Puncture

Does the IR/IQ bonus from support gems works with bleeding?
"
UlverUA wrote:

Yes. This was somewhat recently fixed.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
UlverUA wrote:

Yes. This was somewhat recently fixed.

Got a link?

My understanding was that IIR and IIQ could only be applied on the initial hits and not with any DoT ticks/effects like on Puncture's Bleed of Poison Arrow's Poisoned DOT effects.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Link. The item modifiers always worked, the Supports were fixed back then.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 15, 2014, 8:59:18 PM
Has anyone used this with the new corruption of extra arrows so you don't have to use lmp.
"
Kavlor wrote:
Has anyone used this with the new corruption of extra arrows so you don't have to use lmp.

i used the unique bow that gives +1 arrows+LMP with my puncture against mobs and without-for bosses
about the guy who offered Puncture to be support gem-get a weapon with bleeding on hit; your suggestion is OP, won't happend :)
i'm trying crit puncture archer and so far it is good enough /lvl70/, so i can say that puncture is good for archers or crit melee chars for bosses :)
Trying to understand how the new damage modifiers work with each other. "increased DoT" is pretty straightforward, but "increased physical damage" (from passives in 1.2.0) sounds like it should apply two times: on initial hit and then the DoT.

For example:

Base bow damage (physical): 100
Increased Physical Damage: 20%
Increased DoT: 10%

I shoot someone with Puncture, it does:
100 + 20% = 120 damage

In this case, what will be the base for DoT? (not taking into consideration mobile damage and all that stuff)

120 + (20% + 10%) = 156 damage (taking the final damage of the blow and applying both DoT modifiers)
OR
100 + (20% + 10%) = 130 damage (taking the base damage and applying both modifiers)
OR
120 + 10% = 122 damage (not applying IPD at all, because it was already applied?)

First one sounds like the most logical, but you never know.
Last edited by dspair on Aug 14, 2014, 11:56:20 PM
"Bleed" is Physical Damage over Time. It benefits from both Increased Physical Damage (which is already found on a quest reward and various Uniques) and from Increased Damage over Time.
The initial hit is not Damage over Time.

A multiplier cannot apply to the same value twice. However, the initial Hit and the Bleed are both separate values.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 15, 2014, 3:12:09 AM
that honestly doesn't answer his question. if anything it means "oh two out of three is closer to correct, still don't know which are wrong" =p
I've given all the information necessary to find the correct answer (which he has already given in his initial post). The reason I didn't explicitly say A or B is, people often learn much better by doing than by asking.

Actually spoiling the answer though, *I GUESS* :P
Both the initial Hit and the DoT benefit from Increased Phys Damage. It cannot be C.
The initial Hit does not benefit from Increased Damage over Time. It cannot be B.
Ergo, the answer is A, which is further confirmed by "the initial Hit and the Bleed are both separate values" (Inc Phys can "apply twice" effectively).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info