[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"
puppapuppa11 wrote:
Need help, what can i upgrade? Actually i can do t13-14 but i'm a bit in trouble with syndacate

Some things you could do:
- Figure out if your damage is good enough.
- Replace boots with +life and mana
- Your shield is pretty mediocre, can/should be replaced

Otherwise, syndicates are a bit more annoying than regular mapping. One thing that helped me stay alive is to NEVER stand still. Drop 1 set of mines, move away, detonate.

I'm using a Bear Trap + Vaal RF + Inc Duration setup to burst them down. Most of the time I don't hit bear trap, but Vaal RF is 39% more damage.

thanks for the reply. Damage for now is ok, i kill usually t14 boss in 4-5 detonations.

Ok for the change for boots (also if i lose crit chance?).

For the shield what you suggest?
"
darksage48 wrote:
Hello, thanks for the great guide. I enjoyed playing arc miner. Just wondering, is it me or is there some extra skill points that weren't allocated in the guide? Where do you recommend to add those extra points if there is any (extra jewel slot? increased crits? increased ele dmg?)

You're probably not looking at the endgame tree. I'm lvl 94 and I have all passives used. Next 3 are either Throatseeker or 2 mana nodes + jewel.

"
hitmantb wrote:
I am a little torn between minefield and a damage dealing gem. Minefield basically doubles my life regeneration and mana regeneration (with watcher's eye), but also halves my burst damage as I love to lay down 10 mines and put down totem, boss eats 10 mines as soon as they are up.

I think dualwield version is much stronger, just so much damage! And you only lose like 300 HP, block chance is identical to dual wield. I think dualwield version is more damage than tremor rod.

Anyone tried low life version? Just curious which one of these two builds do you guys think is stronger:

Level 100 HC MOM/Acrobatic Arc Mine - https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/poyokuma/Monchan_mine

Level 100 HC Low Life Arc Mine - https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/eMbbuZomg/twitchtv_embbuzomg

The regular version has 30% damage taken from mana before health (MOM), 30% dodge, 30% spell dodge, 80% resists.

The Low Life version has well over 8K energy shield that is boosted by Sabatuer's amazing passive (20% per second), free wrath without wasting a gem slot, and 30% MORE spell damage.

Karv is doing LL Arc Miner right now. You can look into his build.
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Jan 2, 2019, 6:43:02 AM
Lvl 94, still enjoying the build :) Shaper down, 1 death cause I missplayed and got hit by shaper ball, which stunned me and ate a 2nd shaper ball -.-"

Unavailable

To people having any issues:
- I'm farming red maps with 10k tooltip comfortably, without +1 mines helmet. Don't focus so much on your tooltip. Get life/mana on your items instead.
- Focus on your playstyle. Don't flame dash into a pack and THEN put down your traps. You're supposed to keep half a screen distance between you and enemies.
Last edited by Th3LoRD on Jan 2, 2019, 7:10:26 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This is a brilliant guide. Bravo!

I'm not actually using your build but I am crit arc-mine.

Just dropped this bad-boy. Do you think it's overkill?

I kind of think I don't need more damage. Thoughts?
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
T14 deathless red elder on SSF gear.

Unavailable

Time to respect CI?

I would go lowlife with pressence of chayula and shimmeron if you want to get ES based.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
darksage48 wrote:
Hello, thanks for the great guide. I enjoyed playing arc miner. Just wondering, is it me or is there some extra skill points that weren't allocated in the guide? Where do you recommend to add those extra points if there is any (extra jewel slot? increased crits? increased ele dmg?)

I think that is the tree up to level 95 if I'm not mistaken
"
hitmantb wrote:
I am a little torn between minefield and a damage dealing gem. Minefield basically doubles my life regeneration and mana regeneration (with watcher's eye), but also halves my burst damage as I love to lay down 10 mines and put down totem, boss eats 10 mines as soon as they are up.

I think dualwield version is much stronger, just so much damage! And you only lose like 300 HP, block chance is identical to dual wield. I think dualwield version is more damage than tremor rod.

Anyone tried low life version? Just curious which one of these two builds do you guys think is stronger:

Level 100 HC MOM/Acrobatic Arc Mine - https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/poyokuma/Monchan_mine

Level 100 HC Low Life Arc Mine - https://poe.ninja/challengehc/builds/char/eMbbuZomg/twitchtv_embbuzomg

The regular version has 30% damage taken from mana before health (MOM), 30% dodge, 30% spell dodge, 80% resists.

The Low Life version has well over 8K energy shield that is boosted by Sabatuer's amazing passive (20% per second), free wrath without wasting a gem slot, and 30% MORE spell damage.

I switch out minefield for ele focus when I go into bosses, otherwise minefield is superior for mapping imo.

Lowlife version is really strong too, but not good for beginners imo, which I made the guide for. Also it's a lot more expensive.
"
puppapuppa11 wrote:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"
puppapuppa11 wrote:
Need help, what can i upgrade? Actually i can do t13-14 but i'm a bit in trouble with syndacate

Some things you could do:
- Figure out if your damage is good enough.
- Replace boots with +life and mana
- Your shield is pretty mediocre, can/should be replaced

Otherwise, syndicates are a bit more annoying than regular mapping. One thing that helped me stay alive is to NEVER stand still. Drop 1 set of mines, move away, detonate.

I'm using a Bear Trap + Vaal RF + Inc Duration setup to burst them down. Most of the time I don't hit bear trap, but Vaal RF is 39% more damage.

thanks for the reply. Damage for now is ok, i kill usually t14 boss in 4-5 detonations.

Ok for the change for boots (also if i lose crit chance?).

For the shield what you suggest?

Switch the body for loreweave > cloak of defiance > rare chest pristine fossil crafted

The boots are okay, but I would definitely pref life/res/movement speed boots. If u want some extra dps you can put a hollow fossil into boots.
"
AnActualHorn wrote:
"
hitmantb wrote:

I switch out minefield for ele focus when I go into bosses, otherwise minefield is superior for mapping imo.

Lowlife version is really strong too, but not good for beginners imo, which I made the guide for. Also it's a lot more expensive.

I thought enemy being shocked is a gigantic DPS upgrade as seen in POB?

Elemental focus removes the ability to shock hence it can not be used unless you have other means to shock?
"
hitmantb wrote:

I thought enemy being shocked is a gigantic DPS upgrade as seen in POB?

Elemental focus removes the ability to shock hence it can not be used unless you have other means to shock?

Ok guys, lets get into the topic of shock: POB shock calculation always assumes a max-shock. See wiki for how its actually calculated. E.g., a max-shock against Shaper would require a 1.8million hit, difficult to achieve even for arcmines. If you hit him for like 450k, which is very much doable, you 'only' get a 12% damage increase instead of the 50%. On the other extreme, against trash mobs shock does nothing as it is not applied on the first hit that should already kill them. There is of course a sweet spot in between, but ele focus is way more consistent and reliable damage. However, you also miss out on the extra crit chance for lightning spire trap if you go for ele focus, so who knows really.

The only easy case is mapping: If you want to shatter, you cant use ele focus.

I decided on the following bossing setup (guardians, shaper, red/uber elder): arc+remote mine+ t&m damage + ele focus + added lightning + controlled destruction (currently 5.3m shaper-dps in the optimal case with flasks+vaalRF+beartrap)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info