[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

What about change the chaos golem to stone golem? I rly like high hp regen, and remove the banner (which i never remember to use, its worth for something if u dont place it?) and add a decoy totem or something like that?
This build summed up in one picture:

And I absolutely love it.
"
gokudin wrote:
What about change the chaos golem to stone golem? I rly like high hp regen, and remove the banner (which i never remember to use, its worth for something if u dont place it?) and add a decoy totem or something like that?

I mean you can do what you Iike but hp regen isnt ever going to save you from stuff which can kill this build.

Same thing with decoy totem - it’s just a distraction in my view when you should be focused on dps and positioning.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 28, 2018, 8:09:56 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

This will be massive if that's correct, as I've been trying to stay around 7.5 aps the whole time.

Do you ever contemplate using vitality with a vitality-lgoh watcher's eye? it's really great, especially combined with warlords mark.

Also, surely there is a watcher's eye worth using with this build..?

Finally, farrul's bite is a great helm for capping crit chance and dropping the diamond flask (replace with atziri's promise). Similarly, I love this flask for both its defensive properties and crit chance and duration:

I wouldn't suggest warlords mark over enfeeble because of its inconsistent endurance charge generation against bosses.

Also wouldn't recommend farruls as it's a 0 life item, 25% mana reservation for again an inconsistent buff, and also not giving enough crit to replace diamond flask imo.

Vitality + watcher's eye is definitely a great idea though, I'd use it over ice herald if you want extra tankyness. Might try this myself actually.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Warlords is there for the leech, not the endurance really (it's a nice side plus during general mapping. With WM and LGOH from vitality you don't need to gem life leech. Also, I find enfeeble of not much use as the only thing that can kill you is uber elder, and enfeeble aint going to prevent that. Map bosses and guardians die too fast.

1 gem on a 3-link item is a lot less of a resourse cost than 35% mana reservation for leech though dont you think?
Nope, I strongly disagree with you on this point. One gem on a three link could be replaced by cold penetration, which is worth a lot more than 35% mana reservation. But in any case I use a warlords mark on hit ring, so I don’t reserve any mana for it. I wouldn’t use blasphemy. I’d rather use WM on hit + aspect of the spider and banner, or vitality, than just enfeeble+blasphemy. No brainer imho.

Warlords Mark + Vitality + 30lgoh >>> Enfeeble

Or

Warlords mark + aspect of the spider + banner >>> enfeeble

Heck even:

Warlords mark + purity of elements + 50% chaos resistance >>> enfeeble
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 28, 2018, 8:18:53 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Nope, I disagree with you in this point. One gem on a three link could be replaced by cold penetration, which is worth a lot more than 35% mana reservation. But in any case I use a warlords mark on hit ring, so I don’t reserve any mana for it. I wouldn’t use blasphemy. I’d rather use WM on hit + aspect of the spider and banner, or vitality, than just enfeeble+blasphemy. No brainer imho.

id rather use the 20% shock on my ring + leech gem + less dmg of enemies with enfeeble. you can use vitality like this as well.
More dmg and more tanky.

1. My enfeeble is -8.2% dmg of elder, effectively increasing my 6500hp to 7100 (not counting fortify and other things), not to mention our 300 life difference just from starkonja vs farrul where then the difference becomes 900 HP.

2. Leech is the same

3. Damage is higher with 20% shock

4. vitality still an option

Anyway, we can argue for days but both setups are quite solid and I encourage and respect trying to find your own solutions. That's what poe is all about :P
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 28, 2018, 8:36:17 PM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Nope, I disagree with you in this point. One gem on a three link could be replaced by cold penetration, which is worth a lot more than 35% mana reservation. But in any case I use a warlords mark on hit ring, so I don’t reserve any mana for it. I wouldn’t use blasphemy. I’d rather use WM on hit + aspect of the spider and banner, or vitality, than just enfeeble+blasphemy. No brainer imho.

id rather use the 20% shock on my ring + leech gem + less dmg of enemies with enfeeble. you can use vitality like this as well.
More dmg and more tanky.

1. My enfeeble is -8.2% dmg of elder, effectively increasing my 6500hp to 7100 (not counting fortify and other things), not to mention our 300 life difference just from starkonja vs farrul where then the difference becimes ~1000 HP.

2. Leech is the same

3. Damage is higher with 20% shock

4. vitality still an option

Anyway, we can argue for days but both setups are quite solid and I encourage and respect trying to find your own solutions. That's what poe is all about :P

It’s good to compare and debate ideas respectfully - it’s a really fun aspect of PoE!

Enfeeble vs (Warlords Mark + Vitality + 30 LGOH) has nothing to do with farruls v starkonja, they are entirely unrelated.

Leech isn’t the same - for the same reserved mana cost my suggested setup gives you:
- 30 LGOH more (huge!)
- a cold penetration (or other dps) gem for an ice nova (huge!)
- 8% increased damage taken vs enfeeble

20% shock is irrelevant - I can have that on a ring too. Vitality isn’t still an option in your setup for the same reserved mana cost ie if you run vitality you have to drop something else).
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 28, 2018, 8:41:28 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Nope, I strongly disagree with you on this point. One gem on a three link could be replaced by cold penetration, which is worth a lot more than 35% mana reservation. But in any case I use a warlords mark on hit ring, so I don’t reserve any mana for it. I wouldn’t use blasphemy. I’d rather use WM on hit + aspect of the spider and banner, or vitality, than just enfeeble+blasphemy. No brainer imho.

Or

Heck even:

I think you're overestimating how much damage that three link actually does. Imo, adding another damage support there would be a drop in the bucket compared to the CoC setup.

However, I can see the merit of going Vitality with a lgoh Watcher's Eye instead of Enfeeble. You'll be a bit more susceptible to one-shots, but your sustain will be great.
"
gokudin wrote:

Yes you can do both! Ill include decoy totem as an optional alternative to dread banner, nice one.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 28, 2018, 9:05:29 PM
"
Jarmanuel wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Or

Heck even:

I think you're overestimating how much damage that three link actually does. Imo, adding another damage support there would be a drop in the bucket compared to the CoC setup.

However, I can see the merit of going Vitality with a lgoh Watcher's Eye instead of Enfeeble. You'll be a bit more susceptible to one-shots, but your sustain will be great.

And remember if you run vitality + lgoh from watchers eye you ALSO get to run warlords mark - whereas if you run enfeeble + blasphemy you lose all of those 3 benefits (warlords mark on hit, 30 lgoh and vitality regen). Curses also comparatively suck for bosses. While I am all for mitigating spike damage, in this case I believe the sustain advantage far outweighs the spike mitigation.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 28, 2018, 8:46:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info