[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Thanks for the guide.
Followed it in betrayal SC SSF (got lucky with both lyco and cospri drop - incursion +unique scarabs helps a lot).

Killed shaper smoothly with it

My gear
Spoiler

pay no attention to the gems in Lyco.

One issue I encountered with this build is the incursion temple boss with his death auras when you go through it. Using a Lion's roar may be a solution..
Last edited by ganellon on Jan 23, 2019, 11:59:39 AM
"
Nantakuuu wrote:

Honestly don't know what my next steps are. Got pretty lucky with farming syndicates to get my gear, but also, seem to not be doing as much damage as you show for T16 and for elder.

I can kill Elder and Shaper easily, but sometimes I die to most trivial things like a Minotaur.

you're missing out on two jewel slots in your tree. if you need the 20 dex i would try to find gear with dex so you can refund those nodes. your crit multi is very low (354%) and jewels are the best place to get that. your abyssal jewels could be better with 40+ life and more damage/crit

you should get most of your gems to 20 quality with the vendor recipe. ice nova is fine to keep at 0 quality imo since quality only improves aoe. look for a couple 21/0 ice novas. i got a 21/0 vaal ice nova for 50c yesterday.

since you already have an elder ring you should definitely get mark of the shaper. i would look for another elder ring that has a suffix open for the focus shock craft. shock adds a ton of damage.

Last edited by qaizr on Jan 23, 2019, 12:18:54 PM
"
jk5834 wrote:
Spoiler
Loving this build! I played way back right after the beta, but dropped the game shortly thereafter when D3 wasn't terrible. This is the first league I've participated in since, and this build has kept me around.

That being said, I'm still a bit of a noob regarding a lot of mechanics, and I'm curious about the use of Vaal RF. Is it assumed that we're using both the normal and the Vaal varieties? If we are using normal RF, how do we go about managing the damage mechanic? I've used it, and I'm fine when I have a consistent target to hit, but I've had instances of the full health drain taking effect, then getting one shot by something off screen. Is a "removes burning" potion the way to go?

Thanks in advance!

only use the vaal version for the burst damage
"
Hey I was wondering if someone could help me with upgrades, I can buy acuity's.

https://pastebin.com/YTcvHCVX

you can refund the 5 doom cast nodes to get more life on your tree and another jewel slot. doom cast is unnecessary after you've ascended.

i would get an elder ring with an open suffix for the focus shock craft
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 23, 2019, 12:42:39 PM
"
qaizr wrote:
"

you can refund the 5 doom cast nodes to get more life on your tree and another jewel slot. doom cast is unnecessary after you've ascended.

yeah I dont think acuity's that good feel like rare gloves with 120% damage would be better. Looking for a decent elder ring with open suffix and maybe I'll get acuity's. What else should I upgrade though? I don't do that much damage not even with vaal rf.
"
Spoiler
"
qaizr wrote:
"

yeah I dont think acuity's that good feel like rare gloves with 120% damage would be better. Looking for a decent elder ring with open suffix and maybe I'll get acuity's. What else should I upgrade though? I don't do that much damage not even with vaal rf.

get a couple 21/0 ice novas. the 21/0 vaal ice novas are super cheap at 50c right now. quality isn't important for ice nova. one of those will add 10k to your average hit.

arcane surge is better linked with vortex since you're casting vortex all the time and you can level arcane surge to 4-5

you could swap out fortify in your chest for more damage

your cwdt setup is a little over leveled

shield charge and leap slam are great for this build because the melee crit can trigger cospri's
Last edited by qaizr on Jan 23, 2019, 1:27:51 PM
"
shield charge and leap slam are great for this build because the melee crit can trigger cospri's

Sorry to jump in here, but I've always preferred whirling blades for movement. How does this compare to shield charge/leap slam?
Anyone else go for Heart of Ice?
"
get a couple 21/0 ice novas. the 21/0 vaal ice novas are super cheap at 50c right now. quality isn't important for ice nova. one of those will add 10k to your average hit.

arcane surge is better linked with vortex since you're casting vortex all the time and you can level arcane surge to 4-5

you could swap out fortify in your chest for more damage

your cwdt setup is a little over leveled

yeah getting 4 blue on those boots gonna be a bit painful. I have shield charge / faster attacks 20/20 already waiting. Besides the 21/0 vaal ice nova, shock on focus ring and conc or ele focus on chest, I guess next upgrade would be a stygian vise with ele/cold/inc dmg and go recovery on boots? Is that all I could do besides going 2H Sword? Ty so much.
Last edited by 2k144fps on Jan 23, 2019, 1:48:28 PM
"
jk5834 wrote:
"

Sorry to jump in here, but I've always preferred whirling blades for movement. How does this compare to shield charge/leap slam?

i think whirling blades is fine. i guess it comes down to preference. i might give wb a try cos i prefer it too.

are there any reasons you wouldn't want to use wb?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info