Summon Skeletons

"
Vegalyp wrote:
Necromancer's Ascendancy changes fulfills most of my wishlist for Skeleton Warriors.

Yeah, the only complain is that gem itself isn't very versatile. You can't quite use it on anything else than Necromancer with Bone Sculptor.

Not that I complain because they are in VERY good spot, but I'd like to experiment with different classes.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
What is the skeleton's base block chance? I've looked around and have found 0 info on this so far. I'm talking about skeleton warriors. I assume mages have a 0% block base due to no shield.
"
Using the skeleton mage Jewel is the only thing that makes skeletons gem semi viable, use spell echo, GMP, skeleton, minion damage and whatever other you want and its decent, but I just link it with my specter too, two birds with one stone. However, its not as good as it could be. You literally have to put all your points, gear, jewels and everything else to supplement your minions, thus making you extremely weak and get one shotted because of the enemy shooting you from off screen, and the fact your minions follow behind you when you move. Which is in itself another huge problem for summoners. There should be a full agressive button to toggle on and off for your minions, so they engage ahead, not behind you and you dont have to keep casting and running in circles, hoping you dont get shot.

I was going to make a lengthy and sarcastic post about Skeletons but this just about sums it up.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
Hello,

I love the summon skeleton skills. The necro ascendancy is awesome! However, the lab enchants are pretty useless when you consider Bone Helmets. One of my biggest problems with skeletons is survivability. Someone will probably say that skeletons are glass cannons and it would be imbalanced if they were invulnerable. You are probably right. I don't want them to be invulnerable. However, could GGG consider a helm lab enchant the increases skeleton global defenses from something like %30 -> 40% (Or more if you like :) )? I don't think that's crazy and it would make one worthwhile lab enchant for skeletons. Thanks!
Last edited by generalchaos on Feb 9, 2019, 2:50:30 PM
I wish summon skeleton used on Unearth would spawn skeleton archers
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Have played melee skeletons build for 8 patches and i like them! 5 points skill. Still wanna see some improvements to behavior, cause they stop all the actions sometimes...
Wanna to see them having skills. Or it would be better, if we can chose skill, using Threshold jewel. (like we chose Elemental hit's damage type)

"
A_New_Player wrote:
What is the skeleton's base block chance? I've looked around and have found 0 info on this so far. I'm talking about skeleton warriors. I assume mages have a 0% block base due to no shield.

its always 20%

Last edited by Uoykai on Aug 27, 2019, 7:49:36 PM
The Skeletons should receive an additional tag "Physical" to put them in line with other physical minion gems like Carrion Golem or Herald of Agony.

Vaal Skeletons too, as they're spawning mostly melee/ranged physical minions.
Last edited by jewelsy2 on Oct 9, 2019, 11:47:40 PM
Hmmm, well something is WAY off with Summon Skeletons (and Zombies) atm.

While leveling the skill felt like -20% damage. But as I entered maps it felt a lot worse (around gem levels 16-19)

I know about the -40% damage they got but I just died to a red map Alira due to enrange timer (1600h+ played, didn't even know this was a thing). Instead of usually melting red map bosses in around 10sec.

So somehow I went from killing bosses in 3-15sec to 2-4min enrage timer. That's not -40% damage...

So the setup:
-level 19 gem (was just doing map with a friend for some Delve fuel, so 2 player hp on boss)
-5 link (skeletons, feeding frenzy which is bad but a must have, melee splash, minion damage support, melee physical damage support)
-necromancer +2 levels and a lot of damage nodes (very similar to the build I've played the last 5-6 leagues)
-Spirit offering (yeah I know the cheese was removed, still same minion damage)
-Despair curse
-Vulnerability curse
-0-3 frenzy charges (from spectre)
-New notable Skeletal Atrophy (so my skeletons do a lot of chaos damage and wither their targets and I reduce their chaos resist, in theory)
-backup minions: 4 link zombies (all damage links in +2 baron helm), 2 spectres (frenzy monkeys)/1 carrion golem with culling

During the fight both my zombies and skeletons had HUGE problems hitting Alira. I don't mean due to accuary (had several nodes + around 150 flat from a jewel even). I mean due to her walking (slowly) around while fighting. My minions just stopped and swung at air, again and again. So that is a large dps loss, but when she eventually stopped to do her wand attack/summon zombies or CE attack my zombies and skeletons still did pitiful damage and I don't understand why.

Something is WAY off.
Alira in burial chambers has soul eater, so if thats the one you're talking about 40% less dmg really is a lot worse than 40% less dmg cuz the fight is gonna drag on a ton and you'll probably kill a lot more ads giving her 90% (?) phys damage redux and max resists on top of nuts speed. She will kill your skeletons too and absorb their souls and it all just amplifies to be worse.
True, Soul Eater is nasty. But my skeletons probably deal more chaos then phys damage with my setup so even if she had 100% phys immunity she should be melting (also not first time I killed her with skeletons, just first time I tried since nerf to skeletons).

I didn't see any "nuts speed" on her, she was slowly sauntering around the room (similar to default player speed).

This is the main problem I think (very noticeable during delirium event as well). Skeletons (and Zombies) just can't hit monster not standing perfectly still (even though they have splash). Like for example the fog monsters (mainly rares) that apparently can't be taunted (7% taunt chance on my jewel I think) and just ignore all minions and beeline it to my poor summoner. I keep trying to walk in tight circles (my records must be something like 3 laps) around my group of minions but the mobs just ignore them, keep chasing me and my minions just swing at air (they move a lot faster then Alira though, so make more sense there, but still very frustrating).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info