[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
kchan821 wrote:
For people have done Uber elder, is kaom's roots really needed. I know it's good to have for the siphon and I never tried Uber elder before (i did shaper and red elder).

Also, would anyone be kindly point me out what improvement i can make gear wise or gem link (the green sockets are for bear trap and vaal grace for hard bosses, but I doubt I have much time for bear trap for uber elder)?

Character is Keniff

I have done Uber elder deathless with and without Kaom's roots by now. It is definitely easier with the boots. The siphon is a stronger version than the one red elder uses. You could get a belt with resist to fit the boots in.
Either way, most people seem to be killing uber elder with this build without too many problems. Just don't stand still or walk towards or away from shaper. Best run in circles and burst them down quickly.

As for your gear: the hybridcraft spelldmg/asextra is clearly stronger on a weapon or is that league specific? (or invest in a completely new one) belt&ring look a bit weak, too.

And gems: main setup looks good for bossing. I generally prefer vaalRF over vaalgrace for bosses to burst them down quickly, but neither one is that good for uber elder because of the many phases. If in standard, maybe you have an old quantity gem for a culling setup? I don't know what other crazy options are available in standard though.
Last edited by chochom on Jan 3, 2019, 8:09:15 PM
Just getting started with this build. I'm sure I have some obvious upgrades to make. Am open for any advice with gear/gem selection that I have!!
How about this dagger for the build?

That dagger will work fine. I use daggers because I prefer whirling blades for movement
I may have missed it but when putting arc in helm (have the 6l helm setup) whats 6th gem should go in chest?

got lightning spire, trap and mine damage, added lightning damage, lightning penetration, controlled destruction. what about the 6th? I could just throw golem in this spot but is there something else i should throw in for the 6th?
Also a question on the gem links.

I now have a +mine helm and a 6l Loreweave and I am unsure if to put Arc into the helm or into the chest and what to add to the 6l.

I know there is probably not a "best" answer, but atm I feel a bit lost.

Changing Arc from helm to chest actually gives just one more link, as remote mine is already on the helm. And putting Lightning Spire into the helm feels weak, as it is lacking some punch in a 4l. Is it actually worth laying in a 4l?

I see the guide recommending Arc in the chest and Lightning Spire in the helm, but most people seem to do it the other way round.

And help is greatly appreciated :)
Last edited by Carmion on Jan 4, 2019, 3:24:40 AM
yea i am confused on gem setup as I see the setups all over the place. from what i can tell with a 6l helm arc goes there and lightning on chest. also see the survival/qol gems all over the place on which are used. I am guessing the qol does not matter as its whatever fits our style?
If we get a couple of jewels with added cold damage could we replace added cold support with something else? Since we should still shatter mobs reliably?
IGN@ HuckMcAmp
"
Kountry wrote:
If we get a couple of jewels with added cold damage could we replace added cold support with something else? Since we should still shatter mobs reliably?

I was wondering this last week. I switched out added cold for Trap and Mine Support. You don't shatter anymore but I don't miss it. The jump in damage is too much to care. You will blow through packs of mobs with one or two mines.
So the new part added in gems except the picture contradicts the writing. I am assuming you personally are using a couple gems differently.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info