[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"
I've been leveling in SSF with this guide and I absolutely love the leveling guide that comes with it.

Is there any reason why you don't take Acrobatics or Phase Acrobatics though?

We actually take Acro/Phase Acro later, around mapping level. Idk if it's better to take it early.

In the video and the updated PoB he didn't take the acrobatic nodes, that opened more jewels slot and power charges.
"
caladblog wrote:
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"
I've been leveling in SSF with this guide and I absolutely love the leveling guide that comes with it.

We actually take Acro/Phase Acro later, around mapping level. Idk if it's better to take it early.

In the video and the updated PoB he didn't take the acrobatic nodes, that opened more jewels slot and power charges.

Ah my bad. I think he has 2 versions, a tankier one and and a more damage one.

Picked up this beauty for 1 alc and slapped on the enchant. Sometimes you just get lucky and find a real bargain on trade.

Arc tooltip dps jumped 5k XD
Last edited by jhneoh on Dec 29, 2018, 7:33:03 PM
"
Th3LoRD wrote:
"

"
Nikfu wrote:
Spoiler

Have about 2 ex to spend and thinking of what to upgrade next. Thought about getting a 6linked Loreweave but then I found my current chest and spent a few fusings to get my needed links. Any suggestions?
Also I don't really like smoke mine and I don't feel like I need spell totem + detonate mines so that frees up 4 links from gloves. Probably gonna replace cold snap in cwdt with phase run btw.

You want to replace the helmet with Remote mine + place an additional mine.

"
hitmantb wrote:
A few things I learned from playing this build.

a) Replacing add cold damage / increased critical => traps and mine / elemental focus is a 46% damage increase. Even if you want to shatter, you should definitely replace increased critical with elemental focus for a free 18% damage increase with no real negatives. I will go without shatter I think, going from add cold damage to traps and mine is 23% more damage overall. I am clearing T15 map monster packs in one shot and I don't really see the point of shattering (yet).

2) At this point, lightning spire trap on a 4 link just can't compete with arc for damage and safety, especially against moving targets. Your best bet is to stand nearly a screen a way from the boss and spam mines, never have to aim. Throwing/aiming with a trap bring you closer to the boss than necessary. I stopped using it and just puts down a detonation totem, pop my diamond flask and spam mine from max range. Just melts everything.

3) In my opinion if you are going to take a shield, a shield like Lioneye's Remorse is much better than a spell damage/crit shield. Lioneye's Remorse takes care of our physical damage problems. Death just hurts too much in this game.

Level 98 vs Shaper, level 21 Arc

Dualwield: 63880 per hit, 5536 health, 10% block
Spiritshield: 53934 per hit (-16.5% damage), 5726 health (+3.4%), 10% block
Lionseye: 48676 per hit (-24% damage), 6108 health (+10.3%), 20% block, 6% extra physical damage reduction

I think I am going to play with Lionseye until I am level 100, then dual-wield all the way when there is no longer death penalty. This is an extremely safe build, we are really just playing around the 1% because that 1% chance to die cost you many hours of experience.

4) You should try to get a weapon with most possible damage stats, not focus on a specific stat. For example extra elemental damage as non-chaos damage is amazing, but it is also super expensive and weapons with it even while sacrificing other stats, are priced much higher.

Here is a simple search to get really nasty weapons with 400 or more combined damage stats cost a little as 10 chaos.

http://poe.trade/search/imanokawomaook

Have you dropped Minefield after getting the +1 mines helm?

Thanks for the tips!

Something like added lightning damage or controlled destruction is slightly more than double the damage of minefield powered arc (which placed 4 mines at a time instead of 2).

But against bosses you can often put down 10 mines during start/transition phases and detonate them all for massive burst damage and minefield's "lay down twice as many mines at half damage" is just not as useful.
Last edited by hitmantb on Dec 29, 2018, 9:08:43 PM
How the fuck are you supposed to craft a +1 mine helmet?

Dumped over 200 alts into each of these helmets, saw %mine damage at least 10 times, have not seen +1 mine EVER.

If you're not playing SSF, just buy one, they're not expensive.
Last edited by GROJCHAMP on Dec 29, 2018, 10:54:40 PM
"
3. Traps get free frenzy charges from the Master Sapper node, no such node exists for mines. These nodes are also located near phase acro and are convenient to pick up.

Wait, I thought this is a mine build
Very new to POE. Never managed to get past act 1 with nay guides. However with this guide I'm into act 5 and have ascended :) very fun and detailed. Just one question, how did you manage to throw more than one trap per charge in your video? Has this been changed in a patch? I can only throw 1 per charge. Thanks again!

Hello,
what about chaos res? Do we need it capped or we will be safe with -60%?
"
If you're not playing SSF, just buy one, they're not expensive.

SSF. Got bored of doing trade league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info