[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
CheeQu:

Here is your end game PoB adjusted to be scion (ass/inquisitor). I tweaked a couple of jewels to make it fit for purpose. Changed wise oak for atziri (inq doesnt need more ele pen).

https://pastebin.com/xUdVBCvu

Ice Nova avg hit is 295k (against any number of targets) vs 212k in your build (or 244k v single target in your build).

So somewhere between 40% more damage vs most situations other than shaper and guardian, and 20% more dps vs shaper (not uber/shaper as they're usually near each other) or guardians.

More move speed on scion of course.

Life is identical virtually, 60 more HP on templar. 200 less ES on templar. Both running blasplemy, enfeeble and discipline.

What do you think?

PS: If you really want to go ham on dps, then dump enfeeble and run anger with the watchers and aspect of the spider and discipline all together - ice nova per hit goes to 390k per hit and you get the defensive benefits of aspect of the spider.

Here you go: https://pastebin.com/VBaz2SWz
I leveled the playing field - exactly same gear. Same DPS vs single targets, little lower in maps but who cares. 5% more movement speed for the assasin.

I wouldnt play any of those 2 over the one in the guide though, they would both feel way slower (50%+ movement speed less).

Wait a sec - you can't call out MS as a difference, just move the crit chance flask mod onto your diamond or silver flask and you're back to the same MS essentially. Also, the build I sent you did take the flask effect nodes, like your end game PoB, so the movement speed will be virtually the same if you just move that crit flask mod.

I'll go through this in more detail now, I'm genuinely interested to see which is the strictly better ascendancy (as I'm sure you are!).

Also, I'm not sure 9% less damage is quite "who cares" territory, again especially if you're planning on farming uber. I mean almost 10% better damage for ass/inq seems like it's strictly better, no? What's better about the end game PoB link in the OP?
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 9, 2019, 3:28:01 PM
Gem section updated. Also changed 3 points in the Unnatural Instict tree.
What is the reasoning for the January 9 skill tree change?
it looks to me that u got a lot more HP and more jewel sockets. but at the cost of quite a bit of crit mulitplier?
say, you cant afford some first class jewels and the pandemonius amulet. would you still change the skill tree?
Have you considered elemental focus for the 6th gem in your main setup?

You are already getting chill from the gems in cospri and vortex, plus the amulet.
Last edited by boomersoonr on Jan 9, 2019, 3:45:12 PM
Just wanted to share a bit of progress with my CI variant (since the last PoB I posted was still full of a lot of junk).
https://pastebin.com/gN654wig

This is a PoB of my current character with a few additions I haven't gotten around to yet (proper quality gems and a level 21 Ice Nova).

So far... ~9K ES, ~133K Ice Nova... so pretty mediocre EHP, no Loreweave, and a lot less damage... And while I'm not entirely finished (currently looking at adding Aspect of the Spider? or maybe Dread Banner), I don't really see all that much more room for growth in my build (UI eventually maybe?).

Seems like a lot to give up for Chaos immunity, but it's been a fun ride none the less. ;)
Finally read all 132 pages, now id like to ask you guys for a few suggestions regarding my build.
I am playing on standard and i got the legacy atziri gloves.
Im not sure if i should keep them on the build since they are only of some use if I got a warlords mark ring.
Atm I'm at 6500hp and 1150ES and I'm more or less crit capped with an diamond flask (92.16%).
I got a watchers eye with the ES gained on hit and the life gained on hit mods, therefor im running discipline, vitality and a herald of ice.
I honestly dont see any reason to run enfeeble, i kill everything in less than 3 seconds + its of no importance on the actual hard end boss (uber).
I'm thinking of switching the herald of ice for an aspect of spider, i just need to find a decent ring on the std league that isnt as expensive as the legacy gloves...
I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a look at my character (Ubodem) and give me a few suggestions regarding: the atziri gloves situation, what auras/watchers eye you would pick in my situation.
And lastly, i might check out the scion version mrPetrov posted, but i'd like to stick to assassin as for now.

ps- the current rings I use are just place holders (one is for the wm curse, the other one just for the res, coral rings with the right mods are super expensive on std) and i could potentially boost my dmg more with some changes regarding my other jewels.

Thanks a lot in advance ^^
Last edited by shura22 on Jan 9, 2019, 3:50:34 PM
Hey I now have a warlords mark on hit ring got lots of space for crafting what should i add and should i remove gifts from above??
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Since you are all about end game and expensive stuff, here is what my dream setup would look like: https://pastebin.com/v3sHsNi3

For mapping drop a 3-point jewel for flask nodes and change basalt to warding instead of critical. Vaal pact also included, ES on hit included, Enfeeble included, Hinder included, 9150 life/es.

Also I hate myself for making this :P
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 9, 2019, 3:51:44 PM
hey 1 question...

i want to get some survibility on hit :P
and im thinking on dropping herald of ice to : Vitality with watchers or Discipline with watchers

so with vitality: i have 5.6k life 300es and phase acro

or is it better with disci .. would respec .. would loose phase acro, 1k EVA, manaleech but would win 200 life and would have 1,4k ES

is 1,4k es too less for a watchers eye with es on hit?
"
Ra1inbow wrote:
Hey i am at 5.1k Life and im dealing just 120k dmg with conc and 17%from vortex and arcane surge what am i missing or what should i improve? Here are my items and my pastebin https://pastebin.com/VGKX8PQ5

Biggest thing you need is to get your gem quality up (20/20). Also you dont need dual enfeeble setup (cwdt/blasphemy), get a vaal righteous fire for bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info