3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

How do you activate Arcane surge?
I can not activate it by Sanctuary of Thought

sorry, Resolved.
Voidbringer was the key
Last edited by karu3 on Dec 23, 2018, 8:46:58 AM
Hey dude love your builds.
i want to ask something,is the double dipping calculated on the pob or not ? thanks.
First off thank you very much for the build. I have never played Occultist before and I am having a blast.

Gear:

Would it be possible to forego the Incandescent Heart? I crafted the chest and don't necessarily want to give it up :)

Any pointers I am missing on my gear?

Plans:
Upgrade Amulet
Swap to Auxium? (Is this for the freeze effect and not so much power charges?)
Craft and switch to dagger - NEED FORT FOR RED MAPS (Top Priority)
"
Gabel26 wrote:
First off thank you very much for the build. I have never played Occultist before and I am having a blast.

Gear:

Would it be possible to forego the Incandescent Heart? I crafted the chest and don't necessarily want to give it up :)

Any pointers I am missing on my gear?

Plans:
Upgrade Amulet
Swap to Auxium? (Is this for the freeze effect and not so much power charges?)
Craft and switch to dagger - NEED FORT FOR RED MAPS (Top Priority)

Hi glad you're enjoying it :). Bascially incandecent heart is the core of the build, because it gives huge elemental damage reduction and HUGE amount of damage. Your build wont be doing much dmg without it. you need a chaos ammulet like the one I have, take a look at my gear

My gear is def not the best and needs upgrading, but I was able to do almost all content in hardcore ;)
Last edited by Some_Day on Dec 24, 2018, 4:52:46 AM
Have you considered Cold to fire support instead of Controlled Destruction? It looks like it allows us to triple dip, from the numbers I'm seeing?
"
LostOsk wrote:
Have you considered Cold to fire support instead of Controlled Destruction? It looks like it allows us to triple dip, from the numbers I'm seeing?

Yep, just use it for bosses. Get a while socket craft on chest from vorici safe house
Stupid question here but while leveling, are you suposed to rush to Runebinder without taking any of the damage nodes on the side or should I be grabbing them as I go?
This question is related to an earlier version of this build.

If you use eldritch battery and mind over matter there is no need for chaos resistance right? because chaos damage will go to mana, and since we don't need mana we don't care (i have 100% of it reserved for auras anyway). Am i right? Feels unfair. I must be missing something?
from mind over matter on official wiki:

Eldritch Battery and Chaos damage
If the node Eldritch Battery is chosen energy shield protects mana instead of life. This energy shield will absorb the converted damage before it is applied on mana. Since chaos damage bypasses energy shield the chaos damage will then be applied directly on mana.
Big QOL for mapping is good links for Brand Recall. So far I've put Empower, Brand Recall, level 6 Arcane Surge, Flame Dash as link. Both Flame Dash and Brand Recall proc surge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info