Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
ChanBalam wrote:
"

I'm still terribly curious how they're gonna rework OG for the socketless system.

Me too! I also hope that OG will also be found along the new Acts track.

I dont see that happening. OG is, rather coincidentally, OG, as the first campaign will be by then. In order to put OG in the second campaign they would need to create a grind to get it (no bigs) and then mimic my style for 7 acts worth of commentary (also no bigs really) but then make that mimicry true and faithful to the Goddess of Swords which frankly I can't even begin to do deliberately most of the time. If they tried, I wouldn't want to know about it. I think Rhys really 'got' her and I know Nick has the chops to write amazing dialogue but OG's "voice" is the collision of my 8 years of PoE, a huge mess of ideas almost constantly roiling in my head, and a helpless combination of tones and views that swing from mode to mode too easily to be sane, but too naturally to be merely manic. I simply don't control it...at best, I temper it. At best.

In other words, hold my hand Baby, kiss me I love you Good luck.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"

I'm still terribly curious how they're gonna rework OG for the socketless system.

I dont see that happening. OG is, rather coincidentally, OG, as the first campaign will be by then. In order to put OG in the second campaign they would need to create a grind to get it (no bigs) and then mimic my style for 7 acts worth of commentary (also no bigs really) but then make that mimicry true and faithful to the Goddess of Swords which frankly I can't even begin to do deliberately most of the time. If they tried, I wouldn't want to know about it. I think Rhys really 'got' her and I know Nick has the chops to write amazing dialogue but OG's "voice" is the collision of my 8 years of PoE, a huge mess of ideas almost constantly roiling in my head, and a helpless combination of tones and views that swing from mode to mode too easily to be sane, but too naturally to be merely manic. I simply don't control it...at best, I temper it. At best.

I think the short answer is that GGG has a huge task in doing all new acts and all the other stuff that they say will be in PoE2. Leaving OG as part of the old acts only is no brainer way to make it slightly less work on the table. I mean I would love it if they did it because I personally anticipate rarely leveling a character through the old acts again but, I still doubt it.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"

I could imagine smth like this:
every (unique?) item with 6L per default (TR, OG) gets a special unique Modifier saying 'socketed skills in this item will always have room for 5 sockets' or smth similar.
This leads to the question, how would this line interact with their implementation for 6S gems. IDK.
relax - it's just ones and zeros!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
"
ChanBalam wrote:

I think the short answer is that GGG has a huge task in doing all new acts and all the other stuff that they say will be in PoE2. Leaving OG as part of the old acts only is no brainer way to make it slightly less work on the table. I mean I would love it if they did it because I personally anticipate rarely leveling a character through the old acts again but, I still doubt it.

Meh, short answers are for chumps.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on May 12, 2021, 8:00:38 AM
"

Meh, short answers are for chumps.

yup
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"In the landscape of nature the flowering branches grow naturally, some long and some short."
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
I'm honestly just expecting them to break it when PoE 2.0 hits. Which will be sad, but hey...

"
Did alright, had my fun,
I'm gonna walk before they make me run ...
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
I might actually farm one again. I like the starved environment that is not flooding you with loot and mechanics.
for the first 2 or 3 levels, every drop could be an upgrade. Then you only pick up blue items, slowly get to rares and, if you're lucky, a unique (other than OG, of course).
Finally you're decked out in about the best gear that can drop on Twilight Strand but there's always the hope that the next rare ring that drops has slightly better stats.

And finally you reach a point where you manage to get Brutus down BEFORE he can draw the sword out of his chest and regenerate to full life. :)

Last league I farmed an OG to make a CoMK character, but that didn't really work so well, probably because of poor choices (other than choosing CoMK in the first place, I mean).
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Unfortunately I’m committed to using a shield in my current build.

Farming Brutus regardless for a Tabula using the league mechanic gimmick. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Alright, let's go for that TecSlam totem.

Lvl 7 10% :

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info