[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
faids4you wrote:
the only movement speed on gear is the boots right? feels like the guide runs way faster then me

Are you using a quicksilver flask with the same mods and the flask effect nodes?
"
ojejku wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Aren't you spell crit capped without doomcast anyway, especially if you're using a diamond flask...?

Not a chance, unless u have WE as I have with hatred and then with flask you're capped but without flask still not. All those ppl who say we're crit cap is n1 bullsh**, we're crit cap only if you check `Is the enemy on Full Life?`/`Is the enemy on Low Life?` because only then you got 100% MORE critical strike chance from assassin ascendancy (ambush and assassinate node), that was basically a game changer node for all autobomber builds that only required to hit once for map clear.

Don't be rude dude. My 93 ass was spell crit capped easily without full/low life enemies. Remember you can also trade off a bit of dps (eg flat cold damage or crit multi) in your jewels for some more crit chance.

For a start, stick the crit chance mod on your diamond flask.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 9, 2019, 9:56:50 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Don't be rude dude. My 93 ass was spell crit capped easily without full/low life enemies. Remember you can also trade off a bit of dps (eg flat cold damage or crit multi) in your jewels for some more crit chance.

I'm not rude, if it sounds like I am then sorry. I'm just trying to say how it really is.

Please share with me your pastebin, where you were crit capped without flask (which is not a crit cap anyway, it makes your crit rolled twice like with a dice, and flask is not always up) then we can talk about real numbers not fake story telling.
Last edited by ojejku on Jan 9, 2019, 10:04:14 AM
i hope there will be a new version with the combo might of the meek + unnatural instinct ^^
"
ojejku wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

I'm not rude, if it sounds like I am then sorry. I'm just trying to say how it really is.

Please share with me your pastebin, where you were crit capped without flask (which is not a crit cap anyway, it makes your crit rolled twice like with a dice, and flask is not always up) then we can talk about real numbers not fake story telling.

Apology accepted.

Crit capped means 95% crit chance, I didn't say guaranteed crit. 95% is the crit chance cap, hence "crit capped".

Also, I didn't run a diamond on my assassin (he's degeared now as I moved to scion), so the flask with the crit chance was almost always up (it was a surgeon's basalt with the crit chance mod). I also ran a tactician's belt and rotgut for quasi-pathfinder like flask refills even v uber. The thing I dislike most is being out of flasks v uber.

Anyway, here's a pob from a level 93 assassin build with crit capped blade flurry and spell crit capped without using a diamond flask. If you're willing to go a little under crit cap you can get a little more dps. The rare jewels aren't great in this build either.

https://pastebin.com/Wjh2hSwZ
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 9, 2019, 10:24:12 AM
"
reeld wrote:
i hope there will be a new version with the combo might of the meek + unnatural instinct ^^

Sure, here was my 93 assassin coc before I moved to scion: https://pastebin.com/Wjh2hSwZ
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
faids4you wrote:
the only movement speed on gear is the boots right? feels like the guide runs way faster then me

Are you using a quicksilver flask with the same mods and the flask effect nodes?

^ This and also the ascendancy gives you 20% movement speed if you have killed recently (Opportunistic)
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Apology accepted.

Crit capped means 95% crit chance, I didn't say guaranteed crit. 95% is the crit chance cap, hence "crit capped".

Also, I didn't run a diamond on my assassin (he's degeared now as I moved to scion), so the flask with the crit chance was almost always up (it was a surgeon's basalt with the crit chance mod). I also ran a tactician's belt and rotgut for quasi-pathfinder like flask refills even v uber. The thing I dislike most is being out of flasks v uber.

Anyway, here's a pob from a level 93 assassin build with crit capped blade flurry and spell crit capped without using a diamond flask. If you're willing to go a little under crit cap you can get a little more dps. The rare jewels aren't great in this build either.

Thanks for pastebin. Now, we can talk about sth concrete. You invested a lot into crit chance on every jewel, sometimes two crit chance rolls, you also took 2 power charges for that purpose (which original guide didnt take) and crit chance on a belt. That belt btw is good for mapping and keeping flasks up but I wouldn't recommend it, there are better options. Having that said, you're still not crit cap (95%) until you use your flask with 80% crit chance roll, but it's close ~89%. However, you could get much more dmg by stacking crit multiplier on jewels rather than crit chance, and together with dropping meeks nad UIs and using 4+ more rare jewels with such stats, grab Doomcast and other things, I strongly believe you can yield better dmg overall, at least that's my two cents.
Last edited by ojejku on Jan 9, 2019, 10:34:49 AM
"
ojejku wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Apology accepted.

Thanks for pastebin. Now, we can talk about sth concrete. You invested a lot into crit chance on every jewel, sometimes two crit chance rolls, you also took 2 power charges for that purpose (which original guide didnt take) and crit chance on a belt. That belt btw is good for mapping and keeping flasks up but I wouldn't recommend it, there are better options. Having that said, you're still not crit cap (95%) until you use your flask with 80% crit chance roll, but it's close ~89%. However, you could get much more dmg by stacking crit multiplier on jewels rather than crit chance, and together with dropping meeks nad UIs and using 4+ more rare jewels, I strongly believe you can yield better dmg overall.

Yes, I'm glad you agree with me - that's why I said "If you're willing to go a little under crit cap you can get a little more dps. The rare jewels aren't great in this build either." To reiterate, I personally didn't want an assassin build where I had to have a diamond flask, so I was happy to trade away some dps for consistency of damage v uber when/if a diamond would have run out.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 9, 2019, 10:36:45 AM
For bandits i got the 2 points, normally always are kill all so will i be on a disadvantage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info