Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
Twink wrote:
Hi hi!

Might be that I'm really new around here and thus why I don't get some parts of these changes, at all...

Can someone explain to me, please:

1> What's the difference now, between https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Double_Strike and https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dual_Strike? Are they removing one of these?

3> How will the channeling on this work https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blade_Flurry? Will it choose a weapon once I start channeling and keep it till I release it or switch between weapons mid-channel in some really weird, really non-intuitive way?

4> https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blade_Vortex doesn't use the weapon DPS, right? And also can be used with any weapon type...so you can still DW these "stat sticks" with it, just fine?

Point 1: The difference is predominantly the damage vs bleeding enemies, but second to that there is the difference that dual strike attacks concurrently with MH and OH and double strike alternates (in 3.5).

Point 3: The channeling on this skill already alternates between MH and OH, there will be no change. This is not unintuitive, lots of skills alternate between hands.

Point 4: Spells don't use melee weapons, no. Yes, still works with BV, EK, GC etc.

You get a pass for having very little time played, but your questions are actually answered within the links you provided.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
Since I've started playing, there have been few changes to my style of play. That's because I chanced into a moderately good build that will get me well into red maps, within my first few attempts. Though I have made changes, my game play has varied very little. As with most balancing changes this doesn't even concern me... I'd play something else if i could get it to work, but why make things any harder on myself.
Fairgraves 1:21 Naked came I out of the sea, and naked shall I return thither; GGG hath given, and GGG hath taken away
Were you really that rushed to nerf stat sticks that THIS is what you came up with?

This is worse than you're planned change to frenzy and power charges (making them specific to attacks and spells), and doesn't fix the problem AT ALL while effectively deleting several uniques and a couple skills (just like the change to frenzy and power charges would have).
Last edited by elvenchakra on Dec 3, 2018, 10:55:09 PM
1) Stat stick changes. Don't listen to the cry babies telling you you needed stat sticks to play melee. I've been playing melee builds since 1.3 without stat sticks and it's fine; just not op. They never tried without and are angry now.

That being said; i get why the ''nerf'' gets implemented like this, but the change seems to signal you don't really seem to get the issue with them: the mods were too strong; not just on melee and they made most of your uniques and certainly all other rares redundant. So now that still counts for BV and GC i guess. But the problem with this change is that if i want a mace skill and convert 25% of my phys to chaos via Innsbury Edge i can no longer do that either. Ergo: this change hurts more than just the 40/40/20% added damage stat stick builds. Pity, but i get why you implemented it like this.

2) Slow effect cap at 75%? For anyone wondering; this is a Karv nerf i think : )

3) ES recharge change is probably very good, unique rebalance might too.

4) Cast on ... cooldown reduction. Can this count for Cast while Channelling too? Would be sad if it got left behind and right now it feels a bit clunky.

5) Archetypes in PoE? A bit limiting perhaps, but so are/were ascendancy choices once you made them but it was less visual because of the bonusses you gained. Example: want stun immunity? better not play a ranger cause the options there don't synergize with most ranger accessible builds on the skill tree.

6) Seems like we'll be getting self-casting buffs/changes in 3.6 or 4.0 I can wait for that; nice to hear it will be addressed at some point.
you should nerf stat sticks for sure but this is not right way to do it. I think best way to do it is only one extra damage modifiers can roll on items. That way both physical spells and melee builds nerfed equally.
Yay more gifts to the legacyied-gentry! A bigger fuck you to SSF! HH EVEN MORE IMPOSSIBLE TO ACQUIRE! Awesome!

/sigh
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Kind of confused here. Doesn't the stat stick change just mean the actual dmg on the off-hand weapon matters now for melee? Before you could slap whatever you wanted in the offhand and as long as it had the shaped mods it didn't matter. With the nerf the actual stats matter now correct? It really shouldn't hurt dmg by a whole lot. It will be a nerf but not the end of the world.

If that is the case I really don't see the issue. Basically if you go dual wield you really are dual wield. Now all the need to do is add "with attack's" so they don't work with the phy's spells and call it a day.
"
Ashriel wrote:
Mostly looks good, but the whole Archetypes bit kind of goes against the whole philosophy of Path of Exile's game design, I feel. Adding skill-specific modifiers, especially to Ascendancies, feels much more limiting than it does expanding with new options. I want to make a spellzerker. I want to go chaos, poison DoT inquisitor, and make it work. That does not seem like the road being gone down any more.

+1 :( this makes me bored faster in mid of leagues...in theory we can play whatever we want, but in practice we lose like half the dps or core mechanic if we do not play x-y classes and its gg 0fun.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
awesome read. rip in peace stat sticks.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
RIP melee. You guys really have no fucking clue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info