Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
SavageGrace wrote:
Just got my Oni from Uber Hillock.

Either they buffed him (or his spawned zombies) or I need to go back to my old build. This build died a lot. I don't think I ever died to him before.

I think he got a buff for Heist. Some builds may not have noticed as much. I ran a variety of characters for Oni just for fun, and he definitely seemed tougher for a few of them.

Seemed about the same as he ever did to me <shrugs>
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
Unquietheart wrote:
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
SavageGrace wrote:
Just got my Oni from Uber Hillock.

Either they buffed him (or his spawned zombies) or I need to go back to my old build. This build died a lot. I don't think I ever died to him before.

I think he got a buff for Heist. Some builds may not have noticed as much. I ran a variety of characters for Oni just for fun, and he definitely seemed tougher for a few of them.

Seemed about the same as he ever did to me <shrugs>

It could just be my build. I wanted to see how a marauder could do. I also have 2 duelists who will probably suffer. It's okay, just experimenting. I've done it "the right way" for a few seasons, now, so wanted to see how the wrong way turns out. The battle just takes a lot longer, and/or requires dying a few times with a marauder, I guess.

"
SavageGrace wrote:
It could just be my build. I wanted to see how a marauder could do. I also have 2 duelists who will probably suffer. It's okay, just experimenting. I've done it "the right way" for a few seasons, now, so wanted to see how the wrong way turns out. The battle just takes a lot longer, and/or requires dying a few times with a marauder, I guess.

Well, like Shagsbeard, I usually use a Scion for a strand runner.

I haven't ever spec'd into the speed boost, but it is a big reason a lot of people use her. She also starts with the Spectral Throw gem.

Spectral Throw has automatic pass-through (piercing?) and hits everything in its cast horizon. So it's possible to hit Hillock through the crowds of undead he summons. Also, it's just close enough that he won't usually leap-slam you.

Kite, toss. Kite, toss. Kite, toss. etc.

If you don't like the Scion as a build base, you can always just swap characters afterwards.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
Last edited by Unquietheart on Apr 19, 2021, 8:59:37 AM
"
de99ial wrote:
So now we know that there are changes. To me getting 2 of them in Abyss was kinda hard took me two days. Im a bit concern how long it will take me to farm those in Bestiary.

I will give it a try netherless but i will put time frame for it like week or so, because i want to play league not spend it in Strand. As usuall im going SSF.

What You gonna do?

Pls, dont change this topic into constant whining.

I have better to do than wasting my time to farm virtual crap without worth.

Grind/Farming begins in a game, i am out.

Sorry for the players that 24/7 ruin their life...

"
tuccos wrote:

Bold statement considering the genre of this game.
"
"
tuccos wrote:

Bold statement considering the genre of this game.

Some people play this as an economic simulation. Let them. Wish they'd just let us play our way too.
"
tuccos wrote:

<shrugs> It's fairly valuable at the moment. It usually is early in the League, but regardless, that's not why most of us (here in this thread) are interested in it.

The reason we're interested is because it's a guaranteed 6L drop that scales with you as you level. All it requires to obtain is a little perseverance.

SSF folks like that. Especially us old casuals.

My recollection is that Charan pretty much made it specifically for us. YMMV.

And, just in case he actually checks the thread: Thanks Charan, once again.
Made it to maps. Forgot how hard it is to max elemental resistances using this sword.
"
tuccos wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
So now we know that there are changes. To me getting 2 of them in Abyss was kinda hard took me two days. Im a bit concern how long it will take me to farm those in Bestiary.

I will give it a try netherless but i will put time frame for it like week or so, because i want to play league not spend it in Strand. As usuall im going SSF.

What You gonna do?

Pls, dont change this topic into constant whining.

Whatever you do, don't look into the games by GRINDING Gear Games. :)

Also, 3 of my Onis (in previous leagues) were acquired while TV commercials were playing. Didn't feel like ruining my life.

And Friday, when I could only log in for 2 minutes before disconnecting, I switched from playing act 1 to grinding the strand. Grinding the strand was far less irritating than getting dc while adventuring.
its rly good and fun sword so worth it <3
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info