Puncture

If I were to use avatar of fire with a max roll blackgleam to covert 100% of my physical damage to fire damage, would the physical bleed of puncture bleed as fire damage instead of physical?
"
Matsaucem wrote:
If I were to use avatar of fire with a max roll blackgleam to covert 100% of my physical damage to fire damage, would the physical bleed of puncture bleed as fire damage instead of physical?

Nope. you will have dealt 0 physical damage so the bleed will do 0 damage. Note it says "dealt" so it's based off your final physical damage, not your raw pre-conversion physical damage.

Moreover damage conversion never convert periodic damage. Bleeds always do phys dmg, poison always does chaos, and burns always do fire. This is true because periodic damage over time effects aren't technically flagged as "damage" by the game. They are basically health degeneration effects and thus are unaffected by anything that modifiers or improves "damage".

Talisman softcore IGN:disappointment
Quick question

Does knocking back an enemy proc the mobile damage debuff from puncture? Or is it still counted as them standing still and just taking the initial bleed damage?
Last edited by tedthegrouch on Nov 14, 2013, 2:23:46 PM
"
tedthegrouch wrote:
Quick question

Does knocking back an enemy proc the mobile damage debuff from puncture? Or is it still counted as them standing still and just taking the initial bleed damage?
stand still, however the mob will try to move right away unless also stunned.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Nov 14, 2013, 9:06:35 PM
Thanks for the reply, theory crafting a mortem morsu/death's oath, puncture DoT solo build.
"
tedthegrouch wrote:
Thanks for the reply, theory crafting a mortem morsu/death's oath, puncture DoT solo build.
tyr to get burning unless that ends up too much work. should be fine to just crit with added fire.
Skill should just get removed.

UNPLAYABLE, Melee splash + puncture one group -> desynced -> /oos -> next group
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
tedthegrouch wrote:
tyr to get burning unless that ends up too much work. should be fine to just crit with added fire.

Puncture-melee splash-added fire-faster attacks-crit chance-crit multiplier

is what I'm planning on linking
not sure why faster attacks is on a DoT skill, but seems good plan. i wanted to do similar but with dagger(s) to add in adder's touch for a third degen, making 3 DoTs working/enhanced by crit. i couldn't get enough defense though because it was an old build. and honestly, going for a third degen is "going too far" for not nearly that much return.
So, with the upcoming DoT rework, do "increased physical damage with XXX" passives increase both initial physical damage and then apply again to puncture degen? It sounds a bit like they would...but it probably doesn't given GGG's history.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Last edited by TheTenthDoc on Nov 26, 2013, 5:20:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info