Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

Happy to see statsticks on the way out. When Shaper and Elder items came out they were fun for a while, but when I'm hard pressed to find a dual wielding build that ISN'T using a statstick, they might be too powerful.
The amount of salty people unable to think, lol.
"Bv unnerfed, ms still op, no poets pen nerf, wäääh"
You know that the patch.notes comes out tomorrow, right?
GGG have given us years of one of the best games out there, for free! You guys could atleast wait untill the actual information comes out before threatening to quit the game..
"
Lord_Izanagi wrote:
It wasn't about nerfing stat sticks, the change was intended to remove an unhealthy game mechanic, which stat sticks were, regardless of any opinions.

Stat-sticks weren't an unhealthy game mechanic when it was just things like this - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death%27s_Hand

They only became unhealthy thanks to ridiculous Shaper and Elder mods. I'm actually in favor of a heavy-handed approach, but by outright killing all those stupid Shaper and Elder mods, not killing stat sticks as a concept.

Keep in mind we still also have a lot of ridiculous Shaper/Elder pure damage mods on other gear as well. I liked the idea of these items giving us new mods (or sources for existing mods) or additional implicit gems. The problems arose when they decided to stick a bunch of boring damage modifiers on them as well, which completely outclassed anything else in the game. That's what needed nerfing (and on more than just stat sticks), not the stat stick mechanic itself.
Build diversity was so coool, don't make the Accendancy so specific please
nothing for Two handers ?
Last edited by olorin84 on Dec 4, 2018, 1:14:06 AM
Lol.

Melee is still garbage

Statsticks are still king.

Much changes. So much wow
It make sense to nerf stats stick for melee imagine a warrior who fight with a powerful sword and a weak stick just for magic stats.
come on stats sticks is like a glitch for melee char.
For spell caster its different ,its magical stats.

but I agree melee char will need a serious buff
cant wait for the start of the league!
How are your maps, exile?
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Lord_Izanagi wrote:
It wasn't about nerfing stat sticks, the change was intended to remove an unhealthy game mechanic, which stat sticks were, regardless of any opinions.

Stat-sticks weren't an unhealthy game mechanic when it was just things like this - https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death%27s_Hand

They only became unhealthy thanks to ridiculous Shaper and Elder mods. I'm actually in favor of a heavy-handed approach, but by outright killing all those stupid Shaper and Elder mods, not killing stat sticks as a concept.

Keep in mind we still also have a lot of ridiculous Shaper/Elder pure damage mods on other gear as well. I liked the idea of these items giving us new mods (or sources for existing mods) or additional implicit gems. The problems arose when they decided to stick a bunch of boring damage modifiers on them as well, which completely outclassed anything else in the game. That's what needed nerfing (and on more than just stat sticks), not the stat stick mechanic itself.
I've kinda the same feeling. I don't understand why they didn't limit some shaper/elder mods combination instead of balancing this way.
I'll accomodate with it and i'll also wait the patch note. But i may do a BV build for the first time instead of going for Reave which i used during Delve for the first time and quite liked.
That will do ☺☺
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info