Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

i think i'm too stupid or bad to accomplish anything. I can't facetank Mino for sure. ;)

i have tried uber elder a few times now (7-8 times, first time was also my first try), but it feels like i can't beat it.
I recently switched to Mark / Shaper Ring, next try will have that as well. Maybe if someone takes a look at my Tree / Items and tell me if i'm missing something obvious, that would be appreciated.
I read through all Pages of this Thread, and i just can't find something.
Maybe i just suck :D

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAANlBAcEswVCBbUGQAZ3Bx4I1Aj0DkgRLRGWE98b4BzcH1sgbiP2JpUo-ioLLJwtHzBxMHwyGDLRNZI31DpCOlhBh0GWQixFR0WdRwZJUUt4TLNNklAwUUdTMVNSVUtVxlfYXfJh4mKsY0NnTmpDbIxtOm93cFFwUnNtew17X3yDfll_xoLHg9uD8YnTjDaNfY2_jxqP-pANlPGVIJUumAaa4J2qoHmiAKKjrrOzA7TFtz63dbiTuZO86sBmwfPC7MMJ0B_Q0ND11CPYVNi92-fdqOik6-7r9e0_7hXv6_Af8NXw-fId8kXydfLh-Jf56P1K_go=?accountName=harter_morgoth&characterName=EdgarWasser_

Last edited by harter_morgoth on Jun 28, 2018, 2:23:11 PM
"
i think i'm too stupid or bad to accomplish anything. I can't facetank Mino for sure. ;)

i have tried uber elder a few times now (7-8 times, first time was also my first try), but it feels like i can't beat it.
I recently switched to Mark / Shaper Ring, next try will have that as well. Maybe if someone takes a look at my Tree / Items and tell me if i'm missing something obvious, that would be appreciated.
I read through all Pages of this Thread, and i just can't find something.
Maybe i just suck :D

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAANlBAcEswVCBbUGQAZ3Bx4I1Aj0DkgRLRGWE98b4BzcH1sgbiP2JpUo-ioLLJwtHzBxMHwyGDLRNZI31DpCOlhBh0GWQixFR0WdRwZJUUt4TLNNklAwUUdTMVNSVUtVxlfYXfJh4mKsY0NnTmpDbIxtOm93cFFwUnNtew17X3yDfll_xoLHg9uD8YnTjDaNfY2_jxqP-pANlPGVIJUumAaa4J2qoHmiAKKjrrOzA7TFtz63dbiTuZO86sBmwfPC7MMJ0B_Q0ND11CPYVNi92-fdqOik6-7r9e0_7hXv6_Af8NXw-fId8kXydfLh-Jf56P1K_go=?accountName=harter_morgoth&characterName=EdgarWasser_

Your profile is set to private so no one can see your characters. You have to change your settings to allow people to see them.
"

Can you give some details about where your struggling?

You should also be using shaper ring to avoid stun from elder. If we can better understand where your falling short we can help. Beam, balls, slam, frost thing, circles?

At 91 with only 5.1k life I was able to get 'touched' but most mechanics and not be 1 shot.
Last edited by nixonx on Jun 28, 2018, 7:37:21 PM
i managed to do it with 2 portals left, although it didnt feel smooth at all but squishy.
the shaper balls one shotted me, which i was able to mitigate by, well, mitigating them, an aquamarine flask helped too.

i think my mistake was that i thought i need to evade _everything_, which is a hard thing to do.
i also still need to learn the phases better, watching videos didnt help too much in the hectic of the fight (I'm obviously not a natural ;) ).

if i do it more often, it will get better, im sure.

but a question remains: how do you facetank minotaur? :D

Thanks for your replies.
"

Well timed flasks and dodge.
"
nixonx wrote:
"

Well timed flasks and dodge.

this always made me laugh. I want to stand before endgame boss like dummy without moving and kill him! :D You just need to dodge some of his mechanics which can one-shot you, anything esle is tankable
fun build - thank you!

Picked this up for shits n giggles. Adds some nice damage.

Any thoughts on using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_of_the_Council with the 12% increased arc dmg per chain enchant? I'm looking a helmet with the enchant and it's one for sale currently . I don't really need more resists but I would lose some life if I swapped to that.

Current gear:
Hey Sequel. Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge and build, it's much appreciated.

I've taken MoM and have an effective life of 6k (incl MoM at pretty close to the efficient ratio). This is 4.35k life, 1.65k unresevered mana. I run Clarity and Wrath (essence worm), and a mana pot.

My mana regen is 135/s.

I note you said you'd need a lot of mana regen to be able to use the CWDT-Blood Rage setup. Can you explain why this is and whether 105 mana regen/s is sufficient? I thought MoM doesn't protect against degens (like Blood Rage)?

Many thanks again.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jun 29, 2018, 12:01:35 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Hey Sequel. Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge and build, it's much appreciated.

I've taken MoM and have an effective life of 6k (incl MoM at pretty close to the efficient ratio). This is 4.35k life, 1.65k unresevered mana. I run Clarity and Wrath (essence worm), and a mana pot.

My mana regen is 135/s.

I note you said you'd need a lot of mana regen to be able to use the CWDT-Blood Rage setup. Can you explain why this is and whether 105 mana regen/s is sufficient? I thought MoM doesn't protect against degens (like Blood Rage)?

Many thanks again.

P.

MoM = 30% damage taken from Mana before life. Blood rage degen is 4% of your life as phys damage, lets say you have 4000 life = 160 life / s degen -> MoM 30% = 48 mana / s

PSA you can power your life regen with 50% life regen rate as it stated in GEM section of this build with CWDT + blood rage + immortal call + Soul of Arakaali pantheon (50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently) -> Blood rage will pop immortal call, immortal call stops degen = you have 50% increased life regen
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 29, 2018, 1:20:56 PM
Are you sure MoM-mana is subject to degens like blood rage?

EDIT: Confirmed, blood rage does not degen mana, so I don't see any reason that MoM wouldn't work well with this Blood Rage setup, unless I'm missing something further. Ie, You don't need any mana regen to counteract blood rage degens.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jun 29, 2018, 2:06:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info