[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
For bandits i got the 2 points, normally always are kill all so will i be on a disadvantage?

You Can respec

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deal_with_the_Bandits

I have just reached level 84 guided by your build, everything works as it should. well done.
What would be an optimal crit chance for cyclone and spell crit chance for ice nova without diamond flask. To be checked in pob.
I sit at 75% spell and 65 cyclone, I dont know if I should go for more
"
sangvinu2 wrote:
What would be an optimal crit chance for cyclone and spell crit chance for ice nova without diamond flask. To be checked in pob.

Will you be using a diamond?

If you are, then I would say a good crit chance - esp for your attack (whether cyclone or blade flurry) - is around 80%. You get good bang for your buck from your diamond and still feel effective when/if your diamond runs out.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
sangvinu2 wrote:
What
would be an optimal crit chance for cyclone and spell crit chance for ice nova without diamond flask. To be checked in pob.

Will you be using a diamond?

If you are, then I would say a good crit chance - esp for your attack (whether cyclone or blade flurry) - is around 80%. You get good bang for your buck from your diamond and still feel effective when/if your diamond runs out.

Thanks.
Im thinking to go 5,58aps for wb or leap, will lose some dpa and hp but gain qol, would it be any difference for optimal crit, big lose in dps or there is any benefit to go double aps
Gearing section is updated. Next up is gems sections with some small changes, nothing crazy. I'll take a break for now and work on that soon! In the meantime I'll answer any questions you might have so far.
We should have a discussion about diamond flasks, mobility and APS with cyclone.

Cyclone as a clear speed delivery mechanism in this build is arguably relatively slow because of the animation lock, and lack of attack speed syngery with leap slam or shield charge.

There is an argument to actually go for double the respective aps break points and not use a diamond flask, and to keep crit chance in the 70% area.

The argument being that:
- hitting twice as quickly gives us a synthetic diamond flask (your crit is essentially lucky if you get two bites of the cherry)
- movement skills and cyclone in general will feel A LOT faster and smoother
- you drop the diamond flask and can run both, say, wise oak and atziri flask
- if you run unnatural instinct and might of the meek, you get a chunk of ias from the tree (+23%)
- you have to spend more points on attack speed in jewels/tree

Still, worth a discussion. PoB will suggest it doesn't make sense, because PoB doesn't take into account mobility (and hence survivability v uber etc) and now will it inherently see the "crit chance is lucky" impact of running at 2x the aps breakpoints.

I think if this is an idea that appeals, then realistically one should just use blade flurry instead of cyclone though.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 9, 2019, 11:41:03 AM
"
ojejku wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:

Doom cast and arcane potency are 11 points for 90% crit multi (spell crit is almost capped anyway, spell crit chance has small benefit). I Instead went for Frost Walker, Light of Divinity and 3 jewels sockets which equals 21% increased life from jewels, 45% spell damage from the nodes and easily 60% multi (even more than that if you invest more) from those 3 jewels. Equal or Higher Damage, 21% life, 15% cold resist.

The main reason this happens is because the spell crit chance offered by these nodes that you like is mostly going to waste, since without them we have 94% spell crit anyway.

I didn't say take both, I say take Doomcast at least, my tree had the same number of jewel sockets, before I switched to HH, together with Doomcast.

I'd like to see how you propose taking Doomcast in the 98lvl tree and let's see if it's worth it.

Anyways, this build is so close to min-maxed now that such small details don't have huge impact. The last huge effect was discipline with ES on hit and maybe Tireless. These made this build quite a lot better and we should be happy!
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 9, 2019, 11:38:42 AM
"
CheeQu wrote:
Gearing section is updated. Next up is gems sections with some small changes, nothing crazy. I'll take a break for now and work on that soon! In the meantime I'll answer any questions you might have so far.

I will try 'God Tier' version when I get home and post some results, looks pretty fun and solid! I will need to adapt some rares for the resistances, but looks easy!
"
mrpetrov wrote:
We should have a discussion about diamond flasks, mobility and APS with cyclone.

Cyclone as a clear speed delivery mechanism in this build is arguably relatively slow because of the animation lock, and lack of attack speed syngery with leap slam or shield charge.

There is an argument to actually go for double the respective aps break points and not use a diamond flask, and to keep crit chance in the 70% area.

The argument being that:
- hitting twice as quickly gives us a synthetic diamond flask (your crit is essentially lucky if you get two bites of the cherry)
- movement skills and cyclone in general will feel A LOT faster and smoother
- you drop the diamond flask and can run both, say, wise oak and atziri flask
- you have to spend more points on attack speed in jewels/tree

Still, worth a discussion. PoB will suggest it doesn't make sense, because PoB doesn't take into account mobility (and hence survivability v uber etc) and now will it inherently see the "crit chance is lucky" impact of running at 2x the aps breakpoints.

I think if this is an idea that appeals, then realistically one should just use blade flurry instead of cyclone though.

I'll answer this partially for now. The way this build was designed, movement speed is the key clearspeed factor. Movement skills should be rarely used. Movement will always be superior to movement skills in terms of gameplay smoothness and control, arguably in speed also.

Also if you check the guide's second Gif, you might spot the proper way of using cyclone to clear packs. I use the cursor very very close to my character, which means the animation lock (and movement speed reduction) is barely existant. This is key to increasing clearspeed also.

Cyclone's clearspeed and control excels with movement speed and not attack speed, a fitting thing since low APS Cyclone is the most cost-effective way for max CoC triggers.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 9, 2019, 11:47:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info