[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Spoiler
"
get a couple 21/0 ice novas. the 21/0 vaal ice novas are super cheap at 50c right now. quality isn't important for ice nova. one of those will add 10k to your average hit.

arcane surge is better linked with vortex since you're casting vortex all the time and you can level arcane surge to 4-5

you could swap out fortify in your chest for more damage

your cwdt setup is a little over leveled

shield charge and leap slam are great for this build because the melee crit can trigger cospri's

yeah getting 4 blue on those boots gonna be a bit painful. I have shield charge / faster attacks 20/20 already waiting. Besides the 21/0 vaal ice nova, shock on focus ring and conc or ele focus on chest, I guess next upgrade would be a stygian vise with ele/cold/inc dmg and go recovery on boots? Is that all I could do besides going 2H Sword? Ty so much.

yea the boots/belt upgrade would be great but boots with cdr/life/movement/res are very expensive.

you can get more damage on your jewels. i would refund light of divinity to get
that fourth jewel slot.

Any chance of posting a quick CI Occultist guide? Even just a passive tree and ascendancy priorities would do!
Last edited by maxwolfie on Jan 23, 2019, 4:45:00 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
"
jk5834 wrote:
"
shield charge and leap slam are great for this build because the melee crit can trigger cospri's

Sorry to jump in here, but I've always preferred whirling blades for movement. How does this compare to shield charge/leap slam?

i think whirling blades is fine. i guess it comes down to preference. i might give wb a try cos i prefer it too.

are there any reasons you wouldn't want to use wb?

I don't know of any, but again, I'm not very well versed in the more in depth mechanics, and there may be something I don't know about leap slam and shield charge that I'm not accounting for.
"
jk5834 wrote:
"
qaizr wrote:
"
jk5834 wrote:

Sorry to jump in here, but I've always preferred whirling blades for movement. How does this compare to shield charge/leap slam?

i think whirling blades is fine. i guess it comes down to preference. i might give wb a try cos i prefer it too.

are there any reasons you wouldn't want to use wb?

I don't know of any, but again, I'm not very well versed in the more in depth mechanics, and there may be something I don't know about leap slam and shield charge that I'm not accounting for.

Shield charge scales from movement speed, whirling blades scales from attack speed. We limit our attack speed; with a good quicksilver, shield charge is faster. Leap slam is really just used to jump gaps, but its slower.

Whirling blades travels a finite distance, and shield charge travels to cursor.

Whirling blades travels through more objects that would stop shield charge.

Shield charge has larger AOE for fortify trigger.
Last edited by teslabear on Jan 23, 2019, 4:01:01 PM
Managed to get up to 700k avg Ice Nova damage while maintaining full CC and capped aps (14% crs) and i'm only level 86!

Shaper didn't actually move before phasing, was pretty hilarious... This builds stupid strong haha.
Last edited by fitsu on Jan 23, 2019, 4:16:57 PM
"
teslabear wrote:
Spoiler

Shield charge scales from movement speed, whirling blades scales from attack speed. We limit our attack speed; with a good quicksilver, shield charge is faster. Leap slam is really just used to jump gaps, but its slower.

Whirling blades travels a finite distance, and shield charge travels to cursor.

Whirling blades travels through more objects that would stop shield charge.

Shield charge has larger AOE for fortify trigger.

thanks for the info!

"
fitsu wrote:
Managed to get up to 700k avg Ice Nova damage while maintaining full CC and capped aps (14% crs) and i'm only level 86!

Shaper didn't actually move before phasing, was pretty hilarious... This builds stupid strong haha.

definitely looks like a glass cannon with 5100 life and resistances only capped with wise oak active

your helm craft seems weird. why'd you pick that one?
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 23, 2019, 4:31:58 PM
Alright guys I need some help, I have no clue how to get from where I am at currently with my gear to "killing minotaur in a few seconds" which is all I want to do.

Here is my PoB to show my gear. I would love some help, I have about 8ex so not enough for the major stuff like Helm Enchant, or the Veridian and Might of the Meeks. https://pastebin.com/8Lcjq306
Are these any good for this build? ;)

"
Alright guys I need some help, I have no clue how to get from where I am at currently with my gear to "killing minotaur in a few seconds" which is all I want to do.

Here is my PoB to show my gear. I would love some help, I have about 8ex so not enough for the major stuff like Helm Enchant, or the Veridian and Might of the Meeks. https://pastebin.com/8Lcjq306

your crit multi is pretty low at 364%. it should be over 400%.

if you have a suffix open on your elder ring i would put the focus shock craft on it

get a 21/0 ice nova for your cospri's

linking a lvl 10 frost bomb with cwdt would add 20k to your average hit when frost bomb is active

arcane surge won't trigger with a single cast of vortex at level 5. might want to de-level to 4

edit: a 15% pen wise oak would add some damage. you can probably change the craft on your gloves to a damage craft and still have capped res
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 23, 2019, 5:26:35 PM
whatever happened to the enfeeble on hit gloves option that you talked about a few weeks ago? is that not a good option because you can only get a level 12 enfeeble on hit ?>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info