Puncture

I think Puncture is WAY above it should be. I just oneshotted Carnage.

I will enjoy it until they nerf the hell outta Puncture for sure...

=D
"
xdjamakx wrote:

=D
how else are you built (aka your tree)? did you "one shot" with puncture via letting the foe bleed out? i'm assuming also via crit damage. from sounds of it, you spec'ed towards puncture and thus its not op but "just right" because you worked towards it.
Hi,

I'm doing a Puncture build and I would like to know if the damage over time can hurt me if the enemy reflect physical damage.

Thx
Nope, just the damage of the initial hit is reflected.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
xdjamakx wrote:

=D
how else are you built (aka your tree)? did you "one shot" with puncture via letting the foe bleed out? i'm assuming also via crit damage. from sounds of it, you spec'ed towards puncture and thus its not op but "just right" because you worked towards it.

If you say its not broken to kill a 70ish uunique Boss in 2,5seconds - im fine!

Just Sayin...

flat x incr x more x vuln x incr dot x vuln x movementdamage is way too much if the Initial damage is a crit with 500% Multiplier...
Last edited by xdjamakx on Apr 21, 2014, 4:00:18 AM
"
Things that will directly affect bleed damage from Puncture (off the top of my head):
  • Projectile damage modifiers (if applied with a projectile)

Does this include projectile weakness ? or not as it is damage taken and the projectile source is lost when applying the DOT ?
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I have encountered a strange bug with puncture. When attempting to down a rare fellshrine zombie, the zombie would take damage from the initial hit but the bleed (while visibly spraying blood everywhere) would not degen the zombie's health.

Video here:
Spoiler
http://www.twitch.tv/plajje/c/3930094

You can see several times a large hit is applied to the rare zombie, enough to degen the entire hp pool for the length of time it continues walking, but the bleed doesn't seem to work.

I have never seen this bug before, but it was very repeatable against this particular enemy (and prevented me from opening the lockbox sadly). I portalled to and from town several times and the bleed never worked.

The links are as seen in this item:

Puncture + melee physical damage + increased duration + increased critical damage.

Ran into this bug again, it was another soul eater rare. There seems to be some issue with puncture against soul eater rare mobs.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
xdjamakx wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
xdjamakx wrote:

=D

If you say its not broken to kill a 70ish uunique Boss in 2,5seconds - im fine!

Just Sayin...

flat x incr x more x vuln x incr dot x vuln x movementdamage is way too much if the Initial damage is a crit with 500% Multiplier...

That's like 8 stacking mechanisms, obviously it will crush anything it touches. That's like saying a mine + totem + conc + discharge shouldn't one shot big health pools with stacked max charges and ele weakness on it (if it could work that way). When you scale something 8 times it will do damage.

I already made a thread about scaling, which is more the issue than the actual damage from puncture, which isn't all that much by itself.

Back onto the bug though, can we get a fix for soul eater mobs plz.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on May 4, 2014, 10:55:05 PM
Just thinking today that puncture seems wasted as an attack skill. I feel it plays like what it should be while losing the possibilities of not being just that.

A 'Support' gem.

The kidnapping of this gem from it's proper support home. It steals away so many delightful build options.

Hopefully a little bleeding brother can be found to fill where he should rightly be one day though. Just think. . .

Having Puncture as a support set up somewhat like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puncture (Bleed) support

Attributes: Dexterity, Intelligence
Keywords: Support
Level Req: 24, 31 whatever
Mana Multiplier: 140%
Quality Bonus: 0.75% chance to cause bleeding per 1 quality.

Gives supported attacks a chance to cause bleeding on hit.

Bleeding debuffs stack up to 20 times.

Base duration 5 seconds. (duration does not stack)

(35 - 55)% chance to cause bleeding on target.

Bleeding targets take (3 to 11)% of the physical damage dealt per second per stack.

Additional (9 to 33)% of the physical damage dealt per second while moving per stack.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a general thinking of how I picture puncture actually being if not even 2 variations on it for more thrusting type of puncture (Bow, dagger, claw, rapier. possibly EK and BT spells)for high stacks of and long lasting bleeds that amp up over time. Vs lacerations (1 and 2 handed swords and axes) for a high dps bleed near 100% dmg but not stacking and only a second duration.

I think of how much fun it'd be to throw together a 2h axe duelist using flicker strike with a bleed support, just to flicker on to the next enemy letting the last poor creature bleed out from the blow. Or to have Dual Axes on a Marauder using Vulnerability, and a Bleed Supported Cyclone.

Then I remember of how a whole game mechanic got thrown away into 1 teeny tiny ol skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info