[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Tourage wrote:
2 Important Questions:

1. Whats your definition of better? The guide suggest to use added cold to better shatter mobs. If you dont care about shattering just use another gem.

2. Just to make sure if you werent aware. +1 mine is global. So it will work with gems socketed in your chest too. Replacing minefield with something like elemental focus is a significant damage increase.

"
Edeka wrote:
Question:

How good does a Scepter, Wand or Dagger need to be to beat Shimmeron?

Can't use PoB right now. Thanks for helping!

Check this link:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/q4OkjWHg
Any of these wands should be a DPS increase. Do you see the line starting with "SUM: xxx"? Click on it to sort by. The higher that number the more damage you'll do. If you dont see "SUM" you may need to refresh the link.
Last edited by kingzero753 on Dec 23, 2018, 10:20:51 AM
Thank you! That's actually really helpful. But what are those weights based on?

Also, why do you choose a wand over a sceptre?
Last edited by Edeka on Dec 23, 2018, 11:15:56 AM
"
Edeka wrote:
Thank you! That's actually really helpful. But what are those weights based on?

Also, why do you choose a wand over a sceptre?

I am using this tool to calculate the mod weights:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9lyeoc/official_trade_site_weighted_sum_search_generator/

This link:
https://gist.github.com/ldbenoit/af5ac311b6d1aa4a6652020c55e5ab3c
explains how you can modify PoB to automate most of the process. Otherwise there is some copy&paste involved.

If you click on show filter on the search page you can choose a different category, e.g. scepters.

You can also use the search to look for rings, amulets, belts and jewels that increase your damage. Though you might need to lower the number next to "weighted sum".
"
Edeka wrote:
Question:

How good does a Scepter, Wand or Dagger need to be to beat Shimmeron?

Can't use PoB right now. Thanks for helping!

Shimmeron now deals 200 Lightning damage per second per Power charge (down from 400). Using a Divine Orb on an existing copy of this item will update that item to new these values. Shimmeron will also deal that damage to you if your skills have dealt a critical strike recently, rather than just you. That means you will take the damage if any skill (including a trap, totem, or mine) deals a critical strike.

So now shimmerons are bad for most of builds (unless you have realy high lightning max res and huge regen)

If you think about pure dmg i think 85ilvl shaped platinum kriss with t1 spell damage t1 global crit multi with elemental as extra chaos dmg and crafted lightning dmg to spell would beat shimmeron in terms of dmg. But i may be wrong.
I have been doing similar calculations. @kingzero753, do you have a way to generate this automatically?

Otherwise, for the weights, you go to PoB, deselect your wand, and then check how much dps all the things give you.

You should obviously not restrict yourself to just wands as scepters are only missing 2% increased (assuming both optimal) and even daggers can be competitive, though rarely.

Also keep in mind that this calculation is not the full picture, as 1. A shimmeron build should use a different passive tree for more power charges 2. It does not account for shatter/shock from crits 3. shimmeron reduces your regen/survivability (@Iean we do have great regen) 4. the calculation is purely additive and misses synergy effects

Edit: thx kingzero!
Last edited by chochom on Dec 23, 2018, 12:11:59 PM
"
chochom wrote:
(@Iean we do have great regen)

I know we have great regen but still 2x shimmeron with 5x Powercharge is 2k dmg- resists lets say without loreweave is around 500 dmg also you can find yourself on map with -max res or ele weaknes and it will make your degen even higer.
"
Iean wrote:
"
chochom wrote:
(@Iean we do have great regen)

I know we have great regen but still 2x shimmeron with 5x Powercharge is 2k dmg- resists lets say without loreweave is around 500 dmg also you can find yourself on map with -max res or ele weaknes and it will make your degen even higer.

absolutely agreed, you want a Loreweave there.

On the more general topic: For most setups and, lets say, a budget of up to 3-6ex for a weapon, the best choice almost always seems to be a multimodded weapon. E.g., a shaper wand with 20% as extra and 4 crafted mods or a weapon with two really good mods and 3 crafted affixes. This one was 3ex and is pretty much BiS in my setup:
Spoiler

I don't understand the gem links in this guide because the ones recommended are not the ones that OP is running on his character. I'm also curious what gems would go best for arc in a 4 link with the +1 mine helm and lightning trap in a 6 link. Lastly, is vaal arc necessary? It doesn't seem to change anything about the actual dps of arc but the character sheet dps goes way down when swapping from vaal arc to arc.
these Daggers seem usable

need 9% more research so I can use my level 3 Jorgin on this

and hopefully get increased damage or maybe Quant
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Dec 23, 2018, 2:48:01 PM
Hey Great build! i just have some doubts since i never played a build like this

how and when should i use lightining spire traps? why do we use it?
how do you play using arc mines? you place once and detonate? how many mines u place before detonating?

i need to click detonate everytime?

thanks for the help!

Obs can i use this exact build with lighting trap?
Last edited by XulaZ on Dec 23, 2018, 3:41:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info