

You forget I can run blasphemy enfeeble + vitality + 30 lgoh if I drop ice herald.

Then our difference boils down to 600 life vs elder (its like 3000 life for mapping) vs your ~11% MORE damage from herald and cold pen on 3link. Mine is also 1 mod cheaper xd

Maybe the reason I settled for this is that the more I evolved the build through the previous month, the more I was trying to improve survivability (see fortify on 6link as thr best example) as this is really its only weakness.

Wait a second, we have to compare like for like!

If you run vitality plus enfeeble blasphemy, and no warlords mark on hit, I have 70% extra reserved mana to play with.
For 70% mana reserved and Warlord mark on hit I can get (as an example):
- vitality (same as you)
- warlords mark (leech and mana leech) - no mana reserved
- purity of elements plus 50% chaos resistance (watchers eye) OR dread banner (LESS mob accuracy) AND (herald OR aspect of the spider - huge)!

There’s no getting around the fact that:
- enfeeble can’t realistically be applied on hit
- enfeeble has no watchers eye synergies.

Anyway, we can each adopt our own approach and everyone can do as they please. Enjoyed the discussion!
There's really a huge difference to play without boots or belt without cooldown recovery?

What does it change exactly?
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

- 30 LGOH more (huge!)

Maybe the reason I settled for this is that the more I evolved the build through the previous month, the more I was trying to improve survivability (see fortify on 6link as thr best example) as this is really its only weakness.

Wait a second, we have to compare like for like!

If you run vitality plus enfeeble blasphemy, and no warlords mark on hit, I have 70% extra reserved mana to play with.
For 70% mana reserved and Warlord mark on hit I can get (as an example):
- vitality (same as you)
- warlords mark (leech and mana leech) - no mana reserved
- purity of elements plus 50% chaos resistance (watchers eye) OR dread banner (LESS mob accuracy) AND (herald OR aspect of the spider - huge)!

There’s no getting around the fact that:
- enfeeble can’t realistically be applied on hit
- enfeeble has no watchers eye synergies.

Anyway, we can each adopt our own approach and everyone can do as they please. Enjoyed the discussion!

Well I did compare enfeeble + vitality vs warlords on hit + cold pen on 3link + vitality + herald. You can fit in a banner in there but nothing will change as we are ignoring enfeeble's accuracy effect all this time, so my previous post still stands. :P

Thanks as well for the discussion. You definitely gave me some things to think about!
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 28, 2018, 9:31:39 PM
"
otavio106 wrote:
There's really a huge difference to play without boots or belt without cooldown recovery?

No big difference really, more like an end-game upgrade. Offers nothing other than about ~14% more damage, not much needed but nice to have.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 28, 2018, 9:19:09 PM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
otavio106 wrote:

No big difference really, more like an end-game upgrade. Offers nothing other than about ~14% more damage, not much needed but nice to have.

Thanks for answer!

Just one more question. I can buy the belt with cooldown, but i'll have to drop my stigyan and my will have to change the glove craft attack speed for resists.

This attack speed in the gloves screw things up?
"
Hohenheim_ wrote:
Just want to say thanks for the in depth look into the build. I was running something very similar but aiming for 6.04 APS with no cooldown recovery. Spent all night swapping out items and gems and jewels after realising the whole cyclone hits twice thing (and that it doesn't factor into PoB APS).

Now I've got my APS down to 3.75 (with 14% cooldown recovery) and I'm definitely seeing the ice nova proc faster. My average damage dropped a little bit, but the proc rate is better and now I'm running two ice novas now.

Just wanted to say that the post you are going off says 7.57 is the breakpoint, while you are saying 7.47, which puts the APS breakpoint a little higher than 3.7 APS.

Now I'm stuck trying to figure out the best gem set up. Gotta say that the 3 link vortex is awesome though, been really effective in T15 and T16 Maps.

Oops, nice catch! will fix it tomorrow, thank you.

Generally it's nice to still be a little lower to account for server inconsistences as it's a very complex game, so dont go above that 3.75, seems perfect there.

Also may I ask why your average damage dropped a bit?
"
otavio106 wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
otavio106 wrote:

Thanks for answer!

Just one more question. I can buy the belt with cooldown, but i'll have to drop my stigyan and my will have to change the glove craft attack speed for resists.

This attack speed in the gloves screw things up?

Very likely that it does! Check your cyclone's APS at hideout (if u use a silver flask dont forget to pop it for the test) and see if you are AT or BELOW the suggested values of 3 APS (for no cooldown) or 3.75 (with 14%+ cooldown).
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 28, 2018, 9:29:29 PM
Cheequ, on a different note - I do leap slam plus fortify, so I leap into mobs and proc fortify and they die (all bosses die or go to next phase within 4 seconds so I don’t need fortify to reapply).

Why do you find it’s worth sacrificing a coc gem slot to get fortify rather than just run leap slam. I understand you get low level arcane surge with flame dash, but given you’re so keen on survivability it seems losing a coc gem slot when you could get the same effect from linking fortify to leap slam... seemed unintuitive to me? What did I miss?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info