Bestiary as a Core Game Mechanic

That is bad news...I count that GGG implement it in game...but without challenges in style "Complete Fully Bestiary"...
There was a lot of work put in it - It is a pity that it will now waste.
Bad news, very bad news...I liked bestiary until last 40 monsters left to catch...Then I understand that better to do 1500 augmented maps (have 217 that time) than looking for those 40 beasts...but for my luck i finished last other possible challenge and cant do complete bestiary and 1500 maps :)

Also leave someghow crafting of aspect skills in game...
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
Last edited by PromaG on May 8, 2018, 12:30:20 AM
3 Main Points:

- As a mechanic of PoE, it's good that it was tested even if it is out of place for the game.

- It could become a separate game of it's own existing in the same universe.

- Please Keep Aspect of the Crab, Cat, and Saquine in the game as prophecy only drops (not as a crafting mechanic but as a drop from a rare monster the way Uber Atziri and rare prophecies give encounter only drops). Keep them in the traditional way.
Last edited by ThunderBiome on May 7, 2018, 11:52:16 PM
Thank you for not putting this into the core game. I get that you guys put a lot of work into it. but i'm very happy that you didn't keep it as a core game mechanic. it's really something that on paper sounds great or different. but in practice in the real world of the player base it doesn't really pan out.

I'm glad you guys can put aside your own feelings what ever they maybe or are able to take in observations that show opposite of what might have been the main direction.
Good to hear this. While I appreciate the effort you put in this, I have to say that Beastiary was maybe the least fun to play in ages. Very annoying league.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Standard players get screwed again.

I´m sad and happy at the same time.
It was nice to see the menagerie, craft some harbinger orbs, hunt the legendary beasts (still at 3 out of 4 though).
But I also shouted at my PC when a net simply didn´t work, when I killed a beast I tried to capture... and at the end, I simply ignored the beasts completely.
Mechanics were too unpolished. And thank god that annoying flood of recipes will never return.
I'm honestly glad Bestiary is going to feel like a wild summer vacation that's just going to be a "story" memory to tell years down the road.

I also hope that makes a learning point going forward, don't put such crazy unrestricted effort into something that may end up being rejected by the community. That just leaves GGG open for disappointment, and the players as well. It's best to make sure you make something intuitive and enjoyable, like a romp out to the water park or a night at the theater, rather than this giant 3 week long National Lampoon's Vacation across the United States getting into trouble every 20 miles.

As far as losing Bestiary's mechanics and such, I'm actually relieved. There was no way to keep up with Bestiary crafting going forward with all the new League stuff coming down the pipe, just like how people have started to forgo prophecy as time went on because of the time investment required. For those that finally do give up on these things ...they're at a disadvantage for merely being overwhelmed or burned out; while the game as a whole, as well as the trade market, are being balanced / based on a small group of players still "abusing" these systems as much as they can to earn currency and gear.

Bestiary would have just led to the game going in a direction that far too few people were going to follow over time ...yet the game would always be looked at as if everyone would be including it into their runs. That leads to a lot of poor future designs and balances to the game, for something ( like Prophesy, Sextants, Elder Rings, etc. ) that the majority of players never end up utilizing. "If you don't want to do it, then don't" doesn't apply in those types of situations, because you're still affected by it even if you personally don't interact with it.

And for that, I'm glad GGG is "biting the bullet" and dropping Bestiary going forward for the core game ( and hopefully in general as far as future designs go ). That's a load of stress / disadvantages I don't have to worry about anymore.
it is not poke game that all
Game is soooo hard, life is sooo rough
Absolutely disappointed. With some fixing up, this would be a great core mechanic, and missing out on content from the system because of shitty RNG gating access to the bosses, which won't be available at all after the league ends, is a huge letdown.

I can also see the professional complainers on Reddit having a field day with this news.
I know this is a hard decision. Very few game developers are able to do this. But this is why Path of Exile is fun every league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info