[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

@Z-Ro:
You have (even for a lvl 51 character) way to less life on your gear.
Even picking up random 3l or 4l rares at your point should give you better gear than you currently have.
Build feels a bit squishy at first, but you dont need to die so much if you put life(even with crafting) on your gear. 4k when you start mapping is advisable. 3.5k if you can life with some deaths. Basalt Flask etc also improves your survivability.
Last edited by Karlchenkeule on Mar 11, 2019, 11:37:25 AM
please update tree I can pretty much guess what to change but would be nice to see what you would do now
Last edited by riakon24 on Mar 11, 2019, 11:54:13 AM
"
Z_Ro wrote:
Fucking impossible to level as a league starter, died 150+ times before lv50.
Nice fucking build 15/10

That is on you, not the build.

Your gear needs some rework, and why did you take so many points from the passive tree that were just not necessary?

You could have taken more life nodes, instead you've spend a ton of points on jewel nodes? What for? Do you have THAT good jewels to socket in them?

You should have went towards life+ acrobatics instead of spending those points on eldrich battery when you barely have any energy shield+crackling speed and lightning damage+jewel sockets. Life+survivability comes first, that is why you constantly died.

You made the build completely the wrong way, not only do you not have even basic starter gear, you also went for the wrong passive points from the tree.
Last edited by Nosferat on Mar 11, 2019, 1:17:10 PM
I love the build. Using it as my leauge starter for Synthesis and its a lot of fun.

One thing i noticed is that movement skills like Shield Charge are not that great in the new decaying memory zones.

Skills like leap slam and Flame Dash are much more usefull in there.

I do really like the idea of Lightning Warp but i am unsure if its a good movement skill. It feels kinda slow/clunky.

Is there a way to make it work as good as leap slam on melee builds or should i just go flame dash?
Last edited by Reaktorbot3 on Mar 11, 2019, 2:32:47 PM
For those levelling this and unsure on what to do with your points after Coldhearted Calculation, I would suggest doing this as a temporary measure:

I'll let Demi decide on the usefulness of Lethal Assault and Fangs of the Viper in light of the changes to the tree, but I think Lethal assualt is worth taking now that it's only one extra point (was previously two) and I'm only using Fangs of the Viper for levelling but I'll respec out of it once I'm getting closer to lvl 95.

Someone mentioned Wise Oak not being worth it any more since the patch but I'm too ignorant to digest all the patch notes. What's changed that makes Wise Oak or damage flasks different this league?
Last edited by xw_ziggy on Mar 11, 2019, 3:08:48 PM
"
Reaktorbot3 wrote:

One thing i noticed is that movement skills like Shield Charge are not that great in the new decaying memory zones.

Skills like leap slam and Flame Dash are much more usefull in there.

I do really like the idea of Lightning Warp but i am unsure if its a good movement skill. It feels kinda slow/clunky.

Is there a way to make it work as good as leap slam on melee builds or should i just go flame dash?

I don't like the limited range of flame dash, so I use Lightning Warp in a 4L:

Lightning warp
Faster Casting
Less Duration
Swift Affliction (4L)

Don't worry if you only have a 3L, Swift Affliction is the weakest support gem for LW, only put it in there if you have a spare gem socket doing nothing.
Using a non-melee moment skill (FD, LW) would mean that Fortify Support wouldn't work. How big of an impact would that make?
Last edited by TekTrixter on Mar 11, 2019, 3:11:11 PM
It depends on your playstyle but I sucked at keeping the fortify buff up, and I died more to the short range of flame dash than anything else.

Fortify is pretty potent but remember that you need to regularly dash through the boss to keep the buff up and for me the majority of my use of lightning warp is to get out of poo on the floor or maximise distance between me and the thing I'm trying to evade/kite. In both cases, I'm more concerned about the distance covered and the speed of that travel. LW beats FD for that if you use it with faster casting and less duration.
"
Z_Ro wrote:
Fucking impossible to level as a league starter, died 150+ times before lv50.
Nice fucking build 15/10

wtf ? I'm a NEW player. Started at the end of last league. I'm level 77 and started maps last night with this build. I think i've died twice.. maybe three time from not paying attention. Killed Act 10 boss deathless which I died about 10-15 times on last league.

Not sure what you're doing wrong but you need to look at the guide again.
Amazing build, man. Very fun.
-Filter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info