[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
Hosein009 wrote:
this build looks fun and i wanna make it , just a quick question , can i do hogm deathless with this build?

I had never cleared HoGM before - But I did it with one death (my own stupidity) the other day for the first time.

You should be able to do it deathless if you play smart.
So for anyone who is at the min-maxing stage, I was experimenting on PoB earlier and I think anointing Crusader on our amulet should be a dps increase.

"
Crusader
Clear Oil/Golden Oil/Golden Oil
8% increased maximum Mana
Transfiguration of Mind (Increases and Reductions to Maximum Mana also apply to Damage at 30% of their value)

Replacing Destructive Apparatus for this, we'd lose out on the defensive portion of 10% reduced damage dealt but I'm not sure how that procs or if it's dependent upon the mines being undetonated.
Last edited by etherel90 on Jan 8, 2020, 12:53:50 AM
Could someone take a look at my build?? I am fairly new to playing mines and feel like I am missing something or a lot of somethings. Any advice is much appreciated
Last edited by laffytaffany on Jan 8, 2020, 12:58:55 AM
Spoiler
"
etherel90 wrote:
So I decided to go for crafting a weapon since I feel most of my other gear is set.

I ended up with this:

Unavailable

I'm very annoyed right now because in my excitement, I crafted the wrong prefix, so there goes 2ex down the drain. I'm going to recraft as soon as I can get a couple more ex and change the "7% Lightning as extra chaos" to the Spell Damage + Non-Chaos as Extra chaos mod.

To anyone who has been asking questions or wondering about crafting a weapon, here's what I did. Be prepared, just for the multimod + one of the mods, you're looking at 3ex and that's not counting the anulls+alts you'll need, so make sure you know what you're getting into.

Spoiler
1) Get an ilvl 85+ Void/Opal Shaper Sceptre. (For wands or daggers, I don't know what base you want). Void/Opal both have the highest Elemental Damage Implicit, just different attribute requirements.
2) Alt spam until you hit "Gain #% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" Prefix. ilvl 85+ can have the highest tier at 8%. Mine rolled T2 but I had a great suffix so I kept it. Depending on your currency, use an orb of augmentation every time you hit a 1 suffix no prefix roll to see if can augment on the prefix you want.
3) If you get your Prefix roll and a bad suffix, annul and augment until you get a good suffix or your prefix gets rolled off, then back to step 2. I think in the current economy it is more cost effective to annul at this stage because I was only hitting that prefix on average 1 time out of every 40-60 alts.
4) Once you get your prefix/suffix combo, regal and hope you get a good 3rd mod. If not, annul and hope it's the bad one or scour and back to step 2.
5) Time to Multi-Mod. This mod comes from a recipe in the Pale Court. You can either get it yourself or sometimes people give this away or sell in Global 820. It also costs 2ex to craft this.
5) The way Multimod works now is "Can Have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers." This, in itself, counts as 1 of the 3 mods and is also a Suffix. So depending on whether you rolled a prefix or suffix with your Regal, you will have either 2 open prefixes, or 1 prefix 1 suffix left to craft.
6) For your first prefix you want Spell Damage + % of Non-Chaos as Extra Chaos. This is a mod that comes from Veiled It That Fled Weapons. You can buy veiled ITF weapons from the official trading site. At Rank 3 this caps out at 50% increased Spell Damage and 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as Extra Chaos Damage. This counts as 1 prefix for both mods, which is great. Tier 3 costs another exalt though, so it's expensive.
7) Your last mod will depend on whether you have an open prefix/suffix and what mods you rolled from your original suffix and regal. But those are the basics.

Hey bro, been grinding and I just tried my first attempt a sceptre. I got an iLvl 86 Shaper void sceptre and got Lightning damage to spells and 96% critical chance for spells, I regaled it and then annulled the regal affix so I still have those 2. My question now is, why did I annul it? Do I have to start over now since it’s “can have 3 crafted modifiers” and I’ll only end up with 5? So the method would be a little different now since it’s no longer truly multi it’s just 3 and the multi counts as 1. Correct?
What to do now? Scour?

Edit: does it not matter bc the prefix I’m looking for initially is %of non chaos/elemental as chaos. Wondering which order you got the affixes kinda
Last edited by Al Kharid Guard on Jan 8, 2020, 1:28:31 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"

Hey bro, been grinding and I just tried my first attempt a sceptre. I got an iLvl 86 Shaper void sceptre and got Lightning damage to spells and 96% critical chance for spells, I regaled it and then annulled the regal affix so I still have those 2. My question now is, why did I annul it? Do I have to start over now since it’s “can have 3 crafted modifiers” and I’ll only end up with 5? So the method would be a little different now since it’s no longer truly multi it’s just 3 and the multi counts as 1. Correct?
What to do now? Scour?

Edit: does it not matter bc the prefix I’m looking for initially is %of non chaos/elemental as chaos. Wondering which order you got the affixes kinda

I hope I am understanding correctly, but you need to get % of elemental damage as extra chaos as the prefix while it's still a magic item. So just alt spam until you get that and a good suffix. Then you regal it and hope the 3rd mod is good otherwise you'll want to start again.
"
laffytaffany wrote:
Could someone take a look at my build?? I am fairly new to playing mines and feel like I am missing something or a lot of somethings. Any advice is much appreciated

Spoiler
You're off to a good start but here are some changes.
1) In your arc helmet setup change it to Arc -> Minefield -> Trap and Mine Damage -> Inspiration
2) Change the 6link setup to Ball Lightning -> Elemental Focus -> High-Impact Mine Support -> Inspiration -> Trap and Mine Damage -> Slower Projectiles for your single-target. Ball Lightning will scale better off of any increased lightning damage % you get. And get a 6L Loreweave when you can.
3) Anoint your amulet. Destructive Apparatus is good.
4) You should be using Skitterbots and it's nice to link them to infernal legion to proc your Explosives Expert Ascendancy.
5) Your skill-tree is missing the Acrobatics/Phase Acro stuff. That's a big defensive bonus. You can look at my tree for reference.
Just started this build and really enjoy it. Currently my clear speed is good with arc, but my single target damage with pyroclast mine is really lacking. Could anyone take a look at my gear and give me feedback? Thanks!
"
inco2 wrote:
Just started this build and really enjoy it. Currently my clear speed is good with arc, but my single target damage with pyroclast mine is really lacking. Could anyone take a look at my gear and give me feedback? Thanks!

As long as you don't have a &l on your loreweave I would probably buy a cheap 6L with some life and resist on it and use it instead. You really need a 6L single target spell this league and it is what makes this build so strong.

Also just so you know the Innervate in your helmet does not really work with mines because mine skill the target not you, so you don't get the buff which gives you added lightning damage. Another added damage to spells would be better since it also buffs you single target spell.

Also you might want to think about trying out ball lightning. From my experience and what I am reading it is just the superior damage spells for this build.
Spoiler
"
etherel90 wrote:
"

What to do now? Scour?

I hope I am understanding correctly, but you need to get % of elemental damage as extra chaos as the prefix while it's still a magic item. So just alt spam until you get that and a good suffix. Then you regal it and hope the 3rd mod is good otherwise you'll want to start again.

So there’s no point in annulling now with the changes to multimod? & yeah I thought about that after that I probably need to get the non chaos roll first. Honestly probably still going to multimod this one because it’ll be a huge increase in damage either way and then continue to make more and gradually switch them out. Just pissed I annulled off a very decent roll thinking I could still have more than 3 crafted modifiers.
Should i be running Zealotry, Precision and Skitterbots? or is this too much reserved mana?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info