[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
CheeQu wrote:
"
Ren wrote:
Well, simulating new rings with 2x meeks + UI the change for me is 65k Ice nova avg. dmg to 77k.

The POB is here: https://pastebin.com/yYdcuWwh

The config is only checked for power charges. Am I missing something?

Generally people tend to use conc effect when checking shaper DPS, also only one nearby enemy checked.

You also miss Alira bandit and the fact that bonechill isn't supported increases it even more by about 17% (I've put a mod in cospri in my PoB for the bonechill effect).

I see, then going the Meek + UI route the difference is around 10% more damage and +200 life and 20% movement speed. Doesn't seem worth spending 15ex for that?

Or that's just me? :)
"
Ren wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
Ren wrote:
Well, simulating new rings with 2x meeks + UI the change for me is 65k Ice nova avg. dmg to 77k.

The POB is here: https://pastebin.com/yYdcuWwh

The config is only checked for power charges. Am I missing something?

Generally people tend to use conc effect when checking shaper DPS, also only one nearby enemy checked.

You also miss Alira bandit and the fact that bonechill isn't supported increases it even more by about 17% (I've put a mod in cospri in my PoB for the bonechill effect).

I see, then going the Meek + UI route the difference is around 10% more damage and +200 life and 20% movement speed. Doesn't seem worth spending 15ex for that?

Or that's just me? :)

Isn't the reason for spending 15ex the following?

"
A) 23% Attack speed and 21% Movement speed. That is basically the benefits of an onslaught flask (If you used Silver Flask you can now drop it for free and use Basalt Flask. If you used Basalt Flask already, then you benefit from the better clearspeed and save some attack speed investments which you can now remove elsewhere).
B) 108% Elemental Resistances. This enables us to cap resistances while using an extra unique item, which means we get a big damage increase from our next upgrade:

Get resistances up, and get to switch into Basalt flask for added survival?
"
For Watcher's Eye are we only looking for +# ES gained for each Enemy hit while affected by Discipline? Probably +6% max life as well?

Do I place UI near the AS green nodes in the lvl 98 tree you linked?

Check gear section. Tree is there for ui

And yes next to the as nodes
Last edited by Netaxo on Jan 9, 2019, 1:18:56 PM
"

Yeah but I'm simulating taking Coordination + attack speed jewel and keeping rare boots, so capped res, the correct attack speed without silver flask. The difference being a bit of life and 10% damage.
Hooray, i was testing some crafting and i got this

i think i'm gonna add aspect ( which one ? spider maybe ? never tried the other :D )
and multi mod it

I want to try anger setup and if it's not working i think i can still sell it for good money !
Last edited by reeld on Jan 9, 2019, 1:22:34 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Help me out here CheeQu. Nothing comes close to killing us except uber or maybe guardians if you muck up. Not even t16 syndicates.

So Enfeeble reduces guardian/shaper/elder damage by 6%. With a 30% enchant, that becomes 7.8% (30%x1.3x0.2). So this enchant is for a 1.8% damage reduction...?

For the same enchant slot, you can get the anger mana reservation reduction of 15%, and then run *all together* - anger (with crit multi), discipline and aspect of the spider...

I really struggle to understand enfeeble echant's value...!

As the guide states, that's the best enchant for 99% of cases but not against 80% reduced cursed effectiveness bosses. 40% Ice Nova damage is better for that.
You can go for your setup which is even better against uber elder (but you still lose around 600 EHP from not running enfeeble at all). I can't really advise people to buy anger enchant, change auras, get an anger watcher eye and switch all of that for just one encounter! Especially when the damage is there already and we sacrifice 600 EHP.

In all other fights enfeeble setup is superior so I can't change the whole guide's setup just for that :P

Understood! I'm not against running enfeeble per se, it's just the enchant I think isn't necessarily that good when other enchants (esp the anger one) allow you to run an aura that you couldn't otherwise run.

To be honest, If you compare anger enchant + anger watcher eye against Ice Nova Damage enchant + enfeeble. I'd still go for enfeeble.

600 More EHP (9000 HP / 0.934 = ~9600 HP) [Blasphemy + Enfeeble is 6.6% less damage on Uber Elder] vs 5% more damage if I'm not mistaken? (Don't forget the 40% ice nova damage enchant and some crit multi from extra the jewel [the one that is replaced by anger watcher's]).

It will be 10% more damage with anger if you manage to get both anger and discipline in the same watcher's eye (I know you do but that's expensive AF :D). Still with this extreme item, would you prefer 9600 HP or 9000 HP + 10% more damage?

BTW damn this guide has turned into me trying to justify Enfeeble to everyone else :P
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 9, 2019, 1:25:06 PM
"
vector84 wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Help me out here CheeQu. Nothing comes close to killing us except uber or maybe guardians if you muck up. Not even t16 syndicates.

So Enfeeble reduces guardian/shaper/elder damage by 6%. With a 30% enchant, that becomes 7.8% (30%x1.3x0.2). So this enchant is for a 1.8% damage reduction...?

For the same enchant slot, you can get the anger mana reservation reduction of 15%, and then run *all together* - anger (with crit multi), discipline and aspect of the spider...

I really struggle to understand enfeeble echant's value...!

Doesn't the Enfeeble enchant ignore boss reductions? I wish I had a source handy, but I'm pretty sure I was just reading about that the other day...

The claim was that Enfeeble enchanted should boost Enfeeble vs 80% curse bosses from 6% to 15% reduction.

No that's not true unfortunately. If it was there would be no debate.
"
Larokan wrote:
Does Herald of ice not povide to much damage to let it go? Just wondering (+the MTX is just fancy).
And another Question: If i dont have Unnatural Instinct, i should go with the Old tree right?

Herald of Ice damage is nothing compared to the survivability of discipline + watcher eye ES on hit.

You should follow the linked tree in the tree section! UI has a seperate tree which is linked next to the part where UI is mentioned.
"
Ren wrote:
"

Yeah but I'm simulating taking Coordination + attack speed jewel and keeping rare boots, so capped res, the correct attack speed without silver flask. The difference being a bit of life and 10% damage.

If you already run basalt, the difference will be what you said + 21 movement speed for greater clear speed.

As mentioned, these items are too expensive and don't offer huge benefits compared to their costs.
So I am a little late to the party but ... we dropped arcane potency section completely now?

Erm ...

How do we compensate for the lost crit chance going forward ?

At the moment, I have 61.1% crit on cyclone with Potency + without diamond flask + with 4 Power charge. What numbers should I be aiming for ?
Last edited by Seqqsy on Jan 9, 2019, 1:40:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info