Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Hang in there exiles! For those bored and looking to compare drop rates:

Looted 3 Oni's this league

Ran 5 Scions.

Got 1 at level 6 and thankfully was geared for the encounter.

The other 2 dropped at level 8 (both of them 25% to level 9) almost back to back.

Last edited by Vastrose on Jul 28, 2021, 3:23:09 AM
150+ hours.. no drops yet...
Uh...that doesn't seem right.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Drop it if you mean drop from the task of farming one to buy one.

Bought one. Played a couple of days with it. The degen was too annoying to have to fight constantly. Sold it.

Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 18, 2021, 2:54:14 AM
"
VogonFu wrote:
kind of doubt it... had mine in about 15 hours i think
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I created 3 characters(SSF-Expedition), the one that got Oni:
Scion, ~4 Hours, Level 8.04, IIR 20% (if this matters)
You could say I got total of 14 hours farming it! Will continue with the other two...
"
VogonFu wrote:

Unless you are not going all the way to Hillock, I don't see how this is remotely possible.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"

I'm still terribly curious how they're gonna rework OG for the socketless system.

Me too![/quote]

An easy solution would be that any gems socketed in it, all have the full possible gem links on those gems.

"
ChanBalam wrote:

I also hope that OG will also be found along the new Acts track.

GGG could have a way for characters to progress from the old Acts track to the new acts tract - with some specialized vendors to convert items maybe?
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Apparently its a gap of at least a decade
Not that anyone's really cared much about vasual time travel in ARPGs before but that's a big jump im either direction.

One thing I loved about Wolcen: there was no time travel. Once you cleared act 1, SHIT CHANGED and that was that. Easy to do when you have a random dungeon mode inlocled for all characters after finishing the story just once but damn I wish other ARPGs could be so committed to rhe irrevocable, to consequences of events.

Since the Atlas is outside of time and space, GGG could easily make their campaign a one and done with no time travel and turn Mapping into an endless leveling experience for alts but eh they didn't do it eight or so years ago when we first suggested it. I don't suspect it will ever happen. Such a waste of the most elegant random dungeon mode I have ever seen. Wolcen's is clunky and basic but it exists and so for me it wins by default.

Anyway no. My guy says OG is due to die with PoE '2' as a sickly reminder of that time they let a cashed up supporter overstep his bounds. Everything of mine in PoE is a legacy of a different GGG, one that didn't use templates for supporter designs. One that needed folks like me, and I am very glad I found them in that time of need. I can think of fewer things I'd rather spend that money on, even now, than so amazing a project and so talented a core group of devs and staff.

Leave OG on the beach when it is time to do so. As Charan himself said, someday no one will even know what a sword is for, if no one picks it up. I don't know if he was right or not, but I'd like to believe he klis...even if it may be because people qho can throw dazzling arrays of mass destruction effortlessly will have no need for one. :)
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
If OG dies with PoE2, I will hug mine in Standard and wistfully reminisce from time to time.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info