Summon Skeletons

I believe the reason for reducing skeleton count is similar to the old srs issue, it is not a matter of players' machines but rather the amount of changes and calculation that occur on server side as minions enter/leave aura radii and similar buff areas

I didn't focus on high skeleton count because I don't like 'ramping up' damage skills (or in this case summoning till cap) and I found and turns out it wouldn't matter if i raise my cap, before i hit the cap in stuff like breaches, the skeletons are still dying to aoe pretty much faster than I can spawn them or more than i am willing to invest into mana (probably flask) ... most ppl go cwc but I wanted all the damage supports for max damage per skeleton !
I really hope Skellies, at least melee ones, get a major HP boost in 3.0.
So while leveling up I picked up a summon skellies shrine. It gave me an idea that would make skellies feel unique instead of a slower variant of srs.

What if summon skellies worked like the shrine a buff that lasted x amount of time summoning skellies as you walked around. Giving you the freedom of fighting with the skellies in some fashion.

Or a Perma buff that summoned the skellies and reserved mana. Something like this would change the skill gem in a way that would separate it from the other summoning skills so it wasn't so comparable.
they are good but too low hp so they die fast, usually on 1 hit even from weak monsters in higher maps, even minion life gem doesnt help and move speed it terrible
Last edited by Tomikxx on Jul 9, 2017, 12:54:51 PM
GGG's new approach to this gem is apparently "Don't use skeleton warriors, don't have many of them, just use skeleton mages and hope they don't get 1-shot because of their absurdly low HP."

My character, Anjalaika was my skeleton warrior summoner. I am not looking forward to the nerf it's going to receive in losing half my skeleton warriors.
Last edited by Vegalyp on Aug 2, 2017, 12:08:51 PM
So, GGG, let me get this fucking straight: Every unique that ever has the wording of "You can use a Divine Orb to reroll these values" allows legacy versions of that unique. But the "To Dust" jewel doesn't get any legacy variants with +2 skeletons?

Instead of legacy jewels I get these fucked up items, which are BELOW the rolls you listed on the patch notes.

Why do you so severely want to fuck with Summon Skeleton Warriors and then lie on your own patch notes?
Last edited by Vegalyp on Aug 6, 2017, 1:27:15 AM
And now after playing with skeletons, I have to say congratulations GGG.

You somehow managed to make skeletons less fun to play and nowhere near as good at mapping. Top tier work there, whichever developer touched this skill, its items, and enchants.

You now have one-half to one-third as many skeletons as in 2.6, and they do slightly less than twice as much damage than before, which is a pretty severe nerf.

They still have awful AI. They no longer "bodyblock" enemies because GGG decided that having more than one skeleton is too gamebreaking, so you lose a shite-ton of defense and the one thing skeletons were actually useful for as a main skill.

So you nerfed their offensive ability, their defensive ability, and their playstyle because you only summon one at a time. And that change to the labyrinth enchant is absolute garbage. 40% from Uber lab? That's absolute dogshite and you know it. And not to mention we don't even get legacy enchants. (Storm call and every other lab enchant you have touched gets a legacy version, but not skeletons? Are you on crack? Where the hell is the consistency?)

And the jewel 'To Dust' is an absolute joke. What a load of shite how bad that jewel is. And 'From Dust' is just as bad. It's a good thing you changed their Jewel from 'Army of Bones' to 'To Dust', because that summarizes exactly what you did to Summon Skeletons. You took them from an Army of Bones and turned them into Dust.

But thank Christ RF and every other meta skill got a massive buff.

GGG, why don't you just be honest with us and tell us to go screw ourselves? You'd save us and yourself a lot of time.
Last edited by Vegalyp on Aug 6, 2017, 1:36:45 AM
New skeletons are terrible. It seems they cannot effectively be used as-is, and instead they were turned into platform for other (looking like) lackluster skill.

You worked so long to make them playable, only to fuck them over at the very end, when they finally made it. The worst part is that it seems it happened for no apparent reason.

Why did you have to remove this kind of game-style? Why not just add another jewels for whatever-you-were-thinking-would-work?

Uncalled and seemingly unfocused change. I have no clue what this was supposed to help with - if anyone of devs reads this (unlikely, but worth a try, since the build is dead anyways), I'd be more than thankful for some explanation how this is supposed to work now, since I have no clue.

For the record: I made around 4 different Skeleton builds in span of over 2 years, monitoring changes (including the terrible Dead Reckoning jewel).
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
After even more testing, my 9 zombies in a 4l now have more DPS than my 9 5l skeletons. Good job GGG.

Zombies are better defensively, offensively, and you can summon them faster and easier.

To whomever 'balanced' this skill, did you even try to understand what made skeletons fun and unique? Or did you just decide that whatever you did would be 'good enough' or 'close enough' and that people could just deal with this skill getting trashed.
Last edited by Vegalyp on Aug 6, 2017, 1:38:46 AM
I bought the statue skill MTX. These changes make me want a refund.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info