Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

I would like to post one comment about dual wielding.

Across almost all single-handed weapons I see, the main, main reason that dual wielding sucks is that none, I really can't think of any 1h weapon that gets bonus when you equip another weapon. I can't even think of many, if there is any weapon that writes "while dual wielding" in any of their stats. Yes you get some basic buffs for dual wielding but how does that make it better than either so much more defense on shield or one gg weapon? You can only compete if one weapon enables another so that they are stronger than using any of themselves, with certain skills. If you are not creating things for dual wielding, then it won't work. The only case I have seen is when you have to equip the same unique item on both hands just to either double down the same buff (dual void battery, dual singularity, etc), or to avoid half of the time not getting the buff (dual bloodseeker). So yea, dual wielding never really meant to be good. You might wanna start from here first.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Unique rebalance
The patch-notes tomorrow will cover a large number of unique item rebalances. Some of these are simple numerical changes, while others are closer to redesigns.

The following principles were applied in looking at rebalancing unique items:
  • Any item that drops very rarely should be justified in being that hard-to-find. Many very rare items have been improved, while a few were made more common.
  • Unique items that are acquired through specific high-tier bosses (for example, Elder and Shaper Guardians) should be balanced upwards where they were not up to par.
  • Unique items that dramatically affected diversity in an item slot would be addressed, either by nerfing excessive power, or by looking at what else was available in that item slot.
  • Items which were relatively very strong, but did not damage diversity could be made more rare.

While many unique items were adjusted, this is an ongoing process, and some items that may have deserved a change by the above principles might not yet be addressed.

Will wait to see full patch notes, but these "principles" are concerning -- they are either poorly worded or, as they currently stand, are so open to interpretation in the design-to-execution transition that they are likely to lead to unintended changes that do more harm than good.
Nerf Zerphi's Last Breath ggg pls
ING:@Blaeknight
30# Characters LV100!
11/21/2019 Kalandra Drop!
Stat sticks removed? Dual Wield buffed? I love this league.
No 100% immunity nerf?
Explain me for what silly reason I can no longer use Sunder + Randomonehand + Prismatic Eclipse?

Shaper mods are the problem. Let only allow one "gained as extra" on your weapon and don't try to fix things that aren't even broken. This only destroys pseudo dual whield.
Thnk thats the end of poets Pens? and Zerph Flasks?
"
colossalaiur wrote:
I would like to post one comment about dual wielding.

Across almost all single-handed weapons I see, the main, main reason that dual wielding sucks is that none, I really can't think of any 1h weapon that gets bonus when you equip another weapon. I can't even think of many, if there is any weapon that writes "while dual wielding" in any of their stats. Yes you get some basic buffs for dual wielding but how does that make it better than either so much more defense on shield or one gg weapon? You can only compete if one weapon enables another so that they are stronger than using any of themselves, with certain skills. If you are not creating things for dual wielding, then it won't work. The only case I have seen is when you have to equip the same unique item on both hands just to either double down the same buff (dual void battery, dual singularity, etc), or to avoid half of the time not getting the buff (dual bloodseeker). So yea, dual wielding never really meant to be good. You might wanna start from here first.

Well, the act of dual wielding itself comes with bonuses though:

"
10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding

You don't get those innate bonuses with any other weapon style(1h, 1h+Shield, 2h, etc). And the *more* multipliers on damage and especially attack speed isn't really anything to scoff at, especially when stat sticks aren't an option. And if they really wanted to buff DW'ing, rather than add more "DW dependent weapons", they could just increase the innate stat gain.
+1
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
BUFF SPECTRAL THROW PLEASE :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info