[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

CheeQu, thanks for keeping the build updated and being so prompt in replying to people.

I do think Scion (Assassin/Inquisitor) can't be beat for dps v end bosses (eg ubers).
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 9, 2019, 9:21:53 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
CheeQu, thanks for keeping the build updated and being so prompt in replying to people.

I do think Scion (Assassin/Inquisitor) can't be beat for dps v end bosses (eg ubers).

Hey :P We will discuss that when I finish updating!
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Hey :P We will discuss that when I finish updating!

Excited.:) I am indifferent, as I have a 90 scion and a 93 assassin both ready to go! I sometimes wonder that some people on here forget that scion gets an extra 5 passive points too (not you, but other folks commenting).

Also, as a Scion you have the points to get Heart of Ice, which might not seem great but is actually pretty decent for 7 points.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 9, 2019, 9:31:34 AM
"
xøøne wrote:
is there any reason to not take doom cast ? or i missing something ?

Btw nice build , appreciate the work and time you put on it

Answered above this post.
"
Lordrius wrote:
"
Banjokid wrote:
Followed everything I think but haven't been able to get items with as good rolls as OP, but according to PoB I do about half the damage compared to OP...
229793 on ops build, 109569 on mine :/

I can easily run through t16 maps, everything dies right away, but on bosses I kinda suck..

Bit noob so I don't know what I've done wrong.. Is it all about max rolls on the items?

All your gems lacks quality. Your belt has +34 elem damage with ATTACK skills, which is useless to this build (we do damage with spells). You should get a Cospri with 14% attack speed and a belt with 14% cooldown recovery, that improves the damage a looooooot.

Will try to fix that, tyty
"
CheeQu wrote:

Doom cast and arcane potency are 11 points for 90% crit multi (spell crit is almost capped anyway, spell crit chance has small benefit). I Instead went for Frost Walker, Light of Divinity and 3 jewels sockets which equals 21% increased life from jewels, 45% spell damage from the nodes and easily 60% multi (even more than that if you invest more) from those 3 jewels. Equal or Higher Damage, 21% life, 15% cold resist.

The main reason this happens is because the spell crit chance offered by these nodes that you like is mostly going to waste, since without them we have 94% spell crit anyway.

I didn't say take both, I say take Doomcast at least, my tree had the same number of jewel sockets, before I switched to HH, together with Doomcast.
Last edited by ojejku on Jan 9, 2019, 9:33:02 AM
"
ojejku wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:

Doom cast and arcane potency are 11 points for 90% crit multi (spell crit is almost capped anyway, spell crit chance has small benefit). I Instead went for Frost Walker, Light of Divinity and 3 jewels sockets which equals 21% increased life from jewels, 45% spell damage from the nodes and easily 60% multi (even more than that if you invest more) from those 3 jewels. Equal or Higher Damage, 21% life, 15% cold resist.

The main reason this happens is because the spell crit chance offered by these nodes that you like is mostly going to waste, since without them we have 94% spell crit anyway.

I didn't say take both, I say take Doomcast at least, my tree had the same number of jewel sockets, before I switched to HH, together with Doomcast.

Aren't you spell crit capped without doomcast anyway, especially if you're using a diamond flask...?
still waiting for that guide update! Anyway this build can do both physical and elemental reflect as long you use your diamond flask before spinning on mob packs. this is my only toon that can run corrupted maps that have both physical and elemental reflect.
Last edited by glocknine on Jan 9, 2019, 9:43:34 AM
the only movement speed on gear is the boots right? feels like the guide runs way faster then me
moooo
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Aren't you spell crit capped without doomcast anyway, especially if you're using a diamond flask...?

Not a chance, unless u have WE as I have with hatred and then with flask you're capped but without flask still not. All those ppl who say we're crit cap is n1 bullsh**, we're crit cap only if you check `Is the enemy on Full Life?`/`Is the enemy on Low Life?` because only then you got 100% MORE critical strike chance from assassin ascendancy (ambush and assassinate node), that was basically a game changer node for all autobomber builds that only required to hit once for map clear (hoi explosion did the job for rest mobs around). And enemy is not always at full/low life.
Last edited by ojejku on Jan 9, 2019, 9:55:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info