Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

I'm really interested to see what build ideas will come from First to Strike, Last to Fall, and aiming to get Adrenaline permanently, or almost permanently.

Note that it's 100% increased Damage ... not melee or physical, just pure Damage. This could be pretty fantastic.

Going almost-low-life, with just over 35% life unreserved, and using blood magic with a movement skill is certainly one idea. It will mostly be rather hard getting a lot of ES with a duelist ... and then of course you've got to be immune to chaos damage, or you can go for a lot of life regen and high chaos resist. This would mean you need ES leech, and have life regen. It might feel a little odd, but could work.

Secondly, you can go for a hybrid character, with a lot of life and maybe 2k+ ES. Then, you use coruscating elixir to take you down to 1 life, but you regen ES quickly ... and use a flask that gives you instant life when you're on low life. Use those two flasks in order to get a rather good lot of bonuses. You'd want life regen and life leech, and almost ignore the ES when it comes to defences, as that's mostly there to keep you alive when you use the elixir. Instead of using the elixir, you could insteaduse an aura with blood magic, turn it on and then off again. More annoying, but it doesn't require flask charges to use it ... you'll still of course want to use flask charges to heal yourself, but those can be recovered fairly easily using a certain pantheon.

The first idea is going to be hard to implement due to the position ... the second will be risky.

What are your thoughts?
The Trickster Shade Form is replaced by Escape Artist :(

This is horrible for my RF LL build, basically a -1300 ES and -13% evade chance with my current gear.
+1 ES per 6eva on body armour, instead of old +250 ES ? Fantastic with a shav ...

Let's just change the ascendancy class of my build :/

Wiil go Guardian, like every RF LL will now :/ And as i have no guardian build, i must start from scratch, and with 2-3 max hours play/day (SSF), i will finally not play bestiary.

SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Feb 26, 2018, 5:04:59 AM
Damn, Terminus Est Flicker Slayer got nerfed with this update a dacent bit. Lost stun immunity, and has to pick headsman over Bane of Legends after having the two switch places...

Sucks a whole bunch, I loved the culling and all but the worst part is probably losing the stun immunity.
"
LoloTwingo wrote:
The Trickster Shade From is replaced by Escape Artist :(

This is horrible for my RF LL build, basically a -1300 ES and -13% evade chance with my current gear.
+1 ES per 6eva on body armour, instead of old +250 ES ? Fantastic with a shav ...

Let's just change the ascendancy class of my build :/ Probably Guardian, like every RF LL will now :/

Yeah, it depends on the build. But if you use a decent ES helm, even say The Vertex, you could gain 1250+ evasion.
If you use a high evasion body armour, you can still gain 200-300+ ES as well. You're high about this with shav's though.

I'd suggest you see what headgear you could use that would give you as much ES as possible, thus a lot of evasion. As long as your headgear isn't mandatory, you'll get much more evasion. Then it's just the ES to think about, so maybe take more ES nodes on the tree. The other nodes being improved should compensate, and give you life/ES/mana on kill, etc.
Have a think about things and you'll hopefully be able to work out a way :)
So the classic cylone slayer isnt really nerf no ? Just lost stun immunity but gain take no reflected physical damage and some area of effect ?
elementalist can now have 5 golem easy with huge damage boost... i hope necrommancer can have huge buff like it or its stupid to give ele +2 passive golem and huge damage and necromancer 0 or 1 passive golem and equivalent damage... what do you think about it ??
"
muzic7xfreak wrote:
It is per remaining chain. Suppose magma orb chains 5 times. First hit you have 5 remaining chains , so 50%more dmg for that hit. Then you have 4 remaining chains so 40% more for the second and so on. Its especially great for bosses i would assume.

Well, there might be an issue with how this is coded. It's not 100% certain that Magma Orb's chains count as "remaining" chains, since it functions differently from other chains. They don't chain, they bounce in a linear fashion. But if it does work as you said, then it can be a nice ascendancy for it, even if it is just for that one node. 60% more damage is crazy enough. Add Gloomfang on top of that and you have some serious damage.
Its as if scorching ray trickster would be the craziest go-to this coming league.. insanely easy to build and massive damage buff, not to mention pairing it with occultist for that matter
Scion... as long as Slayer ascendancy keeps its leech on full life and raider ascendancy keeps its Frenzy on hit i'm happy.
Would it be possible to have the video ones turned into picture ones too? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info