Summon Skeletons

Using the skeleton mage Jewel is the only thing that makes skeletons gem semi viable, use spell echo, GMP, skeleton, minion damage and whatever other you want and its decent, but I just link it with my specter too, two birds with one stone. However, its not as good as it could be. You literally have to put all your points, gear, jewels and everything else to supplement your minions, thus making you extremely weak and get one shotted because of the enemy shooting you from off screen, and the fact your minions follow behind you when you move. Which is in itself another huge problem for summoners. There should be a full agressive button to toggle on and off for your minions, so they engage ahead, not behind you and you dont have to keep casting and running in circles, hoping you dont get shot.
Last edited by Sixpackand2guns on Oct 3, 2017, 7:32:24 PM
Still no buffs to skeleton warriors. The increased effectiveness of added damage only applies to flat added damage and not to things like Hatred. So, essentially it's a tiny buff, but only to mage skeletons.

Melee skeletons are still shit.

Also, I love how Barrage gets legacy enchantments, but summon skeletons didn't get to keep its legacy +1/+2 skeletons summoned per cast enchantment.

GGG, serious question, do you just hate melee skeletons/summon skeletons in general?
"
Vegalyp wrote:
Still no buffs to skeleton warriors. The increased effectiveness of added damage only applies to flat added damage and not to things like Hatred. So, essentially it's a tiny buff, but only to mage skeletons.

It doesn't? Well, thats odd.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Vegalyp wrote:

It doesn't? Well, thats odd.

Yep. So the added damage buff really only affects the mages that can actually benefit from flat added damage. The melee skeletons are still best served by things like Hatred and added fire damage.
i've found mild success with poison melee skele. added chaos dmg support + envy benefit from the 50% more added damage for stronger poison procs
Just dropping by to post something that has been mentioned in other thread:

Skeletons need buffs to base stats, other than damage. Their accuracy late-game wise is just non-existent. You either go with mages (who ignore accuracy) or are absolutely forced to use Lycosidae. Afaik their accuracy at level 21 sit at ~300 rating, which is beyond terrible. This needs to be increased ASAP. Yes, there is a support for that, but using it will also massively reduce your damage potential.

Other than that, skeletons need some more hp. Their base hp simply doesn't cut it now. While I understand they are supposed to be resummned all the time, I have to use bone offering at all times, otherwise they simply crumble before doing anything. Not to mention that bone offering cannot stop them from dying from DoT (Shaper vortexes, for example).

And while you CAN increase their hp by increasing the gem level, the only ways to do so are:

- Use Minion Life Support
Sacrifices A LOT of damage, meanwhile not doing that much.

- Use Empower
Sacrifice damage unless you are using level 4 Empower in +2 item. If used in +1 item, you will sacrifice damage.
Only two options to date are: Skin of the Loyal and Dialla's Malefaction. Both needs to be corrupted for +1 gems, which is even more expensive. Both take chest slot which limit build options massively.

Other than that, skeletons are still stopping from time to time, doing nothing, when they are trying to reach something. I don't know if this is on purpose (to limit their ability to walk around), but it looks very silly, and decreases skeletons ability to clear a lot.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 31, 2018, 7:42:09 AM
"
Perq wrote:
Just dropping by to post something that has been mentioned in other thread:

Skeletons need buffs to base stats, other than damage. Their accuracy late-game wise is just non-existent. You either go with mages (who ignore accuracy) or are absolutely forced to use Lycosidae. Afaik their accuracy at level 21 sit at ~300 rating, which is beyond terrible. This needs to be increased ASAP. Yes, there is a support for that, but using it will also massively reduce your damage potential.

Other than that, skeletons need some more hp. Their base hp simply doesn't cut it now. While I understand they are supposed to be resummned all the time, I have to use bone offering at all times, otherwise they simply crumble before doing anything. Not to mention that bone offering cannot stop them from dying from DoT (Shaper vortexes, for example).

And while you CAN increase their hp by increasing the gem level, the only ways to do so are:

- Use Minion Life Support
Sacrifices A LOT of damage, meanwhile not doing that much.

- Use Empower
Sacrifice damage unless you are using level 4 Empower in +2 item. If used in +1 item, you will sacrifice damage.
Only two options to date are: Skin of the Loyal and Dialla's Malefaction. Both needs to be corrupted for +1 gems, which is even more expensive. Both take chest slot which limit build options massively.

Other than that, skeletons are still stopping from time to time, doing nothing, when they are trying to reach something. I don't know if this is on purpose (to limit their ability to walk around), but it looks very silly, and decreases skeletons ability to clear a lot.

My only problem with this post is that the Skeleton Warriors move SOOOOOOO slowly, that it's impossible to use them without Queen's Escape and not hating your life. And even with Escape, they are still super slow, just not as painfully slow as before.
Skeleton warriors should get a skill to use that replaces their auto-attack (100% of the time no alternating imo) - cyclone / reave / lacerate or some such aoe / cone attack(or flicker wouldnt hurt -> and would be fun to watch bunch of skellies flickering around).
Could be threshold jewel alternate to skeleton mages (possibly with variants each giving different skill and weapon set - 2h for cycloners, dw for reave etc., sword and board for shield charge)

While not feedback to the gem itself rather suggestion the mages threshold jewel:
* Split the jewel into 3/4 variants (each variant would be skeleton mages of a specific element 4th would be chaos if you would want to go the extra mile).
Necromancer's Ascendancy changes fulfills most of my wishlist for Skeleton Warriors.
I think skeleton mages should cast a physical spell (like the abyss projectiles), so it can benefit more from other auras that synergize with undead minions. Other than I think warriors with bone sculptor are in a really good spot right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info