Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

"
BeyondSenses wrote:

but yes, you could easily be "smart" and equip that, but some builds and some people can't afford losing a ring slot to sybul's, cause they need their res capped.. so even if someone was smart enough to do so, it wouldn't make a difference, cause you would just die due to uncapped resistances..

since 3.2 single reflect mobs are trivial and if u cant afford to reroll reflect-mod from a map you should buy some alchs/scours.

"
BeyondSenses wrote:

so stop your smartass attitude about being "smart"..
It's not like i don't know my way around this game you know..

talking about reflect is talking about reflect-mod on maps, because there is no other seriosu issue. if you are willing to spend 2 points into crap. go for it. but dont glorify it.
"
Redreaper21 wrote:
"
BeyondSenses wrote:

Weird, that's exactly what you sound like
I can easily overcap my resistances such that I can afford to replace a ring slot any time, which anyone should do anyway so they don't have to reroll elemental weakness maps

Okay, so if you are a fire flicker Oro's build with Kaom's heart chest, Oro's weapon, and focusing on life for more leech + chaos res for abyss bosses, then you can EASILY get 135+ res in all 4 resistnaces, combined with let's say +50 chaos res, so that's 195 all ele res + 110 chaos res on 1 ring, helm, gloves, boots, belt and amulet?

Do the math dude.. unless you can afford ex worthy gear as league starter build/mid season build, your resistance is screwed by switching to sybil's ring, just for doing reflect.. much cheaper to just reroll maps or sell them and buy new ones, if you lack the currency to reroll them..

You need 695 total res/chaos res to hit this, and with amulet, ring, helm, boots, belt, gloves, that's 6 items.. so you need an avg of 115+ res/chaos res on all your pieces, and you also need life on it, oh and ofc some armor or ev.

Yup, sounds easy and legit to me..
Not everyone comes by alot of currency or items, but apparently you got it easy in this game..

So drop the attitude, and get real man.. it's NOT EASY for EVERYONE to just drop a ring slot, to get full reflect immunity.. and for those who CANNOT drop that ring slot, this new change is worth ALOT!
Last edited by BeyondSenses on Feb 25, 2018, 8:34:18 PM
"
BeyondSenses wrote:

I pitty your passive aggressive tone :)
Sorry to hear that you have to waste 2 points in your OP as fuck build.. must be shame to finally see some ascendancy balances, when it's your build that is not getting buffed..

interesting conclusions you perform.
im not blaming a slayer-nerf, i am blaming the fully uninspirational "changes". keeping useless reflect-protection and onkill-bs.
and looking at your name -> nomen est omen.
Why are the images named such funny things?

Hamburger Recipe
Batman and Robin
London New York
Normal Shapes
Wagon of pancakes
and of course... Occultist file name.

"
Zirpe wrote:
"
BeyondSenses wrote:

but yes, you could easily be "smart" and equip that, but some builds and some people can't afford losing a ring slot to sybul's, cause they need their res capped.. so even if someone was smart enough to do so, it wouldn't make a difference, cause you would just die due to uncapped resistances..

since 3.2 single reflect mobs are trivial and if u cant afford to reroll reflect-mod from a map you should buy some alchs/scours.

"
BeyondSenses wrote:

so stop your smartass attitude about being "smart"..

talking about reflect is talking about reflect-mod on maps, because there is no other seriosu issue. if you are willing to spend 2 points into crap. go for it. but dont glorify it.

I do not at all glorify it.. i say that it's still a really good change and helps alot of people out, that can't afford really high tier currency, or currency to keep rerolling reflect maps.. that's all i've said from the start!

That is not at all glorifying it, just trying to make you and that other dude not degrading it, like it is completely useless, cause it's not.

But ofc, if you're lucky as fuck, and got tons of currency, time and items, you can do anything.. it's not like i don't know how to avoid ailments, reflects or anything like that.. i know my way around this game and the mechanics of this game.
I reroll the maps myself, with chaos even, cause i find that more than i find alchemy, and cause i am lazy as fuck, not wanting to click on 2 currency items to reroll when i can just click one currency item..

So for me, i don't mind the change at all, i like the new slayer alot better, especially cause it pisses off people like you and that other guy, that you can't run your OP builds the same way any more ^^
Makes it all the more worth it.
"
Zirpe wrote:
"
BeyondSenses wrote:

I pitty your passive aggressive tone :)
Sorry to hear that you have to waste 2 points in your OP as fuck build.. must be shame to finally see some ascendancy balances, when it's your build that is not getting buffed..

interesting conclusions you perform.
im not blaming a slayer-nerf, i am blaming the fully uninspirational "changes". keeping useless reflect-protection and onkill-bs.
and looking at your name -> nomen est omen.
/

And i don't think it is at all useless.. i can find plenty of other useless nodes, depending on the build..
Don't like it, don't play it.. easy as that..

and btw... i do not know what the hell "nomen est omen" means ;)
"
BeyondSenses wrote:
"
Redreaper21 wrote:
"
BeyondSenses wrote:

Weird, that's exactly what you sound like
I can easily overcap my resistances such that I can afford to replace a ring slot any time, which anyone should do anyway so they don't have to reroll elemental weakness maps

Okay, so ...

Didn't read that wall of text honestly
Abyss bosses do cold damage
If you die to them you probably stood in a huge shitstorm of exploding spikes which you weren't supposed to
saw something about chaos res - nobody bothers with that
If you're only wearing 2 uniques, one being your weapon, and you can't overcap resistances, then you're doing something wrong
Last edited by Redreaper21 on Feb 25, 2018, 8:58:29 PM
Enough bickering over Slayer, I'm curious about how people feel about the Elementalist changes.

1) Mastermind of Discord you need to use Herald of Ash in order to penetrate fire. Herald of Ash is a physical damage affecting aura, does it really benefit any witch builds? I feel like this is a significant oversight in the ascension's design.

2) Pendulum of Destruction is less bad, but still just strictly something you can get from normal passives (and more reliably at that) instead of something interesting.

3) Serious question: does anyone ever take Beacon of Ruin? It seems like it just helps clear trash in a class that is really good at clearing trash in a game where clearing trash isn't the thing that is challenging.

4) Interesting changes to Liege of the Primordial. Sad at loss of 100% effectiveness increase, but love that it stacks so all-golem builds have an ascendancy just for them.
Last edited by Beefriedrice on Feb 25, 2018, 9:05:16 PM
"
BeyondSenses wrote:
especially cause it pisses off people like you and that other guy, that you can't run your OP builds the same way any more ^^
Makes it all the more worth it.

thats why you lack of low currency and others not.
and btw, i never play a created build twice.
so again, maybe then u get it :
headsman used to be a noob-trap and now they force u to pick it up instead of reworking it.
"
Why are the images named such funny things?

Hamburger Recipe
Batman and Robin
London New York
Normal Shapes
Wagon of pancakes
and of course... Occultist file name.

I have noticed too. Anyone has any clue or something... Filename of each ascendency are weird.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info