[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Followed the guide and having a blast.

Currently done with the "overpowered" and aiming for the "god tier" i'm still unsure about the gem setup. Is the guide still up to date on this matter ?

TY for the hardwork though !
"
Cyange wrote:

Currently done with the "overpowered" and aiming for the "god tier" i'm still unsure about the gem setup. Is the guide still up to date on this matter ?

... People don't read the lasts posts.

He literally said last page that he was going to take a break and when he returns he will update the gem section.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
We should have a discussion about diamond flasks, mobility and APS with cyclone.

Cyclone as a clear speed delivery mechanism in this build is arguably relatively slow because of the animation lock, and lack of attack speed syngery with leap slam or shield charge.

There is an argument to actually go for double the respective aps break points and not use a diamond flask, and to keep crit chance in the 70% area.

The argument being that:
- hitting twice as quickly gives us a synthetic diamond flask (your crit is essentially lucky if you get two bites of the cherry)
- movement skills and cyclone in general will feel A LOT faster and smoother
- you drop the diamond flask and can run both, say, wise oak and atziri flask
- if you run unnatural instinct and might of the meek, you get a chunk of ias from the tree (+23%)
- you have to spend more points on attack speed in jewels/tree

Still, worth a discussion. PoB will suggest it doesn't make sense, because PoB doesn't take into account mobility (and hence survivability v uber etc) and now will it inherently see the "crit chance is lucky" impact of running at 2x the aps breakpoints.

I think if this is an idea that appeals, then realistically one should just use blade flurry instead of cyclone though.

Check my char, I think it is well worth the slight damage and ehp loss for the QOL that comes with the attack speed. I can also swap in blade flurry for bosses when necessary.

I know it is not as optimal as the OP's setup, but it works for me and feels good.

Edit: https://pastebin.com/YyzLztqA I think I actually need to drop my attack speed very slightly
Last edited by boomersoonr on Jan 9, 2019, 11:59:38 AM
So I notice that the PoB and linked skill tree for 98 are quite different on the left side. Which one should I be following?
"
Cyange wrote:

Overpowered? God tier?? Where is the info about that? What am I missing? Do I need to read this whole thread??
"
Sinorance wrote:
So I notice that the PoB and linked skill tree for 98 are quite different on the left side. Which one should I be following?

PoB is outdated and will be updated today. Follow the linked lv 98 tree.
"
Banjokid wrote:
"
Cyange wrote:

Overpowered? God tier?? Where is the info about that? What am I missing? Do I need to read this whole thread??

Gear section of the guide!
"
Enfeeble Curse Effect (#1 for 99% of cases and very cheap to get too!

sure about that ? dont know if your guide is responsible for that, but the cheapest starkonjas with enfeeble enchant are at 6ex at the moment.

other than that im curious about testing this build out. got about 20ex to spend, for which version should i go starting from the ground (besides an already leveled 93 assassin) ?
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
Banjokid wrote:
"
Cyange wrote:

Gear section of the guide!

Oh damn! Nice haha

Ty

"
Arrensen wrote:
"
Enfeeble Curse Effect (#1 for 99% of cases and very cheap to get too!

sure about that ? dont know if your guide is responsible for that, but the cheapest starkonjas with enfeeble enchant are at 6ex at the moment.

other than that im curious about testing this build out. got about 20ex to spend, for which version should i go starting from the ground (besides an already leveled 93 assassin) ?

In the gear section there is the order of importance of each piece. Start from the top and go the way to the bottom. With 20ex I think you can get the overpowered version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info